Magnetic Anti-gravity Propulsion

  • paul_toomer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2013
      I am looking for your thoughts on a combined engine and magnetic propulsion.

      We all know that if we hold a permanent magnet with same poles facing they will repel each other, and I think its fair to say that we cant put the permanent magnets inside an enclosed box and expect the box to move without Newtons third law of motion applying, as the magnets will repel in opposite directions with equal force.

      If we can imagine a rocket ship using just repelling magnets enclosed to be used as the propulsion then Newtons third law applies one magnet repels to the top of the rocket to take the load then the other magnet gets repelled to the bottom of the rocket and causes cancellation.

      My question is what if we had a lets say a jet engine on guide rails pushing the bottom magnet up to the top magnet inside the rocket, would we now have only magnetic propulsion taking place, with the jet engine holding the bottom magnet in a steady repulsing position against the top magnet, the more thrust you give the jet engine the more the repulsing magnets push together lifting the entire load, the less thrust you give the wider the magnets part to the point where the craft can hover in one spot, in full flight with a large thrust from the rocket engine and keeping the thrust at a constant rate would it not be fair to say that the repulsing magnets would give the rocket a steady build up of speed as momentum increases to the craft maybe to an unlimited speed, would the rocket become an Anti-gravity craft all be it with the help from the jet engine inside the craft, the thrust from the jet engine is not used to help move the rocket but only to lift the bottom magnet so Newtons third law does not apply.