Steve Jones Display Poor Thinking Again

  • jdbeadle@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2004
      SEJ:
      Here (and see tagline) are two quotes referenced above, that make the
      point that "something must have happened to the ancestors of Homo
      sapiens which did not happen to the ancestors of gorillas and
      chimpanzees" (Morgan, 1982, pp.17-18) and "Something must have
      happened to us that didn't happen to the chimps and gorillas"
      (Watson, 1987, p.127):

      -------------------------------
      JB:
      I think what Steve is trying to "prove" (loose term for what
      constitutes proof for Jones) is that something special must have
      happened to us, like intervention from God, that make us different
      than gorillas and chimpanzees.

      But the quotes, to make the point could've easily reversed it. They
      are just indicating that once we were the same creatures but
      something occurred that started making different sub-species that
      accounts for humans, gorillas, chimpanzees, etc.

      They could've said:
      "something must have happened to the ancestors of gorillas and
      chimpanzees which did not happen to the ancestors of Homo sapiens."
      (Morgan, 1982, pp.17-18) and "Something must have happened to the
      other apes that didn't happen to the Homo sapiens " (Watson, 1987,
      p.127):

      Not to speak for Morgan or Watson but I think rewording the quote as
      I have done does nothing to what they are trying to say but it
      totally destroys Steve's (erm) point. Perhaps, God's real special
      darlings are really gorillas and chimpanzees and not Homo sapiens at
      all? Ever consider that Stevie?

      jb