Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: The good cop, the bad cop, and the suspect

  • Tarjei Straume
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2003
      At 13:26 06.11.2003, Dag wrote:

      >--- Tarjei Straume <anthrouncle@c...> wrote:
      >

      > > Who is the suspect?
      >
      >Each one of us.

      Not bad at all. Each one of us, however, carries the good cop and the bad
      cop as well. So they're in all each one of us in a sense. The answer I had
      in mind for the anarchosophical riddle is: Christ. There are three of them
      in the interrogation chamber, right? One (the good cop) is Ahriman, the
      other (the bad cop) is Lucifer, so the third one (the suspect) has to be
      Christ. And if we remind ourselves of the scene where Christ stands before
      Pilate in the very role of the suspect, and that he was actually given the
      option of getting off the hook by defending himself against the charges,
      the analogy becomes a little clearer.

      This is something to be kept in mind by anyone involved in a judicial
      process like jury duty. There is an exceøøent article by Michael E.
      Coughlin about this, entitled "The Jury: Defender Or Oppressor"

      http://www.uncletaz.com/liberty/jury.html

      Cheers,

      Tarjei
      http://uncletaz.com/