Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Book Five of Refutations

  • Jo Ann Schwartz
    Message 1 of 29 , Nov 29, 2004
      --- dottie zold wrote:

      > See, I so do not like these new revised translations.
      > They are dumbing the Bible down even further to the
      > point that one day there will be no God and all man.
      > And interestingly enough is the idea that they are
      > 'revising' why the hell are they revising anything?
      > Why why why? Didn't we already understand it the first
      > time? Didn't we already translate it from Greek or
      > whatever other language? Why do we need to rerevise
      > again? And there is nothing new just coverings of a
      > thing.

      Hi DOttie!

      Well, sometimes old translations are inaccurate. For example, there's that
      verse in Exodus which proclaims, "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."
      (Gulp!!) Only, if you look at the ancient Hebrew, it turns out that a more
      accurate translation is, "Thou shalt not suffer a *poisoner* to live." As more
      and more folks here in the U.S. of A. declare that they believe the Bible to be
      the literal Word of God, I'd like them to have an accurate translation in hand,
      eh? Purely selfish on my part, but there you are....

      Musing on the fate of the poor hedgewitch....
      JoAnn