Spencer James

  • chloisinthefield
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 4, 2006
      John Distazo or Seekthethee?
    • John Distazo
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 4, 2006
        On 8/4/06, chloisinthefield <chlobebe@...> wrote:
        John Distazo or Seekthethee?

        What's your question, Chlois?

        --
        He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.
        -- Albert Einstein
      • Zaphod Beadlebrox
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 4, 2006
          --- In anti-CED@yahoogroups.com, "chloisinthefield" <chlobebe@...>
          wrote:

          > John Distazo or Seekthethee?

          I've talked with Spencer James since Y2K. Spencer is Spencer.
        • Zaphod Beadlebrox
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 4, 2006
            --- In anti-CED@yahoogroups.com, "John Distazo" <John.Distazo@...>
            wrote:

            > On 8/4/06, chloisinthefield <chlobebe@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > John Distazo or Seekthethee?
            >

            > What's your question, Chlois?

            Isn't it obvious to you? Did you hit your head recently?
          • John Distazo
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 5, 2006
              wrote:

              > On 8/4/06, chloisinthefield <chlobebe@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > John Distazo or Seekthethee?
              >

              > What's your question, Chlois?

              Isn't it obvious to you?  Did you hit your head recently?

              John:
              Yes, it was obvious, but I couldn't believe Chlois was really asking it. I could see if she thought YOU were SJ, Zaph, but not me.  Maybe it would have been better if I'd ever talked to Spencer over the phone, so at least three of us could claim doing so. I know Mike Alexander has, but he's not around much anymore.

              --
              He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.
              -- Albert Einstein
            • seekeththee
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 5, 2006
                --- In anti-CED@yahoogroups.com, "chloisinthefield" <chlobebe@...> wrote:

                > John Distazo or Seekthethee?

                I joined Yahoo Groups in March of 2000. That is the only Yahoo
                account I have ever had. I have never posted anything under any ID
                other than "seekeththee"

                If you ask me, that is a decptive practice for the creationists. I
                don't see a point to fighting fire with fire, such as multiple logons
                and multiple spams with creationists, as their "fire" is irrational
                and illogical.

                Truman
              • chloisinthefield
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 6, 2006
                  --- In anti-CED@yahoogroups.com, "seekeththee" <seekeththee@...> wrote:

                  > --- In anti-CED@yahoogroups.com, "chloisinthefield" <chlobebe@>
                  wrote:

                  > > John Distazo or Seekthethee?
                  >

                  > I joined Yahoo Groups in March of 2000. That is the only Yahoo
                  > account I have ever had. I have never posted anything under any ID
                  > other than "seekeththee"
                  >
                  > If you ask me, that is a decptive practice for the creationists. I
                  > don't see a point to fighting fire with fire, such as multiple logons
                  > and multiple spams with creationists, as their "fire" is irrational
                  > and illogical.
                  >
                  > Truman

                  The multiple IDs is not restricted to just creationist "abuse". It is
                  done by evolutionists as well, especially those who have been in
                  online debate groups for years and create alter-identities, for
                  example pretending to be a creationist when they are not, and so on,
                  in the spirit of the "game".
                  Cliques will develop online (in case you didn't know) especially
                  amongst the lower level IT geeky type of guys. A banding together if
                  you will when they want to assert power or control over the "enemy".
                  Like a MUD game it's all part of their fantasy role playing world.

                  To each his own, I say. The problem Truman is when they cross the line
                  unethically, not by content, but by using what they consider their
                  omnipotent IT power and find ways to circumvent and compromise
                  people's personal accounts and then BRAG about it online to their
                  little clique of male friends. I believe one of the crude analogies
                  they use is along the lines of a "dick check". Similar to when high
                  school boys check each other out in the gym locker room to see who has
                  the larger penis. Of course, the one with the smaller penis gets
                  nailed on. These boys are not above abusing females as well with their
                  insecurities about their manhood.

                  So I generally try to avoid those types online. Unfortunately they run
                  rampant in this unregulated frontier called the Internet, wherein they
                  see how much they can get away with and get around TOS or Program
                  Policy etc.

                  Things are not always so black-and-white Truman. That is how the
                  creationist sees things.

                  Chlois
                • Zaphod Beadlebrox
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 6, 2006
                    wrote:

                    > --- In anti-CED@yahoogroups.com, "chloisinthefield" <chlobebe@>
                    wrote:

                    > > John Distazo or Seekthethee?
                    >

                    > I joined Yahoo Groups in March of 2000. That is the only Yahoo
                    > account I have ever had. I have never posted anything under any ID
                    > other than "seekeththee"
                    >
                    > If you ask me, that is a decptive practice for the creationists. I
                    > don't see a point to fighting fire with fire, such as multiple
                    logons
                    > and multiple spams with creationists, as their "fire" is irrational
                    > and illogical.
                    >
                    > Truman

                    I only do it because I'm totally irrational and illogical. I
                    contradict my own self. I'm have much more integrity in person than
                    in listworld where I screw around a lot. If I were on Big Brother
                    I'd be like that evil Dr. Will. No one would see my *real* side.
                    I'm a pretty up front straight shooting person in the real life -
                    once you get use to my odd humor and sarcasm.

                    jb
                  • Zaphod Beadlebrox
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 6, 2006
                      wrote:

                      > --- In anti-CED@yahoogroups.com, "seekeththee" <seekeththee@>
                      wrote:

                      > > --- In anti-CED@yahoogroups.com, "chloisinthefield" <chlobebe@>
                      > wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > John Distazo or Seekthethee?
                      > >

                      > > I joined Yahoo Groups in March of 2000. That is the only Yahoo
                      > > account I have ever had. I have never posted anything under any
                      ID
                      > > other than "seekeththee"
                      > >
                      > > If you ask me, that is a decptive practice for the creationists.
                      > > don't see a point to fighting fire with fire, such as multiple
                      logons
                      > > and multiple spams with creationists, as their "fire" is
                      irrational
                      > > and illogical.
                      > >
                      > > Truman
                      > >

                      > The multiple IDs is not restricted to just creationist "abuse". It
                      is
                      > done by evolutionists as well, especially those who have been in
                      > online debate groups for years and create alter-identities, for
                      > example pretending to be a creationist when they are not, and so
                      on,
                      > in the spirit of the "game".

                      I did pose in 2000 as a creationist at evo sites and an evo at
                      creation sites. Mostly because I didn't really like the characters
                      at either sites and I wanted to mind screw with them all. I also
                      wanted to see how they treated their opponents as everyone is nice
                      to the ass kissers. I had Lenny Flank and company and served as
                      their fresh meat on one side and Stephen E. Jones and his group of
                      lackies on the other. Hated them all pretty much. BUT I found
                      Jones stayed "pleasant" but dishonest and his links or replies left
                      me shaking my head whereas Lenny was a complete asshole but his
                      links and answers checked out. I did the trips to the library and
                      read up on alleles and the biology aspects of evolution and couldn't
                      find anything on creation science - just creation propoganda. When
                      I let both sides know my *real* position - believe in God but think
                      the evolution explanations make more sense than the poof god dunnits
                      I found myself going more and more on the attack on the Jones's and
                      Appletons' but I don't like being on the attack even though it seems
                      like I do enjoy it. So I started Chicken_Talk to make nice with the
                      fundies - with limited success. Although me and Appleton "get
                      along" in a way and not too many people fundies or not get along
                      with Appleton.

                      I know a lot of people really hate trolls but you can't trust anyone
                      really in this environment and you may as well assume everyone is a
                      bit of troll in listland. That's how I feel. I don't really give a
                      rip about the impression I make on people in listland or the real
                      world. I am myself. Take it or leave it. That's how I feel. I'll
                      kiss ass when needed but not very often. If I'm being nice it is
                      probably genuine.

                      jb
                    • chloisinthefield
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 6, 2006
                        --- In anti-CED@yahoogroups.com, "Zaphod Beadlebrox" <jdbeadle@...>
                        wrote:

                        > I did pose in 2000 as a creationist at evo sites and an evo at
                        > creation sites.

                        Actually, looking at this "game" a little deeper by taking the tack
                        of creating a pseudo ID and posing on the opposite side really lends
                        itself to an open mind.

                        Die-hard Creationists show that their mind is made up before they get
                        to the table of discussion. It's been countered by them that
                        evolutionists also fit that same mould. However, I think it's rarer
                        to see a known Creationist create an alter-identity of an
                        evolutionist to argue the point from the opposition. (Has anyone been
                        ever able to prove that Laurie Appleton, longtime creationist, has
                        created alter egos to debate online? We all know he is very content
                        with his regurgiquotes)

                        I think it is to many evolutionists credit to be able to perform such
                        a stunt...if they pull it off effectively.

                        Chlois
                      • seekeththee
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 6, 2006
                          --- In anti-CED@yahoogroups.com, "Zaphod Beadlebrox" <jdbeadle@...> wrote:

                          > --- In anti-CED@yahoogroups.com, "seekeththee" <seekeththee@>
                          > wrote:
                          > >
                          > > --- In anti-CED@yahoogroups.com, "chloisinthefield" <chlobebe@>
                          > wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > John Distazo or Seekthethee?
                          > >

                          > > I joined Yahoo Groups in March of 2000. That is the only Yahoo
                          > > account I have ever had. I have never posted anything under any ID
                          > > other than "seekeththee"
                          > >
                          > > If you ask me, that is a decptive practice for the creationists. I
                          > > don't see a point to fighting fire with fire, such as multiple
                          > logons
                          > > and multiple spams with creationists, as their "fire" is irrational
                          > > and illogical.
                          > >
                          > > Truman
                          > >

                          > I only do it because I'm totally irrational and illogical. I
                          > contradict my own self. I'm have much more integrity in person than
                          > in listworld where I screw around a lot.

                          I think anybody that reads all of what you post, can tell that you
                          have integrity. From what I can tell, if somebody wants to reach the
                          real you, they can do that.

                          I had considered creating a new ID to rejoin creationist groups that
                          kicked me out. I suppose my decision not to do it was based more on
                          that I did not want to expend the effort trying to maintain a dual
                          identity.

                          > If I were on Big Brother
                          > I'd be like that evil Dr. Will. No one would see my *real* side.
                          > I'm a pretty up front straight shooting person in the real life -
                          > once you get use to my odd humor and sarcasm.

                          I understand. Many times I will read some of my posts in the archives
                          and wonder what state of mind I was in when I wrote them. My friends
                          in real life think I am too serious and have a dry sense of humor.
                          Unfortunately a dry sense of humor seems hard to percieve. Ironically,
                          when somebody uses this type of humor on me, I usually don't get it.

                          Truman
                        • Zaphod Beadlebrox
                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 7, 2006
                            wrote:
                            > I think anybody that reads all of what you post, can tell that you
                            > have integrity. From what I can tell, if somebody wants to reach
                            the
                            > real you, they can do that.

                            I really appreciate that Truman. I'd like to have I have integrity
                            although I certainly get bent out of shape on more than one
                            occassion. And you are right - if you really ask for my true
                            opinion you normally will get it. That was a pretty nice thing to
                            say.

                            > I had considered creating a new ID to rejoin creationist groups
                            that
                            > kicked me out. I suppose my decision not to do it was based more
                            on
                            > that I did not want to expend the effort trying to maintain a dual
                            > identity.

                            It really is a waste of time and effort I've found. At debunking I
                            did the ole replace an L with a 1 trick so I could act like I was
                            Spidermanc2001 (using 200l). It fooled Laurie for a bit. Spidey
                            just attributed it to being Bakke. I thought I was pretty
                            transparent and it was just me trying to annoy the annoying.
                            Another waste of effort most of the time. I figure if you can't
                            really talk with a person why bother but then the way Spidey was
                            spamming 100's of emails - it just grated on me so I just spammed
                            back. Every time I do something like that it isn't real effective
                            and just sinks me down a level. Still I get sucked in over and over
                            again!

                            JB Before:
                            > > If I were on Big Brother
                            > > I'd be like that evil Dr. Will. No one would see my *real*
                            side.
                            > > I'm a pretty up front straight shooting person in the real life -

                            > > once you get use to my odd humor and sarcasm.

                            Truman:
                            > I understand. Many times I will read some of my posts in the
                            archives
                            > and wonder what state of mind I was in when I wrote them. My
                            friends
                            > in real life think I am too serious and have a dry sense of humor.
                            > Unfortunately a dry sense of humor seems hard to percieve.
                            Ironically,
                            > when somebody uses this type of humor on me, I usually don't get
                            it.

                            JB:
                            Exactly! I'm the worst when someone is being sarcastic or droll or
                            pulling my leg even though I'm doing that all the time. You think
                            I'd have a better feel for it but it seems the opposite. Then you
                            really feel stupid when you're called on it!

                            jb