Re: bhisti bits/Fatima

  • gaelman58
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2004
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Hale"
      <sardisian01@y...> wrote:

      > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58"

      > > close
      > > be.

      > sexist,
      > or,
      > > as

      > > > disapintment
      > > > thim

      > > the "egregious
      > > That's
      > > came
      > > expose

      > > > Since you may be the only one here worthy of this question and
      > its
      > > > answer, I'll ask it: Did the Miracle of Our Lady of Fatima
      > really
      > > > occur, and what does it mean?
      > > >
      > > > Steve
      > >
      > > Steve lad, I certainly am not "the only one worthy of this
      > question"
      > > because (to my real knowledge) I am not morally superior to
      anyone
      > > on this list...that would be basic Cathlicism.
      > > But I really like the question because it sort of "cuts to the
      > > chase".
      > > First know that no Catholic is required to believe anything
      about
      > > Fatima...it's up to you no matter what any uninformed Catholic
      > tells
      > > you...including those who pop off on this list.
      > > No Catholic that I know of thinks about those things much except
      > > certain older couple who are under the impression that they have
      > > some kind of teaching mandate issuing directly from the
      > > Vatican...rather like Stinerists.
      > > Here's my take: I don't have sure knowledge but the reputed
      > > messages didn't seem particularly substantive to me...one
      > > caveat...the Soviet Union disintegrated rather suddenly and the
      > > scholars are having considerable trouble really explaining
      > that...I
      > > bring to mind the admonition(?), "pray for the conversion of
      > Russia".
      > > The "signs" seen by the multitude: Years ago I was part of a
      > group
      > > listening to the Sufi master, Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan...Jesus,
      > what
      > > a good man! He taught us a certain method of looking into the
      Sun
      > > safely...one risks physical damage if you fool with that stuff
      on
      > > your own...over the years now and again I would do it...voila,
      the
      > > Sun danced all over the sky...so I drew a conclusion about
      > > the "signs".
      >
      > This is from the July 13th, 1917 testimony of the Lady of the
      Rosary:
      > "The war is going to end, but if people do not stop offending God
      > another and worse one will begin during the reign of Pius XI
      [note:
      > he died in 1939]. When you see a night illuminated by an unknown
      > light know that this is the great sign that God is giving you that
      > he is going to punish the world for its crimes by means of
      > war,famine, and persecution of the Church and of the Holy Father.
      > To prevent this I shall come to ask for the consecration of
      > Russia...If they heed my requests, Russia will be converted and
      > there will be peace. If not, she will spread her errors
      throughout
      > the world."
      >
      > With this, the children were shown a vision of hell that terrified
      > them; a hill strewn with bodies piled high upon, emaciated
      > skeletons, bones and skulls.
      >
      > In 1952, a major motion picture was produced in the U.S. entitled:
      > The Miracle of Our Lady of Fatima. In this film the July 13th
      > appearance of the Lady to the children is depicted with the
      > following revision to the above words:
      > "In Russia there is an evil scheme to destroy the earth, but if
      she
      > converts to the church of the Holy Mother than peace will be
      > realized."
      >
      > Now have you ever heard such blasphemy? Misrepresenting the
      > original words of the Divine Sophia in order to aid and abet the
      red
      > scare of godless communism. What about the Holocaust? You know,
      of
      > course, that Pius XII was Pope until 1958. And John XXIII said in
      > 1960 that the time had not yet come for the secrets of Fatima to
      be
      > revealed.
      >
      > In May of 2000, after 83 years of waiting for the real truth of
      > Fatima to be revealed, the vatican announced that the children had
      > probably seen the horrific prophecy of the attempted assassination
      > of John Paul II in 1981.
      >
      > And that was that. Done deal; end of story. Yeah, right!
      >
      > Steve

      Steve: I must admit in finding what you write about
      interesting...that goes back to the Moltke stuff...eccentric and
      interesting...I don't understand how anyone could know all of that
      business about Fatima unless they were some kind of initiate...don't
      see how the motion picture industry has any bearing on anything of
      importance...John Paul II is involved in some kind of skullduggery,
      is that it?
      Harry Truman had no soul...Jung and Kant are idiots...interesting,
      but only that...but the fellow who "conceives" of such things...he's
      interesting.