The ARC 2004 ~ OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE DISPERSAL

  • The ARC ~ Alternate Realities Center
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2004
      It's Our 10th Anniversary Event... and The Truth Is "Still" Out There...
      The ARC 2004 ~ Alternate Realities Conference
      * OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE DISPERSAL *

      Our 10th Year Anniversary Event will be held at the Centre at Millennium Park, a beautiful conference center located adjacent to the prestigious and luxurious, 1930's style Carnegie Hotel. Our conference facility is just across the street from East Tennessee State University. The ETSU campus is reportedly home to several resident ghosts and is located near the historic district of downtown Johnson City, Tennessee...

      The conference will begin promptly on Friday morning, September 24th with registration at 9 AM and will continue until the evening of Saturday, September 25th. There will be vendors, live music, and beautiful art displays to enjoy before, during, and after the conference. There will also be a concert by local and out-of-town bands on Friday evening, free to all conference goers. In addition, we will be offering a guided, group tour of Haunted Jonesborough - Tennessee's oldest town on Saturday evening. Additional information and details are included in this press release...

      This year's not-for-profit, two-day gathering will feature an honored cast of presenters, and as always, is being held in the interest of Humanity's continued enlightenment. The ARC 2004 includes the following talks and lectures sure to inspire and enlighten you...

      Our Two-Day Speaker Line-Up:

      Kriss Stephens, from Louisiana and The ARC 2004 Key Note Speaker: The former host of the 'Mtv' popular television series called "FEAR", Speaking on her intriguing "Investigations of Ghosts and Haunted Places", as well as her brand new book with autographed book signings. The title of her book is to be announced in May of 2004, but will deal with her many ghostly adventures...
      Leah Haley, from Middle Tennessee: Returning from our first conference event in 1994, Leah will speak on the content of her new book "Unlocking Alien Closets" with autographed book signings and a true homecoming for us all! Leah's book is reportedly in the top ten percent of sales on Amazon.com...
      Jim Hickman, from Oklahoma: To discuss his perspectives on "The Alien Abduction of Human Beings" and "A History of UFO's In The Media"...
      Donald E. Ware, LTC (USAF Retired): Donald will offer two talks entitled "UFOs and the Spiritual Hierarchy" and "Planet X: A Philosophical Perspective"...
      Jason Martell, from California: Speaking on important information from his recent books regarding "Ancient Astronauts and the Sumerian Culture" as well as "Planet X: A Scientific Perspective"...
      Chester Moore, Bigfoot Researcher: Speaking on speaking on the subject of Bigfoot, the title of his lecture "To Be Announced"...
      Stacey Allen McGee, Founder and Director of The ARC and a native of upper East Tennessee: Presenting a preview of his forthcoming book to be called "Time, Space, and Thought... Journeys In Metaphysics"...

      The Conference Facility: The Centre at Millennium Park is a brand new, state-of-the-art conference and convention facility featuring the latest comforts and convenience for both conference goers and honored guests. The conference center is located behind and adjacent to the Carnegie Hotel at 2001 Millennium Place in Johnson City, Tennessee. A fully enclosed and air-conditioned walk-way connects the two buildings and provides protection from the elements. The auditorium is very impressive with the latest technology at each individual's fingertips. The auditorium features extreme comfort with tiered, theater style seating and eight hour, ergonomic chairs. In addition, there are outlets for connecting a laptop computer at each seat and the facility is fully accessible for those with special needs...

      Live Music for The ARC 2004: Still to be confirmed, unique to this year's event, and hopefully to become an annual tradition we have invited the ambient electronic musical talents of "The Amaranth Signal" to 'set the tone' for this special anniversary event. This musical group's name comes from the mythical flower "Amaranth", which is said to bloom forever. Amaranth was also a staple in the diet of pre-Columbian Aztecs, who believed it had supernatural powers and incorporated it into their religious ceremonies...

      Besides having chosen the pre-Columbian name for the project, the three East Tennessee musicians represent the very cutting edge of today's music. They are well connected with musicians in different parts of the world, but at the same time have never lost the connection to their immediate environment, to the valleys and hills, and to the simple but profound music of Appalachia"...

      Space Art Display and Exhibition: Another first for this year's annual event will be an exhibition of "Limited Edition Space Art Prints", graciously provided to us from the private collection of Mike Chesman ~ Director of Bays Mountain Park's Planetarium located in Kingsport, Tennessee...

      Conference goers will be able to browse beautifully unique and inspirational "space-art" prints which will also be available for purchase. The artists represented in the exhibit will be Armand Cabrera, Michael Carroll, Dennis Davidson, Don Davis, Dan Durda, Bob Eggleton, Dr. William K. Hartmann, Kim Poor, and Joe Tucciarone...

      Our Supporting Local Vendors: We are privileged to have with us some exciting first time additions in the way of vendors for this year's special anniversary event. Vendors for this year's conference will include "Atlantis", "The Jade Tree", and a wonderful T-Shirt outlet called "Mojo International". All are from Johnson City and will be present to offer unique clothing as well as hard to find items for mental and spiritual growth and healing...

      Live Concert On Friday Evening: Returning from The ARC 2003, back by popular demand and exhibiting a fresh new look and sound, is the band "Frantic Radio Beings". The band, who has become extremely popular in the Nashville, Tennessee area, will play live at "The Casbah" on Friday evening, September 24th, beginning at 8 PM. In addition, "FRB" will be accompanied by another locally well-known band originating in the Tri-Cities whose name will be announced on our website soon...

      The Casbah is located just a short distance from the Centre at Millennium Park conference center at 807 West Walnut Street in Johnson City, Tennessee. The phone number is (423) 928-0808. Although transportation is not provided, directions and options for getting to the concert will be presented at the conference on Friday morning. Pizza and a variety of beverages will be available to purchase on location at the site. All registered conference ticket holders will receive free admission to the concert. More information about FRB can be found on our website at Www.AlternateRealities.orG

      The Legends, Whispers, and Mysteries Tour: Join us for a "ghost walk" through the streets of Jonesborough, Tennessee - the state's oldest town! You and your guide will embark on a journey into history on Saturday evening, September 25th, to share the legends, stories and unusual happenings of Jonesborough's past and present on this 'ghostly' tour. Some have called this a ghost walk... others a sharing of mysteries tour. You'll just have to decide for yourself. It is exciting and titillating, but most importantly, it is just good old-fashioned fun...

      The stories will be a little different on each tour because the oldest town in Tennessee has far too many stories to share on just one dark evening. "Legends, Whispers and Mysteries" is a tasteful blend of stories and legends handed down from family to family and hearth to hearth. Make your reservations early and experience this spine tingling evening. The tour will depart from the Jonesborough Visitors Center located at 117 Boone Street in Jonesborough, Tennessee. Their number is (423) 753-1010. Following tour check-in beginning at 7:00 PM, we will embark on our tour promptly at 7:30 PM...

      Historic Jonesborough is just a few miles drive from the conference facility and all area hotels listed on the accommodations page of our site. Once again, transportation is not provided to this part of the event, but everyone is welcome to carpool and caravan down together from the conference center. Tickets for this group activity are only $12 per person and are not included in general conference admission. If you intend to participate in the tour, you must let us know of your interests in advance. For more information, please write to us at Director@......

      Travel and Accommodation Arrangements: We know how hard travel can be when you're planning a trip to a destination with limited knowledge of the restaurants, hotels, and transportation options available. That's why we have prepared a detailed listing and description of travel and tourism information for the Johnson City, Tennessee area. Visit our website at Www.AlternateRealities.orG to get up-to-date information on accommodations, campgrounds, airports, and a map to the conference center, as well as other tidbits for use in planning your trip...

      Advance Registration and Discounts: Seating is limited and advance registration is strongly recommended for this year's event. There is a FIFTY PERCENT ~ 50% ~ DISCOUNT on all registrations received before May 1, 2004. Additional discounts apply for students with their school identification card. For full details on registration, please visit our website at Www.AlternateRealities.orG

      Printable Flyers and Registration Form: If you would like to help spread the word about The ARC 2004 in your local community you may obtain printable forms and flyers from our website at Www.AlternateRealities.orG to copy and post in appropriate locations around town. Your support of this important cause would also be most gratefully appreciated and will help ensure that we may continue these events making the next ten years even more inspirational and educational than those of the past...

      Ticket Outlets and Area Vendors: If you would prefer to purchase your tickets from local vendors, tickets for admission to The ARC 2004 are now on sale at all of the following locations...

      Atlantis, Downtown Johnson City, 242 E Main St, Johnson City, TN 37604
      The Jade Tree, The Roan Centre, 1805 N Roan St, Johnson City, TN 37601
      Mojo International, The Mall at Johnson City, 2011 N Roan St, Johnson City, TN 37601

      Past Conference Feedback and Photos: We are proud of our achievements reaching back through the years to our first conference in 1994, but don't take our word for it. Visit our website at Www.AlternateRealities.orG to read some of the most recent feedback with regard to The ARC 2003. While you're there, browse through photos taken at some of our conference events from years past...

      In Loving Memory... During the course of this year's event we will offer a tribute to Constance Clear who spoke at our last conference in June of 2003. Constance died in a motorcycle accident late last year. Although she will be sorely missed by all who knew and loved her, she will abide forever in our thoughts and memories so long as we do not forget her gentleness, kindness, and depth of spirit. Constance was fiercely devoted to helping others find truth, knowledge, support, and greater understanding in the many areas of her personal experience and interest where such gifts are seldom, if ever, offered...

      If you have any questions regarding registration, or The ARC 2004, please feel free to contact us with your comments and suggestions at Director@... and Conference Information Hotline is: (423) 943-6477

      Stacey Allen McGee
      Founder and Director
      The ARC ~ Alternate Realities Center
      Www.AlternateRealities.orG

      Email: Director@...
      Mailing Address: PO Box 153, Unicoi, TN 37692 USA
      Extraordinary Experiences & Sightings Hotline: 423-735-0848
      Office Telephone and Meeting Information: 423-943-6477

      "What concerns me is not the way things are, but rather the way people think things are." -- Epictetus 55-135