Re: 2004 and Religions

  • Ginny
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
      --- In antigravityufotypepropulsion@yahoogroups.com, CreationPhysics@a... wrote:
> [...]
      > 8I want men everywhere to lift up holy hands in prayer, without anger or
      > disputing.
      >
      > I DO BELIEVE THAT ONE RELIGION MUST NOT CRITICIZE OR DISLIKE ANY PEOPLE WHO
      > ARE OF ANOTHER RELIGION. All we can do is to occasionally mention to them what
      > we think is right, and why we follow our own specific religion & beliefs.
      > Open dialog is to be encouraged between all. Not hatred, or saying that
      > so-and-so is going to Hell because they have the wrong religion.
      >
      > There is a fine line of distinction here. You see, evidently what the
      > Antichrist wants to do (through his ecumenical "New World Religion") is to have ALL
      > faiths recognize each other and CO-EXIST with each other and respect each
      > other. And, everyone just keeps the religion which they currently have. God does
      > NOT want us to be doing things similar or the same as what the antichrist is
      > doing.
      >
      > What WE should do is YES, be very nice and considerate of other religions and
      > even try to co-exist with them, but the difference is that we MUST lovingly
      > and occasionally explain to those other religions that they may not be the
      > right one which will get them saved. Just don't ram it down their throats or run
      > them out of town if they are muslim, etc..... See the difference??
      >
      > People can't just change faiths overnight. What they could do, to help lead
      > them into this, is to simply mention the name of Jesus once in a while,
      > instead of just ONLY Allah, or Mary, or Muhammad, and so on.
      >
      > Just start talking a little more about Jesus (some bible codes say that it
      > was actually GOD that died on the cross--- one said "the God that died").
      > That's all. Then, hopefully each person that starts doing this will begin to see
      > positive changes in their life, or even better changes than what they had
      > before. ALWAYS have compassion for others AT ALL TIMES, and LISTEN to what they
      > have to say, instead of just running over them with your belief system. But, do
      > at some point let them know that they are possibly/even probably wrong in
      > their beliefs. The one TRUE religion which God wants must finally come out.
      > Only it saves. Only by the Name of Jesus saves.
      >
      > If you were God, wouldn't you be mad at humans who DID NOT NOTICE that Jesus
      > was a Messiah, and he DIED for OUR BENEFIT. It may well have actually been
      > GOD HIMSELF who died for us. Any people who didn't seem to notice the
      > importance of what Jesus did would probably not be liked too well by God, don't you
      > think? It sucks to die for someone's benefit and they don't even notice. They
      > instead may just pray to others almost exclusively instead of Jesus. The
      > Muslims, for example, just consider Jesus to be another good "prophet". They say
      > he didn't really die on the cross at all.
      >
      > Hope this makes sense, and I'll try to re-write my e-book to be a little less
      > harsh.
      > We're all in this mess together. We need to figure out answers, and soon.

      Hi Rick,
      you left such a long post, I only have time for a short reply;

      The Catholic church was formed from the Apostles, directly from the ressurection of Christ, although it didn't use the name 'catholic' for a while, [meaning universal] And we are Christian.

      this is basically what we believe;

      THE APOSTLE'S CREED: We believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.

      I have a web site where lots of other info is available;
      http://groups.msn.com/CatholicFriends/_homepage.msnw?pgmarket=en-us

      all are welcome to share kindness.
      [it is not one of those debate/hate groups]
      :-)

      any other things, like private revelations, approved or otherwise are for individual choice.

      you mention;
      >Catholics is that they praise Mary quite a lot, and they typically don't
      > believe in the Chapter of Revelation (or in the end-of-the-age scenario).

      that is not an accurate statement.
      We do not 'praise' Mary, we respect her.
      AND we certainly do believe the whole bible, including revelations/end times... we simply have a slightly different view of it.
      If you take the time to read our daily readings, you would find that, from yesterday [first Sunday of advent] until Christmas Eve, all of our reading from scripture are END TIMES verses.
      I post them in my afore menioned group, but can send you the url if you like.

      this bit you mentioned;
      >All I'm suggesting for Catholics is that
      > they simply begin mentioning Jesus as often as they mention "Mary". So every
      > chance you get, in your praises to Mary, just change it to "Mary & Jesus".

      you don't have all of the facts. We mention Jesus daily in our prayers. We pray to Jesus, AND ask things 'in the name of Jesus' all of the time.
      Sadly, too many people have the assumptions you have made, and I hope to correct errors when I see them, out of love and hoe for closer understanding between all Christians.

      oh dear, I just noticed this bit;
      >SEVERAL bible codes which have been discovered
      > which clearly say that praises to Mary are a bad thing. One of them called
      > her an "idol", and one called her a "vain Asheroth", and if you look up what

      I hope nobody places much stock in the 'bible codes' thing, it is a man made
      thing that many use as though it were instructions from God, altough it is closer to being a new age version of numerology. All deceptive things hold a grain of truth, but you are safer with a 'sola scriptura' idea, than to put much credence in the 'bible codes'.
      I know it is interesting, but we are not suposed to use any kind of divination or means to find ot the future, it falls into the catagory of going to a 'seer'.
      That's just my advice, not an official 'Catholic thing'.

      Well, get back to you later, I'm off to run errands.
      Take care,
      Ginny
    • Ginny
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
        just a little note to share...
        from an e-mail from my friend Victor;

        PREPARE YOUR HEARTS FOR HIM
        Jesus is always coming.  He is always arriving.  He is always present - - B=
        ecause He lives in the now of eternity where there is no before and after.  =
        He is God . . . in human form.
        He came 2000 years ago.  He will come to each of us at the moment of our de=
        ath.  He will come for all the human race one moment at the General Judgment=
        on the last day at the end of the world.
        He comes to us sacramentally with each Holy Communion.  He comes liturgical=
        ly at Christmas.  He comes through the Holy Spirit with every actual grace H=
        e bestows:  that special light to our mind and that thrust to our will that =
        moves us to do the  will of our Heavenly Father.
        His advents invite us to become ever more conscious of Him so as to eagerly=
        welcome Him on His arrival . . . . whenever that may be.
        May I suggest four special companions at this time to stir up your hearts t=
        o be ever ready for His arrival?

        1.) The prophets Jeremiah and Isaiah to sharpen our appetite for the word o=
        f God.  The sacred scripture of the Old Testament is inspired too.

        2.) John the Baptist to help with the repentance our God expects from each =
        of us.  Confess your sins!  Make the best confession of your life.  Anticipa=
        te the judgment.

        3.) Francis of Assisi with His Christmas Creche to help us appreciate the s=
        acred humanity of the God-Man.  There is no better mentor to teach the unclu=
        ttering of our lives.

        4.) The Virgin Mother of God as She brings forth Her Baby Boy for us to hol=
        d and cherish and love.  Let Her rosary come alive in your life.
        Personalize the message.  Internalize it.  Integrate it into your being.

        With companionship like this, our arms will be wide open for our Savior, no=
        matter when or how He comes.
        It is still true:  "We do well the things we prepare well for."

        Copyright 2003 Father Angelus Shaughnessy, Order of Friars Minor Capuchin
        All Rights Reserved
        Annunciation Friary, 5821 Old Leeds Road, Irondale, Alabama 35210
        Web site:
          e-mail: padre@...