Re: Response #1 to Anti-CED member's criticisms of my Dan 9:24-27 position

  • dgedington2003
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2004
      --- In anti-CED@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Curtis" <tom_kbel@h...> wrote:
      > Alright, I'm confused. Is he debating me? Or isn't he? It seems
      what Jones really wants is to be able to say that he has refuted my
      position, without being required to actually quote it. The one thing
      he does not want is for my position to be fully, and openly presented
      on CEDesign, for if it were he would be left looking pretty foolish.
      So he agrees to a debate (so that he can say he did), then immediately
      terminates it without having cross posted two of my posts made prior
      to that termination. That way he doesn't actually have to have a full
      and open debate. Odd, isn't it. All that boasting about naturalists
      being unwilling to debate the issue, but as soon as someone does, it
      is Jones who has to terminate is as soon as possible. Odd also how he
      claims that he has nothing to fear from the naturalist position, but
      consistently refuses to cross post it in full; and in his "response",
      consistently removes context to distort my claims.

      > Tom Curtis

      I would like to see a full and open debate between you and Steve
      Jones, in a neutral forum. Do you think he would accept such a debate
      if we invited him nicely?
    • Tom Curtis
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2004
        Dan wrote:

        > I would like to see a full and open debate between you and Steve
        > Jones, in a neutral forum. Do you
        think he would accept such a debate
        > if we invited him
        nicely?

        I think the ignominious way in which he forfeited the current debate already answers that question.  Even the prospect of having the case against his position cogently stated on his own forum was to much for him.  Of course, if anyone else would like to set up such a debate, I would be happy to participate.

        Tom