more mail shared

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 13, 2002
      Gordon L. Cooper, one of America's original Mercury 7 Astronauts,
      personally saw and his men filmed UFOs so he has been outspoken about
      the need for an open inquiry into UFOs. In 1978, he sent the following
      letter to the United Nations:

      "I believe that these extraterrestrial vehicles and their crews are
      visiting this planet from other planets, which are a little more
      technically advanced than we are on Earth. I feel that we need to
      have a
      top level, coordinated program to scientifically collect and analyze
      data from all over the Earth. We may first have to show them that we
      have learned how to resolve our problems by peaceful means rather than
      warfare, before we are accepted as fully qualified universal team
      members. I should point out that I am not an experienced UFO
      professional researcher - I have not yet had the privilege of flying a
      UFO nor of meeting the crew of one. However, I do feel that I am
      somewhat qualified to discuss them, since I have been into the fringes
      of the vast areas of which they travel. Also, I did have occasion in
      1951 to have two days of observation of many flights of them, of
      different sizes flying in fighter formation, generally from west to
      east
      over Europe. They were at a higher altitude than we could reach with
      our
      jet fighters."
      "I do believe UFOs exist and that the truly unexplained ones are from
      some other technically advanced civilization."

      Gordon L. Cooper, Mercury 7 Astronaut, NASA, Nov. 27, 1978
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 13, 2002
        http://www.zip.com.au/~psmith/cooper.html

        --- In antigravityufotypepropulsion@y..., ufolight <no_reply@y...>