You Really need to know this

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2003
      I had struggled for 2 years with an error popup about AOL.EXE in my
      WININI file.
      I also got fooled into accepting that Purity Scan junk that dominates
      your computer. Also recently, I got that GlobalFinder.com home page
      hijack blasted thing that I couldn't get rid of.

      I got great good news,,, I found out how to end all that maddness, at
      a site where I posted all my results also.
      Check it out at
      http://www.computing.net/security/wwwboard/forum/6529.html

      Hew everybody, If you are not haveing these problems, you know
      somebody who is, and the answers are in that site.

      Yeah, off topic, but when it's for sanities sake, who can object.

      I can tell you how relieved I am.