Re: 21st in Century Retrograde

  • holderlin66
    Message 1 of 68 , Nov 2, 2004
      Granny D. Joel's favorite

      http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/110204J.shtml

      " Tuesday is the first battle in the war for the 21st Century, which
      is the struggle between the human scale of democracy and corrupt
      institutions, public and corporate."

      http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/110204K.shtml

      Paul Krugman NYT. or Chimes

      ..."Conquest and Neglect," the column published April 11, 2003, is
      among the new material that appears in the recently published
      paperback edition of The Great Unraveling: Losing Our Way in the New
      Century (Norton), Krugman's masterful indictment of the Bush
      administration and the radical revolution designed to change forever
      the political landscape of America. During a recent trip to Austin,
      Krugman met with the Observer. The following is an excerpt of the
      interview:"

      Bradford reviews;

      Now writers like Paul Krugman are important, but in seeing what we
      had to face before the 21st century, there have been many, many
      great thinkers who understood that a Michael battle was on, a War of
      sorts, rooted in Nominalists vs Realists, a divided Nation...long
      before the twin towers were brought down and long before the dawning
      of the 21st century slipped away from us, Steiner was deeply into
      the battle, organizing the troops, outlining the cognitive
      symptomology that you would have to learn in order to learn the
      nature of the enemy.

      Cognitive Symptomology is how we study Orwell, or
      Twain's "Mysterious Stranger" or Nietzsche and his Anti-Christ,
      along with Soloviev and his Anti-Christ. It is how we, down stream
      from the first dawning of the Michael battle, having brought with us
      our experiences from our time in the Mars Sphere with Buddha and St.
      Francis and how the Michael School imbued the star seeds, we humans,
      with strong courage to awaken our I AM's to the battle for the
      future humans, would have to wage against Ahrimanic forces that
      would be appearing in human thought, feeling and will.

      Steiner outlined and brought the battle to the attention of humanity
      long before the second wave, us, were impacted with the deception of
      the Neocon Ahrimanic bid from the Imperial West. Imagine the 100,000
      Iraqi dead if you wish to imagine shattering tragedy, against
      America. Our shameless guilt for starting a preemptive war is a
      shattering, shattering crime that America has done against the very
      trust and conscience that has always had faith in America's
      humanity. We have betrayed and refuse to acknowledge and the very
      President who refuses to admit this mistake is backed by at least 50
      million voters. Fifty million voters, who have failed to carry out
      and consider what America truly represented in the hearts of
      billions of people. But weigh up the millions, the ten million or
      more slaughtered in the 20th century.

      But it is not death that is the enemy, it is a failure to understand
      symptomology and building our intelligence and insights around clear
      cut symptomology. To study Michael Jackson is to study Luciferic
      Symptomology, to study the Heavens Gate suicide and comet Hal Bopp
      is to study Luciferic Symptomology. To study Orwell, Nietzsche,
      Twain, Soloviev and our current flock of films... is to study,
      ahrimanic and sorathian symptomology. "Lord of the Rings" was
      Michael Symptomology, study them,learn to see with your eyes and
      your heart.

      The battle has been to bring intelligence and discernment into the I
      AM and nobody can bring that to the I AM but the willingness of the
      I AM to point their compass towards the Etheric Christ and the
      Spiritual Worlds where we have come from. It is just humans, us, we
      that write these wonderful things, we explore these amazing
      thoughts, and what did Steiner do?

      Steiner offered the links and interconnections to world history, the
      objective psychological and cosmic school of actual Initation that
      no man comes to the Father except through the objective training and
      initation of the psyche. No human being comes by any other route,
      but the training of cognitive symptomology that is not allegorical.
      Steiner presentede the origin of the I AM and beyond the big bang
      theories, to the ancient heart of Saturn where mankind germinated,
      and traced it right up to the present day. Students of Spiritual
      Science have had the update of the Michael battle, long before Paul
      Krugman thought of it. Paul Krugman is merely one of Michael's
      seeds. Steiner was chapter one in the dawning battle of the 20th
      century and Steiner was the first, the first accurate reporting of
      the first wave that set up the souls education toward cognitive
      symptomology studies to train the soul to see.

      We are in the second wave and the best way to catch up and review is
      to follow rich discussions where the Schools of Spiritual Science
      come together and to read Steiner quietly and the writings of those
      of his students.

      Yes, the 21st century has been hit with the same symptomology as the
      Germans, or Stalin were hit with, but in the refined nuance of the
      Hooverian West. It is the Hooverian west, with all that appears to
      be Freedom that is now getting hit. If America falls, it must be
      weighed as an enormous, enormous defeat. However look carefully over
      the energy and fact to fact thought awakening, how such icy human
      lies have actually awakened and fired up real strength of soul.
      Would these forces have awakened without the impact and
      confrontation with absolute lies? No. You see the problem here?
      Staying awake.

      It is powerful and intersting what it takes to wake people up. So
      wake up for pity sake and stay awake and think with joy and clarity
      out of the Michael stream and do not let the complacency slip back
      into such deadly, deadly horror as has been created under Bush, keep
      yourself awake and interested in thought....even if I thank Bush for
      representing everything in the soul that Michael worries about. I
      thank destiny for events, but look at the cost of tragedy in order
      to wake people up.

      Paul Krugman:

      " TO: The day after the election, what's the column if Kerry
      wins?

      PK: Do not be magnanimous in victory. I hope the people around
      him understand that this is not politics as we know it. It's
      not, "OK, well, we won an election. After the election we'll get
      together and work in a bipartisan way to help the country." They
      didn't work in a bipartisan way when the United States was attacked.
      They immediately saw it as a way to achieve political dominance.
      Kerry has got to understand that he has a window of opportunity to
      expose what's going on and to rock these people back to the point
      where we can try to reclaim the normal workings of democracy. Unless
      there's a true miracle and the Democrats take the House-which is
      extremely unlikely-it's going to be very bitter political civil war
      from Day One. The House leadership will try to undermine Kerry. I'm
      sure they'll try to impeach him almost immediately. On anything.

      We can go on and on about Tom DeLay, but the point is Tom DeLay
      is not an aberrant thing. He's not an accident. The whole thrust of
      where we've been going for a couple of decades in this country has
      been towards putting someone like Tom DeLay in a position of great
      power. So, my column to Kerry, my open letter to him if he wins,
      will be: Do not be magnanimous. You need to expose and dismantle
      this machine.

      TO: Assuming they don't shred everything beforehand.

      PK: They can't shred the people. The biggest thing would be to
      end the reign of terror in the agencies, so that the CIA and the
      Treasury Department-the civil servants-can talk about what actually
      happened. It's obvious that there was intense pressure placed upon
      the agencies to come up with the conclusion that [the
      Administration] wanted. But very few people are willing to say that,
      because these guys play rough. There's a lot of funny stuff
      involving the Justice Department, where officials who've criticized
      Ashcroft's handling of stuff-which is disastrous, right? Not a
      single successful terror prosecution [but] a lot of grandstanding-
      have found themselves subject to internal investigations. If we can
      get to a point where these people can speak freely, it will matter a
      lot. Homeland Security: I want people to be able to talk freely
      about the timing of terror alerts. You can draw a chart and it's
      obvious that terror alerts increase when Bush is down in the polls
      and vanish when he's up in the polls. But we need someone to go on
      the record and say that they've been used as a political tool.

      TO: In writing about the cult of personality surrounding the
      president, you mention the 27 photographs of him that appear in the
      2005 Budget.

      PK: I actually went to check and looked at a budget from the
      Clinton years. It's a rather dry-looking thing with charts and
      tables. The Bush budget is very much short on charts and tables-it's
      better not to think about what would be in them. But it has these
      themes, uplifting themes of various kinds and each of them is
      illustrated with multiple glossy color photos of Bush doing
      presidential-type things. Obviously you see him standing in front of
      a giant American flag talking about homeland security, but you also
      see him hiking along a mountain trail, comforting the elderly,
      helping children learn how to read. It really does look like
      something from a Communist country. You know, I joked when I wrote
      about it that they forgot the photo of him swimming the Yangtze
      River. It's very un-American, but it fits in with Operation Flight
      Suit-that kind of stagecraft, that glorification of the individual
      leader. What I wrote at the time of the carrier landing is that in
      the American tradition, the president is a civilian-even if he's a
      former general. The president does not appear in uniform; he's not a
      generalísimo; he's not a hero. That's why the Constitution says the
      president is the commander-in-chief: to make it very clear that
      civilian authority, not military, runs the country. And then here we
      are doing these things that are really something that you would
      expect to see in a banana republic.

      TO: What's the column if Bush wins?

      PK: I don't really want to think about that. The problem is
      there are different ways he could win, too.

      TO: Jimmy Carter has already written an op-ed in The Washington
      Post saying that the basic international conditions for a fair
      election are not there in Florida.

      PK: We're within inches of having most of the world, actually
      all of the world, and quite a few Americans, believing that we're no
      longer a functioning democracy. That could happen a month from now.
      Moderates and liberals made a terrible mistake in 2000. Their
      attitude was well, this was very bad, but the right thing to do was
      to basically gloss over it and pretend it's okay. That just
      encouraged these guys. It should have been a mobilizing point.
      Instead, everything we really know about the voting looks worse this
      year.... Sometimes it's a little soothing to read history. I have
      developed a big taste for the novels of Alan Furst, who writes these
      historical thrillers set in the thirties and forties in Europe. I
      think the very darkness of it-the fact that we know that it all came
      out okay, makes you sort of feel better. The other book I read in
      the last couple of weeks was Rubicon, a new, rather well-written
      story about the fall of the Roman republic. You find yourself doing
      that sort of thing. Me and Robert Byrd."
    • holderlin66
      Message 68 of 68 , Nov 26, 2004
        Sizzling insights:

        "In addition to an "event on the scale of Pearl Harbor" to jump-
        start their strategy, the Vulcans needed a front man -- an arrogant
        Nazi "Overman" doppleganger so shallow and eaten up with hubris that
        he could easily be convinced of his God-like superiority, and would
        have no qualms about the genocide necessary to reduce the world
        population and to achieve their goal of a new world order in which
        no nation dared challenge U.S. dominance.

        They needed an Orwellian fool, one willing to debase himself --
        unable to discern reality from fantasy. But more important, they
        needed one who could successfully captivate a gullible populace by
        cloaking acts of inhuman brutishness in words
        like "freedom," "democracy," "God," "liberation,"and "compassion."

        That man was George W. Bush. And he hit the stage in a dead run -- a
        rapper, a moon-walker, a whirling dirvish of death. He's on a
        killing rampage, and any American with the perception of an 8-year-
        old knows he must be stopped. Sooner rather than later."

        http://www.smirkingchimp.com/print.php?sid=18849

        Writing like they mean it.

        "They never seem to tire; their contortions grow more grotesque as
        they parade before the world with bells and whistles, high-wire
        acts, sword-swallowing feats, freak shows...one act bumping into
        another, faster and faster...now you see it, now you
        don't...grinning barkers motioning from the racuous celebration
        whirling beneath the big tent...tanks and gun-ships, bombs and
        blood...

        I am dumbfounded as people in this country clamor for tickets to the
        obscene, pornographic performance of this hideous group. I cannot
        understand why leaders of other nations stand by, enthralled --
        apparently with neither the courage nor the decency to yank the
        curtain before this murderous bunch shows up with their next act and
        brings the entire international house down.

        Later, when the stench of bloated corpses can no longer be ignored,
        they'll say they didn't know. But they knew. We all knew. Dick
        Cheney, Vulcans' production manager and Paul Wolfowitz, dance
        director, published the show's program in 1992 with their "Defense
        Planning Guidance," wherein they called for "preemptive" military
        action against friend and foe alike, to establish and maintain the
        U.S. as the sole global superpower.

        Fortunately, this act flopped. But the Vulcans didn't go away. They
        merely backed off and waited in the wings while refining their
        little program for world domination and looking for a lead singer
        for their group.

[...]

        That's why we have a Constitution, a Congress -- a watchdog media.
        It's time for the madness to stop -- before the terrorism and evil
        we are spreading in the name of freedom metastisizes further, and we
        are drawn onto massive global killing fields from which there is no
        escape.

        Later, some will say, "We didn't know what they were doing to our
        children...we were just supporting our troops...If only the media
        had told us -- had shown us what was going on -- we would have done
        something to stop it."

        But they will know in their hearts that the time to have stopped it
        was before it started -- the instant the first big lie was told.
        They will know that on Nov. 2, when they bought tickets for four
        more years of madness, more than 1,200 Americans had already been
        brutally slaughtered, more than 9,000 Americans injured or maimed
        for life, and more than 100,000 innocent Iraqi men, women and
        children destroyed.

        And all for lies. For greed. For power."