Elisha &Elijah

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 15, 2004
      Hey Everyone,

      In my new book I have found a reference to the Elisha Elijah mystery.
      I think this is where possibly Da Vinci comes in with his painting
      the figure of John as possibly more prominent if you read into the
      controversy surrounding his paintings: Elijah is John the Baptist and
      Elisha, who had asked for a double portion of Elijah, is Jesus. Whoa.
      If there was any works that DaVinci would have read that led to this
      understanding I believe it would be the Refutations by Hippolytus.
      And it is pretty distinct it seems so far that this is where this
      stream of thought comes from. And this stream of the Gnostics seems
      to have used the Book of Thomas as its guide as far as I am reading.

      I am wondering if anyone has ever heard the Doctor speak on this idea
      of Elisha and Elijah. I have not that I can recall and I am not sure
      what really to think on this and am wondering if anyone has any
      thoughts pertaining to these two in that understanding. Maybe Kim hit
      on this a while back when speaking of a sister soul of sorts between
      John the Baptist and Jesus.

      My best,
    • gaelman58
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 16, 2004
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "dottie zold"
        <dottie_z@y...> wrote:

        > Hey Everyone,
        >
        > In my new book I have found a reference to the Elisha Elijah
        mystery.
        > I think this is where possibly Da Vinci comes in with his painting
        > the figure of John as possibly more prominent if you read into the
        > controversy surrounding his paintings: Elijah is John the Baptist
        and
        > Elisha, who had asked for a double portion of Elijah, is Jesus.
        Whoa.
        > If there was any works that DaVinci would have read that led to
        this
        > understanding I believe it would be the Refutations by Hippolytus.
        > And it is pretty distinct it seems so far that this is where this
        > stream of thought comes from. And this stream of the Gnostics
        seems
        > to have used the Book of Thomas as its guide as far as I am
        reading.

        > I am wondering if anyone has ever heard the Doctor speak on this
        idea
        > of Elisha and Elijah. I have not that I can recall and I am not
        sure
        > what really to think on this and am wondering if anyone has any
        > thoughts pertaining to these two in that understanding. Maybe Kim
        hit
        > on this a while back when speaking of a sister soul of sorts
        between
        > John the Baptist and Jesus.
        >
        > My best,

        St. John (Yeah, really St.John himself)Chap 1, verse 21
      • adm_anthroposophia
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 21 11:14 AM
          Hey Dottie,
          Don't know if this discussion is still alive but I remembered this
          message from you when I was reading the autobiography of a yogi by
          Yogananda. He explicitely stated that he was really convinced that
          the Guru-disciple relation between Elijah and Elisha was re-played in
          the John and Jesus act. Yogananda said that the transferring of a
          double portion of Elijah's mantle to Elisha reversed the roles
          between the two. The baptizing of jesus by john was a last karmic act
          of the old order between the two. After the baptizing, the Elijah
          spirit became disciple of Jesus.
          Thought you'd like to know.
          Kind regards!

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 26 11:18 AM
            Hey Kind Regards,

            Thanks for the recognition below. I get no respect around here:) but
            that's all good I tell you:) Seriously. There is so much to flesh out
            isn't there? But these relationships between Jesus and John the
            Baptist, Lazarus and the Magdalene are primary for me. They have one
            to do with the other and I watch it slowly unfold. Funny how I read
            the autobiography of a Yogi about three years or so and of course
            what you share below would not have registered. But I guess it is
            like Dr. Steiner says where things start to add up and we don't
            recall exactly what and where a thing began but it is all leading us
            to a thing. In my case it is leading to unearthing the Sophia in
            Anthroposophy:)...God, it is so funny that I can recall saying on the
            Ark 'guys, Dr. Steiner's group is named after this gal, why is it so
            surprising that I would find the feminine in his work?' I mean it was
            so shocking to realize Dr. Steiner named his group after Her and
            nobody was seeing it. Whew.

            All good things,
            Dottie

            p.s. I can't recall if you have ever shared your name? If not or if
            so can you do it again. Are you a part of your local group meetings?
            If so where are they? If not, will you consider getting to the
            meetings if you are a member? I am the one on the 'get all the seats
            filled' tack. :)

            ??

            > Hey Dottie,
            > Don't know if this discussion is still alive but I remembered this
            > message from you when I was reading the autobiography of a yogi by
            > Yogananda. He explicitely stated that he was really convinced that
            > the Guru-disciple relation between Elijah and Elisha was re-played
            in
            > the John and Jesus act. Yogananda said that the transferring of a
            > double portion of Elijah's mantle to Elisha reversed the roles
            > between the two. The baptizing of jesus by john was a last karmic
            act
            > of the old order between the two. After the baptizing, the Elijah
            > spirit became disciple of Jesus.
            > Thought you'd like to know.
            > Kind regards!
          • yogidahl2000
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 27 8:38 AM
              Hi Sophia and Dottie!
              Well,with all due respect for Paramahansa Yogananda
              (and I don't think I need to say that !)
              I think he got it wrong here,at least the way I read him,he
              explicitly states,that Elisha was a former incarnation of Jesus
              Christ- If we translate this to Anthro Tongue,we have: Elisha was
              the reincarnated Zarathustra,this would mean that Zarathustra had
              incarnated at least 3 times within a 1000 years,which of course is
              possible – But I don't recall Dr.Steiner ever pointed to Elisha as
              being Zarathustra,one would think Steiner had revealed this in his
              Gospel Lectures – I just checked the search machine of the Steiner
              Archive,there were no matches found for "Elisha"
              So,well,I'm sorry to be such a Party Stopper here,but ya know
              all good things must come to an end (and evil things too,like this
              BTK they just caught,what a Creep)
              Vibes,
              Flemming

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 28 8:52 PM
                Fleming:
                > Well,with all due respect for Paramahansa Yogananda
                > (and I don't think I need to say that !)
                > I think he got it wrong here,at least the way I read him,he
                > explicitly states,that Elisha was a former incarnation of Jesus
                > Christ-

                Hey Fleming and Sophia,

                Can either one of you please let me know on what page this can be
                found? Or at least what chapter.

                Fleming:
                If we translate this to Anthro Tongue,we have: Elisha was
                > the reincarnated Zarathustra,this would mean that Zarathustra had
                > incarnated at least 3 times within a 1000 years,which of course is
                > possible –But I don't recall Dr.Steiner ever pointed to Elisha as
                > being Zarathustra,one would think Steiner had revealed this in his
                > Gospel Lectures –

                Well, I have it that Elisha is the feminine aspect, maybe Kims calls
                this the Sister Soul of Jesus. So for me, if it would be true, and I
                do not know this, I would have to remind all that Dr. Steiner did
                not 'out' the feminine mysteries' rather he spoke 'around' them. So
                to me that would not be a good enough reason to discount this, not
                saying you are specifically, due to that specific point in relations
                to how I view this as a 'feminine' mystery.

                Fleming:
                I just checked the search machine of the Steiner
                > Archive,there were no matches found for "Elisha"
                > So,well,I'm sorry to be such a Party Stopper here,but ya know
                > all good things must come to an end (and evil things too,like this
                > BTK they just caught,what a Creep)

                No party pooping going on at all Fleming, rather some good thinking
                in lookin at where you just brought the Elisha and Zarathusthra
                stream together. Kind of like bringing the Christian Rosenkruz and
                the Magdalene stream together. Very interesting this story as the
                very last name of this human is Rose Cross. And preytell I say who in
                the hell do the roses sing for? :)))) Mary anyone?

                Best,
                Dottie
              • adm_anthroposophia
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 1, 2005
                  Yep :-)

                  It are the first 3 pages of chapter 35.

                  <dottie_z@y...> wrote:

                  > Fleming:
                  > > Well,with all due respect for Paramahansa Yogananda
                  > > (and I don't think I need to say that !)
                  > > I think he got it wrong here,at least the way I read him,he
                  > > explicitly states,that Elisha was a former incarnation of Jesus
                  > > Christ-
                  >
                  > Hey Fleming and Sophia,
                  >
                  > Can either one of you please let me know on what page this can be
                  > found? Or at least what chapter.
                  >
                  > Fleming:
                  > If we translate this to Anthro Tongue,we have: Elisha was
                  > > the reincarnated Zarathustra,this would mean that Zarathustra had
                  > > incarnated at least 3 times within a 1000 years,which of course
                  is
                  > > possible –But I don't recall Dr.Steiner ever pointed to Elisha as
                  > > being Zarathustra,one would think Steiner had revealed this in
                  his
                  > > Gospel Lectures –
                  >
                  > Well, I have it that Elisha is the feminine aspect, maybe Kims
                  calls
                  > this the Sister Soul of Jesus. So for me, if it would be true, and
                  > do not know this, I would have to remind all that Dr. Steiner did
                  > not 'out' the feminine mysteries' rather he spoke 'around' them. So
                  > to me that would not be a good enough reason to discount this, not
                  > saying you are specifically, due to that specific point in
                  relations
                  > to how I view this as a 'feminine' mystery.
                  >
                  > Fleming:
                  > I just checked the search machine of the Steiner
                  > > Archive,there were no matches found for "Elisha"
                  > > So,well,I'm sorry to be such a Party Stopper here,but ya know
                  > > all good things must come to an end (and evil things too,like
                  this
                  > > BTK they just caught,what a Creep)
                  >
                  > No party pooping going on at all Fleming, rather some good thinking
                  > in lookin at where you just brought the Elisha and Zarathusthra
                  > stream together. Kind of like bringing the Christian Rosenkruz and
                  > the Magdalene stream together. Very interesting this story as the
                  > very last name of this human is Rose Cross. And preytell I say who
                  in
                  > the hell do the roses sing for? :)))) Mary anyone?
                  >
                  > Best,
                  > Dottie
                • yogidahl2000
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 1, 2005
                    Hi Dottie!
                    I'm not sure if I understand you the right way
                    Are you saying that the hero always goes/comes with the heroine?
                    Like the hindu tradition: The gods,say Vishnu or Brahma are very
                    often depicted alone,just the males,but in reality Vishnu is never
                    without Lakshmi (his shakti),Brahma is never without Sarasvati,even
                    when the gods incarnate,Rama is always with Sita,like Krishna always
                    with Radha

                    Is that what you mean by Sister Soul?

                    The question is,if and where Elisha can be found in the gospels?
                    I'm sure you're on to something – I was just trying to exclude his
                    being there at all,seen from the usual,traditional point of view
                    This has to do with my own feeling (I admit it's subjective)- That
                    the same ancient initiate wouldn't incarnate into the hebrew people
                    TWICE- This seems wrong to me,I think the old
                    prophets,Esaiah,Ezekiel,Jonah,Jeremiah,Elisha and others- were
                    reincarnations of each one singular ancient initiate,all streams
                    pouring into the Hebrew people

                    Apart from all this I was crying all the time the other
                    night,watching TV – Once again they failed to give you an Oscar!
                    It doesn't seem Right !
                    Vibes,
                    Flemming

                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 1, 2005
                      Fleming:
                      > Apart from all this I was crying all the time the
                      > other
                      > night,watching TV � Once again they failed to give
                      > you an Oscar!

                      Keep watching.

                      Dottie not kidding Zold

                      http://mail.yahoo.com