Time Out

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2003
      I hope everyone who opens this posted message, sincerly stops for a
      moment, if you havn't already, to meditate a prayer for the Family
      and friends of our lost Crew in this tragic event of the Columbia
      Orbiter Shuttle:

      AMEN....
    • Ginny <marycozzens@webtv.net>
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2003
        --- In antigravityufotypepropulsion@yahoogroups.com, ufolight <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > I hope everyone who opens this posted message, sincerly stops for a
        > moment, if you havn't already, to meditate a prayer for the Family
        > and friends of our lost Crew in this tragic event of the Columbia
        > Orbiter Shuttle:

        > AMEN....

        thanks Maurice. Once again we are faced with a tragic loss, and the nation is in mourning. I am sharing here what I have posted on a group specifically for prayer for the departed, in case anyone is interested in that sort of thing.
        ******
        the following is a copy of an e-mail I received, let us remember to pray for the lost crew members and their families...
        Subject: The last Columbia mission
        Date: Saturday, February 1, 2003
        HOUSTON, Texas (CNN) -- The seven astronauts aboard Columbia, Mission STS-113 [STS-107?], were killed today when the space shuttle broke apart about 38 miles over east Texas...The incident occurred shortly after reentry and 15 minutes before Columbia had been scheduled to land at Cape Canaveral..
        The shuttle was at an altitude of about 203,000 feet over north-central Texas at 9 a.m. EST, traveling at 12,500 mph, when Mission Control lost all contact and tracking data....
        House Democratic leaders, who were holding a meeting in Pennsylvania, ended the session with a prayer for the seven astronauts...
        Columbia is the oldest of NASA's shuttle fleet, first launched in 1981. It was on its 28th mission. The shuttle underwent an extensive, 17-month
        overhaul that began in September, 1999....
        In 42 years of U.S. human space flight, there had never been an accident during the descent to Earth or landing. On Jan. 28, 1986, space shuttle Challenger exploded shortly after liftoff.
        The Soviets lost a crew on reentry in 1970 after an oxygen leak that caused the cosmonauts to suffocate on the way down...
        The shuttle is essentially a glider during the hour-long decent from orbit toward the landing strip. It is covered by about 20,000 thermal tiles to
        protect against temperatures as high as 3,000 degrees.
        On Jan. 16, shortly after Columbia lifted off, a piece of insulating foam on its external fuel tank came off and was believed to have hit the left wing of the shuttle. Leroy Cain, the lead flight director in Mission Control, assured reporters Friday that engineers had concluded that any damage to the wing was considered minor and posed no safety hazard.
        Just in the past week, NASA observed the anniversary of its only two other space tragedies, the Challenger explosion on Jan. 28, 1986, which killed all
        seven astronauts on board, and the Apollo spacecraft fire that killed three on Jan. 27, 1967..
        NASA is extremely unlikely to build a new space shuttle to replace Columbia, according to experts, leaving the space agency with the three remaining orbiters as its entire fleet for the foreseeable future. The next generation of reusable space vehicles is at least 10 to 15 years off...

        posted at:
        http://groups.msn.com/APrayerfortheDeparted
        a group run by me,
        Ginny
      • Dan Conine <dconine2000@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
          --- In antigravityufotypepropulsion@yahoogroups.com, "Ginny
          <marycozzens@w...>" <marycozzens@w...> wrote:
          > --- In antigravityufotypepropulsion@yahoogroups.com, ufolight
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > > I hope everyone who opens this posted message, sincerly stops for
          > > moment, if you havn't already, to meditate a prayer for the
          Family
          > > and friends of our lost Crew in this tragic event of the Columbia
          > > Orbiter Shuttle:
          > > AMEN....
          >
          > thanks Maurice. Once again we are faced with a tragic loss, and the
          nation is in mourning. I am sharing here what I have posted on a
          group specifically for prayer for the departed, in case anyone is
          interested in that sort of thing.
          > ******
          > Just in the past week, NASA observed the anniversary of its only
          two other space tragedies, the Challenger explosion on Jan. 28, 1986,
          which killed all
          > seven astronauts on board, and the Apollo spacecraft fire that
          killed three on Jan. 27, 1967..
          > NASA is extremely unlikely to build a new space shuttle to replace
          Columbia, according to experts, leaving the space agency with the
          three remaining orbiters as its entire fleet for the foreseeable
          future. The next generation of reusable space vehicles is at least 10
          to 15 years off...

          Maybe NASA should stop flying in January. Make it the permanent
          safety stand-down month for training and refitting.

          I was at the Space Frontier Conference in LA in 1999. NASA's
          director, Dan Goldin gave a talk, as well as some of NASA's best and
          brightest. Goldin was pushing his 'faster, better, cheaper' schpiel,
          and the engineers were pumped about the new shuttle replacement
          project. Even my semi-trained eyes could tell the replacement was a
          nightmare of composite materials engineering. It has since failed the
          required leak tests for the fuel tanks. It was supposed to be flying
          by 2005, I think.
          NASA is like the rest of us, kept in the dark and mislead by peer-
          pressure to use relativistic thinking so we stay in the class-based
          dark ages of consumptive economics, while the 'wise' leaders in
          compartmentalized, windowless committee rooms keep the real advances
          out of our reach through patent confiscation, disinformation, and
          coercion. As long as we consume and play, we are supposed to be
          accepting of the farce we believe is advanced science. Sure, there
          may be dangers of dictators getting nasty weapons, but then, there
          are always those dangers. The real risk is to reinvent humanity by
          showing us how puny we really are in the universe, and have us
          realize we are better off with only minimal conveniences and our
          families, rather than being the puppets of wage slavedom that we are,
          keeping entertained at spectacles and emotion-pumping video boxes.
          buy-spend-buy-work-vegg

          Dan

          Do you see a pattern emerging here, Scully?