VW

  • Steve Haag
    Message 1 of 53 , Dec 1, 2004
      Mike,

      Sounds like some good ol days in the making. I'm glad your friend
      came out OK after getting pulled into the tire. Close one. Life is
      fun not knowing too much but enough to make it interesting.

      Steve

      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Helsher"
      <mhelsher@m...> wrote:
      > When I was in my teens, my friends and I had one that was
      converted into a
      > dune buggy. It had these back tires on it that were about two feet
      wide
      > (racing slicks). The starter motor was broken, so a bunch of us
      would just
      > push it and pop the clutch to get it going. One time one of my
      friends
      > decided to push from the side, in front of one of those big tires.
      When the
      > thing started it learched forward; the big tire caught my friends
      foot and
      > and sucked him in. I have this snapshot memory in my mind of that
      huge tire
      > rolling over his whole body. He got right up though, without a
      scratch.

      > We didn't really understand the idea of a clutch then, so when it
      finally
      > smoked and burned, we decided to change out the 40hp motor with a
      60hp that
      > someone had somehow acquired. Great idea but a bunch of irate 16
      year olds
      > we were. I remember being appointed the task of changing the motor,
      and
      > somehow I did it all by my self. I mean I actually picked it up and
      stuck it
      > on the back of the thing by myself.
      >
      > And wow what a difference in power that 20 horses made...
      >
      > Mike

    • Valerie Walsh
      Message 53 of 53 , Jul 25, 2006
        Thinking I'm just going to take some time off and do some
        gardening this afternoon-I've been neglecting the yard this
        summer-so lots of weeds. The world is such a mess but you
        know what they say-think globally-act locally-seems like a good
        place to start is my own house. I think the world is in pretty good
        hands. Like Uncle Albert said, "God doesn't play dice with the
        Universe." Makes sense to me-I always figured Him for a chess
        man, myself. -Val