speech topic

  • queefymcjuice
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2006
      im doing a speech on anti-creationism and im wondering if i can get
      some info on the basics of anti-creationism
    • John Distazo
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 2, 2006
        On 11/2/06, queefymcjuice <darylsal8@...> wrote:
        im doing a speech on anti-creationism and im wondering if i can get
        some info on the basics of anti-creationism

        What does "anti-creationism" mean to you?

        Interesting handle,  by the way.

        --
        I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
        -- Albert Einstein
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 2, 2006
          On 2 Nov 2006 at 18:54, queefymcjuice wrote:

          > im doing a speech on anti-creationism and im wondering if i
          > can get some info on the basics of anti-creationism

          Well, for starters, you might try mentioning that creation
          science is an oxymoron. They have no scientific theory at all,
          just mendacious critiques of science.

          Of course there are different degrees of creationism. There are
          those who claim that Genesis 1-11 is a literal history and
          infallible. Of course THAT theory fails every scientific test
          that you put it to. Then there are those who accept a more or
          less symbolic approach to interpreting Genesis 1-11 but who
          still, for some reason reject some or all of the science of
          evolution. Finally, there are those who are in agreement with
          the science of evolution but who, accepting the basic creationism
          of the ancient creeds, feel that evolution is one of God's better
          inventions.

          --

          Dave Oldridge
          ICQ 1800667
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 4, 2006
            In a message dated 11/2/2006 1:09:54 PM Central Standard Time, darylsal8@... writes:
            im doing a speech on anti-creationism and im wondering if i can get
            some info on the basics of anti-creationism
            ************
            Pi:
            It appears you may merely be a "drive by".  I hope not....

            Most who accept evolution are not "anti-creationists".  Multiple polls demonstrate that some 80% of those who accept evolution also believe evolution to be a creative process used by God.

            It would be more useful, and easier to do your speech on "anti-evolution" or, more correctly, the "anti-science" attitude of many (if not most) who describe themselves as creationists.
          • zaphodbeadlebrox
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 12, 2006
              --- In anti-CED@yahoogroups.com, "queefymcjuice" <darylsal8@...> wrote:

              > im doing a speech on anti-creationism and im wondering if i can get
              > some info on the basics of anti-creationism

              Basically, you take creationism as it stands and then your stand as an
              anti-creationist is to take the opposite stand. Like the creation
              science people think they have scientists but really their scientists
              are basically juicy mc queefs and not scientists at all. Basically,
              the basics of anti-creationism is to stand against creationism as it
              basically stands today. That's basically it. I'd just cut and paste
              what I wrote up there and put it in your paper and basically you
              should get a D on it. Which possibly is an improvement from the last
              grade you may have gotten.

              jb
            • chloisinthefield
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 14, 2006
                Basically BASIC is an outdated computer programming language...I
                think.

                Oh, what's that? We're not talking computer programming languages?
                Sorry to basically confuse the issue. That seems to basically happen
                a lot when I basically talk to creationists. Only anti-creationists
                can basically understand what is really happening.

                Basically yours,
                Chlois

                --- In anti-CED@yahoogroups.com, "zaphodbeadlebrox" <jdbeadle@...>