Divine Darkness

  • golden3000997@cs.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2003
      Hello Joel and Everybody!

      Thank you Joel, for taking the time to answer me at length regarding some of
      the "forces of darkness" in the world today.

      The following just jumped out at me and really got me excited. You wrote:

      >While Ahriman can be seen as the Prince of this World, that role is set
      within easily perceivable limits (the Divine Mother's realm is at the
      root of the World, on the other side of the Eight inner spheres of the
      Earth, where she manages and limits what the faux dark can do, from Her
      position as Mistress of the True Dark (the Dark that came before Fiat
      Lux - before "let there be Light").

      Thus the world is enfolded from below (the Mother) and from above (the
      Christ). Now clearly on this list the Mother is manifesting, for Her
      time to return is also coming near (I would say it has actually
      happened, but that we need to first see Christ's Return, before we can
      readily experience the Mother).

      This is so wonderful to me - that the "Darkness" is not populated by "Evil"
      alone, but there waiting for us is the Divine Mother. The Darkness that was
      BEFORE the light. The true Matrix, the Womb of the World. I am thinking about how
      terrified the Patriarchy has been of the Divine Feminine and how it has
      sought to denounce, denigrate and deny Her in myriad ways. I am thinking of the
      "Whore of Babylon" as the corruption of the Divine Feminine. True, the "Whore of
      Babylon" represents ancient mysteries that really have become decadent and
      must be replaced by the Divine Son/Sun of Christ. But there has been much in the
      Judeo-Christian stream that has only reviled Her and abused Her, rather than
      lifting Her up into the Light. She has been made the object of fear and
      loathing due to a willful ignorance on the part of Church Powers. Because they know
      that She can't be controlled. The Power of the Divine Feminine is in its
      Formlessness, in a certain sense. In order to give Birth or Re-Birth, there is
      always a point of dissolution, like in the Chrysalis or in the Platonic Solids clay
      formation (or any other metamorphosis). There is a point where one form
      crosses over to another form and both forms are no longer perceptible. The sperm
      links with the egg and (in the textbook type descriptions that I have learned
      from) a zygote is formed that is truly formless. Nothing of what that new
      creation will become can be perceived. Even the original structure of the sperm and
      egg cells disappear entirely. But there is not "nothing" there - there is
      something - the Original Darkness - the Matrix of Divine Darkness from which the
      New arises! Even the Light itself is Born from this Darkness!

      Oh, this is so comforting to me! That She is there in the Darkness. That She
      receives us there and allows us to come to birth within Her. Truly, She IS the
      Comforter of mankind!

      It occurs to me, too that something new is coming to being within the Male
      element of humanity - that You who are Male are becoming willing and able to
      embrace the Divine Feminine in a way that has been denied in the course of
      history for so long. It seems like there have been decades in which many men have
      been individually struggling to "get in touch with their Feminine side." It
      hasn't been an easy process, I think. Many men have experienced frustration,
      anxiety, depression and an estrangement from women as a whole. Individual male/
      female relationships have been lost in the process because of the lack of defined
      social/ cultural roles. Men are trying to find the Female within themselves
      and Women are trying to find the Male within themselves rather than only a
      reflection found in their projection on the Other. The hope is that as men and
      women grow more unified within themselves, they will re-gain a sense of security
      that will allow them to re-connect with each other in entirely new ways. To
      enjoy and celebrate the Male and Female of each other while not limiting
      themselves or their partners to stereotypical roles.

      I am thinking of Don Quixote and his Dulcinea. I am thinking of Dante and his
      Beatrice. I am thinking of the Pieta of Michaelangelo where the Divine Mother
      holds all that is Male on her knees and mourns His Death while accompanying
      Him on his journey through the Darkness. I am thinking of Mary Magdalene and
      the Mystery of Love that surpasses all Male/ Female stereotypes and
      preconceptions. I am thinking of Ahriman turning around and kneeling in front of the
      Divine Mother and laying his head in her lap and weeping. I am thinking of the
      Divine Mother laying her hand on his head and singing to him songs of healing.

      There is a song on Paul Winter's album "Common Ground" written and sung by
      SUSAN OSBORN. The words go:

      Oh, Lay down your burden
      Oh, Lay it all down
      Pass the glass between you
      Drink it up.

      Place the light before you
      Come through the door
      The Dragon doesn't live here anymore

      Sing with the choirs that surround you
      And dance to the music in your soul
      Looking through the eyes that really see you
      Place all that you have into that bowl