Re: 2004 is just around the corner

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 25, 2003
      Actually Ginny, the thing I have encountered , is that the majority
      of Catholics do not consider themselves 'Christian' ; About all
      catholics I encounter have to be informed 'christian' is not
      a 'protestant' title.
      There is a prevailing myth among many good catholics that the
      term 'christian' refers to the protestant sect.
      Because I understand part of the operation of the presence of the
      Holy Spirit is to unite; or; make all creatures one; I put this
      forth: All catholics and protestants alike need to see we are each
      under one and the same covering of the same covenant of the same
      author of Life.

      Until THIS happens, we ought not to expect the rest of the world to
      belive we believe.

      "they shall know we are christians by our love one for another"

      Personally I dont think THAT will happen as a global thing until
      After the Earth is changed by God, and not by man.

      But each and every believer in the Mesiah can make a difference in
      their own relations made personally until that day.

      --- In antigravityufotypepropulsion@yahoogroups.com, "Ginny"
      <marycozzens@w...> wrote:
      > --- In antigravityufotypepropulsion@yahoogroups.com, ufolight
      <no_reply@y..=
      > .> wrote:
      > > I encourage individuals to get involved in what you believe in.
      > > If you tend towards the way I do, you should check this out.
      > >
      > > http://www.georgewbush.com/Default.aspx
      >

      > Hi group,
      > I am taking this as an opportunity to share.......
      > as far as preparing for the future events, this one thing is
      possible for m=
      > e to do, as it costs me nothing but time and a willingness to do
      it; I pray =
      > the rosary for salvation of any loved ones [family and friends]
      that may not=
      > have anyone else praying for them. If I'm going to heaven, I want
      them to c=
      > ome too. So daily, this is what I do....
      > pray from this list [index page here explains and connects all
      other parts]=

      > this is both a prayer and a meditation on the life, death and
      resurrection =
      > of our Lord.
      > Scripture Rosary
      rosary.html">http://ww=
      > w.geocities.com/marycozzens/script-rosary.html</a>
      > this is what we believe;
      > THE APOSTLE'S CREED:
      > <a
      href="http://www.geocities.com/marycozzens/apostcreed.html">http://www
      .g=
      > eocities.com/marycozzens/apostcreed.html</a>
      >
      > then, each day, I pick one of the 4 following parts of the
      Scriptural Rosar=
      > y to pray...
      > 1.) the birth and youth of Jesus;
      > The Joyful Mysteries
      > <a
      href="http://www.geocities.com/marycozzens/joyful.html">http://www.geo
      ci=
      > ties.com/marycozzens/joyful.html</a>
      >
      > 2.) the ministry of Jesus;
      > The Luminous Mysteries
      > <a
      href="http://www.geocities.com/marycozzens/luminous.html">http://www.g
      eo=
      > cities.com/marycozzens/luminous.html</a>
      >
      > 3.) the crucifixion of Jesus;
      > The Sorrowful Mysteries
      > <a
      href="http://www.geocities.com/marycozzens/sorrowful.html">http://www.
      ge=
      > ocities.com/marycozzens/sorrowful.html</a>
      >
      > 4.) the resurrection of Jesus and he Holy Spirit given to the
      Apostles;
      > Glorious Mysteries
      > <a
      href="http://www.geocities.com/marycozzens/glorious.html">http://www.g
      eo=
      > cities.com/marycozzens/glorious.html</a>
      >

      > After praying/meditating on one of the above 4 mysteries, a special
      bit;
      > THE SALVE REGINA (Hail Holy Queen):
      > <a
      href="http://www.geocities.com/marycozzens/salveregina.html">http://ww
      w.=
      > geocities.com/marycozzens/salveregina.html</a>
      >
      > followed by;
      > The Memorare ...
      > <a
      href="http://www.geocities.com/marycozzens/memorare.html">http://www.g
      eo=
      > cities.com/marycozzens/memorare.html</a>
      >
      > and finally, a prayer to help defend us against the devil
      > Prayer To Saint Michael
      > <a
      href="http://www.geocities.com/marycozzens/stmicheal.html">http://www.
      ge=
      > ocities.com/marycozzens/stmicheal.html</a>
      >

      > I know a lot of folks do not know much about this particular
      devotion, and =
      > many do not realize that Catholics are Christians, I hope you have
      enjoyed l=
      > earning about what I do in preparation for the end times. This
      meditation ta=
      > kes about an hour if read aloud with all of the scriptures, and I
      find it qu=
      > ite refreshing for my soul.
      > Ginny
    • Ginny
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 26, 2003
        --- In antigravityufotypepropulsion@yahoogroups.com, ufolight <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Actually Ginny, the thing I have encountered , is that the majority
        > of Catholics do not consider themselves 'Christian' ; About all
        > catholics I encounter have to be informed 'christian' is not
        > a 'protestant' title.
        > There is a prevailing myth among many good catholics that the
        > term 'christian' refers to the protestant sect.
        > Because I understand part of the operation of the presence of the
        > Holy Spirit is to unite; or; make all creatures one; I put this
        > forth: All catholics and protestants alike need to see we are each
        > under one and the same covering of the same covenant of the same
        > author of Life.
        >
        > Until THIS happens, we ought not to expect the rest of the world to
        > belive we believe.
        >
        > "they shall know we are christians by our love one for another"
        >
        > Personally I dont think THAT will happen as a global thing until
        > After the Earth is changed by God, and not by man.
        >
        > But each and every believer in the Mesiah can make a difference in
        > their own relations made personally until that day.

        Wow, that's pretty odd, maybe you have only met ignorant Catholics. I have only gotten to know ones that completely understand that they are Christians.
        It is unfortunate, in my opinion, that some Catholics think that any non-Catholic is not a Christian.
        As a convert, I am acutely aware that this is not the case; All people who see Jesus as the Lord are by definition, Christian. I know that I was always a Christian, although I used to be a Baptist and have been to all sorts of Protestant churches. I think it is a big shame that so many Protestant Preachers teach hatred of the Catholics, none of us should ever hate each other, and we should be kind and encourage one another. When I pray for salvation for my loved ones, I leave the denominational aspects to God. I only share my faith because it has brought me so much closer to God in my personal experience.
        I know that you are a Christian, and have no doubt of it. I hope your future encounters with Catholics will be more positive.
        :-)
        love you lots,
        "Big sister" Ginny
        [mentioned in case other members do not know that Maurice and I are brother and sister]
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 27, 2003
          Actually the people I refer to were not presenting me with any
          negatives. There just is a lot of Catholics who somehow got the
          message that 'Christian' is not a Catholic title.

          Like, If I were to ask if they were a christian, and they happened to
          be catholic, a common response is; ' I'm Catholic ' . If I ask them
          then , if they know that all believers in Christ are christians,
          there is normally a noticeable level of doubt I get from them, which
          could meerly mean, that there are a lot of people with religious
          affilation who really dont know much of what they really believe.
          Yeah, there is a long way to go in educating believers abroad of
          what really is; and what is not.
          Yes, unfortunately, there is religious prejudice coming from both
          protestant and catholic pulpits: This is one place to focus prayer,
          at the leaders of churchs.
          I personally think most people got it all screwed backward about
          what they think of when the topic 'sin' comes up.

          I feel secure that our Creator and Heavenly Father could care less
          about drinking and smoking and drugs and foul language and such,
          compared to the blindness perpetrated by vehemet disunity and discord
          against one another other who actually are spiritual brothers.

          Even though I most normally do not mention religious views in this
          group; Now and then could be appropriate; especially when the views
          are not so much 'mine' but revelation from above that the world
          desperately needs.

          I hope everyone has had a wonderful Thanks Giving , even though the
          Cherokee part of me realizes that the traditional impression we
          Americans get about the relations between my Irish ancestors and my
          American Indian ancestors is just as blured from truth as the former
          above topic.

          peace and love = hope

          love and hope = peace

          hope and peace = love

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 28, 2003
            I'm going to answer this post in bits and pieces so I don't leave anything out... I'll put a [G] next to my statements so it is easier to follow

            --- In antigravityufotypepropulsion@yahoogroups.com, ufolight <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > Actually the people I refer to were not presenting me with any
            > negatives. There just is a lot of Catholics who somehow got the
            > message that 'Christian' is not a Catholic title.
            >
            > Like, If I were to ask if they were a christian, and they happened to
            > be catholic, a common response is; ' I'm Catholic ' .

            O.K., that is a common response that usually means "Ofcourse I'm Christian, I'm Catholic". A lot of Catholics answer this way because they feel insulted,
            mainly because of a lot of mean spirited lies about Catholics not being Christian.
            Sorta like "does a bear poop in the woods?" if they happen to be in the woods, the answer is obvious.
            [G]

            >If I ask them
            > then , if they know that all believers in Christ are christians,
            > there is normally a noticeable level of doubt I get from them, which
            > could meerly mean, that there are a lot of people with religious
            > affilation who really dont know much of what they really believe.

            This is a common difficulty too
            as part of Catholics believe that you have to be Catholic to be Christian, because of the schism since Martin Luther, it is widely felt that Luther caused the split under the influence of the devil, or at least out of self pride, rather than humbly seeking God's help in changing his own ideas to become more Catholic.
            I think when the anti-Catholic rhetoric, that many groups espouse, goes away, people will be less defensive in their answers and more open to real communication. I know that it is possible to be a Christian without being a member of the Catholic church, because I became a Christian when I was 18,[back in 1972] and a Catholic when I was confirmed in 1999.
            Certainly, some are less educated than others as you suggest, that can be said of members of any group.
            [G]

            > Yeah, there is a long way to go in educating believers abroad of
            > what really is; and what is not.
            > Yes, unfortunately, there is religious prejudice coming from both
            > protestant and catholic pulpits: This is one place to focus prayer,
            > at the leaders of churchs.
            > I personally think most people got it all screwed backward about
            > what they think of when the topic 'sin' comes up.

            hahaha, I have to agree with that!
            Sin is not only difficult for people to agree on a definition of, but how to deal with it is another bone of contention.
            [G]

            > I feel secure that our Creator and Heavenly Father could care less
            > about drinking and smoking and drugs and foul language and such,
            > compared to the blindness perpetrated by vehemet disunity and discord
            > against one another other who actually are spiritual brothers.

            well, drinking and smoking are not in themselves sin, excessive substance abse legal or illegal, is not condusive to personal holiness though. It takes much less strength of will to avoid occassion for sin if one is sober, or at least moderate in their use of such.
            i.e., if Sally goes to a bar and has several drinks; she is more likely to cheat on her husband with some stranger than if she were having club soda.
            etc.

            Disunity is where the real scandal of the church, as Body of Christ, lies.
            Ecumenismis so very important, the Lord can not be pleased to see one group hating the other. A house divided can not stand. Keeping in mind WHO it is that wishes to destroy our souls and plunder the church, all of us should be working to heal the wounds and become 'one body' again.
            [G]

            > Even though I most normally do not mention religious views in this
            > group; Now and then could be appropriate; especially when the views
            > are not so much 'mine' but revelation from above that the world
            > desperately needs.

            I agree, and think that Thanksgiving was a good time to bring up the subject.
            I go to many debate groups, but can not spend much time in them because I end up trying to be referee, making everyone be nicer, and the hatred flying in those groups is abysmal.
            I far prefer to just post encouragement, scripture and truth, as well as prayers of all sorts. It's far more soothing to my soul.
            [G]

            > I hope everyone has had a wonderful Thanks Giving , even though the
            > Cherokee part of me realizes that the traditional impression we
            > Americans get about the relations between my Irish ancestors and my
            > American Indian ancestors is just as blured from truth as the former
            > above topic.
            >
            > peace and love = hope
            >
            > love and hope = peace
            >
            > hope and peace = love

            you said a mouthful !
            didn't Mom tell you not to talk with your mouth-full ?
            hahaha, just teasing.
            a suggestion;
            in the future, when you meet a Catholic, ask questions that will lead to sharing common ground, like;
            "What do you believe?"
            "How long have you been a Christian?"
            "What does your family do at Christmas?"
            "Easter...." etc.
            Getting people to share makes them feel good, whereas the other questions made them think you might be a Catholic basher, and that's just annoying.
            Sort of like if someone comes up to you and asks "Are you a man?"
            you would either have to laugh at them or give them a sassy reply.

            Take care Maurice, I'll call you soon.
            Ginny