Re: Good Cheer to Petri Dishers - holy books and mindholes

  • Steve Haag
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 22, 2004
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Jo Selsjord <jo@s...>
      wrote:
      > I generally prefer that other people's beliefs, sacred/holy books
      and 'prophets' etc. are treated with a certain degree of respect - if
      not reverence;

      Jo,

      Probably a good approach. Better than my whining at all that gets
      irritated me in it. Whining is plea for help. Not very mature.

      > spirit world seems to be regarded as something... foreign, ominous
      force or domain spreading confusion in our lives.

      Yes, this is my concern. Holy writings introducing mixed messages,
      guilt, shame, fear as well as seeing others as less worthy, justified
      in attacking. And this is supposed to be representing the most high
      god. Doesn't feel right. So I wonder what gives.

      Yes, I don't think they are very well "promoting remedy for confusion
      to be found within ourselves". They ask for allegiance, belief,
      surrender, love your neighbor as yourself, unless he's found to be an
      abomination...

      > 'hole' would be 'holy' -> holy mind -> hole in the mind

      Yes, I think you're right. How to find missing parts for full grok of
      holy mind. Are holy books doing this well?

      > don't know from whence my good cheer comes..

      I'm not sure where anything comes from. Stuff just comes, and we are
      left trying to make sense of it. I'm still trying to make sense of
      the sources of religious inspiration.

      Thanks for bearing with.

      Steve