Re: [anthroposophy] Christine - The Prophet's Cat

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2003
      Christine wrote:
      > I just knew there had to be something redeeming about Mohammed!!!
      Any man who
      > loves cats can't be all bad!!! : ) LOL

      Dear Christine,

      I wonder if there is not a Woman's Club in your area? The one I
      direct is 99 years old this year and there were very few members
      before I took charge. Now we have something like 75 new members and
      the legacy is continuing on.

      The reason I ask is because what we do or how we keep ourselves going
      is that we rent out our facility. Many of the women's clubs had their
      own buildings and were able to use the rental as an income. Which
      leads me to my next point: Teaching.

      I like to nurture ideas that wish to be born through the artists that
      walk through our door. We have this one Russian woman who is an
      amazing painter and she is holding a class with children and one for
      adults. She starts out with a meditation to be able to paint from the
      heart/spirit or whathaveyou. I am charging her a donation only as I
      love what she does. Reading your so beautiful spirit filled poems and
      seeing you with the children in art classes I bet there are parents
      who would love to have their children enrolled in some of the art
      teachings you have learned through your Steiner experience.

      Just a thought. I love what you bring here on this list and in your
      life and I am jealous for it to be shared with the children in a way
      that you can also make money doing what you love and long to do. And
      the paintings you shared with the list, which by the way I can not
      find on list, would be amazing pieces that would inspire parents to
      enroll their children in your afterschool or weekend camp. Also, if
      there are no woman's clubs around your area you might check the
      Masons buildings as they also have many rooms and mostly little
      income.

      Love,
      Dottie

      p.s. thank you for that wonderful poem.