to Dottie me too

  • danifyou@tv.videotron.ca
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 3, 2004
      ----Message original -----
      De : deborah byron

      Dottie--I just read what you wrote about being hit by a car?!? What a
      strange scarey thing to have happen. Yes I do know what you mean about
      the tendency of emergency workers and lots of other caregivers to become
      rather anesthetized themselves to the suffering they deal with--one way of
      coping but certainly not a very good way. A sign of burnout, I think.
      I've been on both sides of that fence myself.

      Just wanted to say take care and watch your back.

      Deborah
      *******

      Yeah, impact on neck and back;
      Be sure to have a look on that...
      My mother is paying big bucks now
      From result the doctor never ckecked out
      After a car accident of her as to what
      It may have engendered there on the vertebras...
      (She had no pain....)
      But found out recently; decades later -
      The stiffness occur - a problem of weld
      For which neck concerned
      Needed an osteopath friend...

      Preventive Dan
      ;)

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • deborah byron
      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 3, 2004
        Danny,
        How funny--I didn't even notice the double meaning but I've experienced
        just recently getting tremendous help from chiropractic adjustments--must
        be the kundalini thing. And I've never had a bad accident--so yes,
        Dottie--get yourself checked out. I was lucky enough to find a guy living
        out in the middle of nowhere (the Ozarks) who moved here during the Y2K
        scare and decided to stay. He seems pretty crazy until he starts working
        on you. Then you realize the guy's clairvoyant to some degree and tries
        to hide it.
        Made me wish I had married a chiropractor when I had the chance.

        Musing on lots of things like that lately......
        Deborah
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 3, 2004
          Hi Deborah and Danny,

          I got the double entendre as well:)

          What I want to share is how pissed off I was at
          Michael. I thought he left me high and dry without any
          forewarning. And that probably confused me the most.
          However, a funny thing happened along the way.

          I was admitted into the hospital and when my friends
          came to check on me they could find only a Michelle
          Zold admitted to the Queen of Angeles Hospital:) and
          then thought somehow I had not given my right name and
          just agreed with the emergency people that my name is
          Michelle. When asking me why I used my sisters name I
          told them I hadn't and showed my wrist band which says
          'dottie zold' and the papers I filled out also said
          Dottie. (god your signing papers you don't even know
          what they are) (and a good thing is to desginate a
          power of attorney to a friend or fammily member in
          case of major decisions about how you want to live in
          case of comas and so forth) Now, I finally get home
          and I ask a friend to put in the cd of the song I am
          producing called Uknown Hottie that was just delivered
          to me at the moment of my accident. On the outside of
          the album cover is the name Michelle.

          So, trying to rationalize my feelings about Michael I
          think 'well maybe this was a little sign as I have a
          few friends named Michelle for Michael as they are
          male. Trying to give Michael a little bit of leeway in
          a sense .Well this morning I wake up and refuse to be
          a victim and hobble to my car and use my heel for the
          clutch and head to my coffee shop. I check out where I
          was hit and realize that I watch little latina
          mothers, they are under 5' many of them, walk their
          children to school and how I always worry about them
          being hit in that cross walk. I devise a plan to see
          my coucilman, whom I find out is the same that has
          gifted my cluhhouse with a 10,000 grant, to put up
          flashing yellow blinking lights on that corner. Now, I
          have no doubt I am going to make this happen. But I
          still have hard feelings from Michael with no message
          from him that he is aware that I am hit and have hurt
          feelings for not being notified.

          Well, I arrange to meet some really pissed off
          friends,( unhappy I am up and out of the house) at my
          next place of breakfast, where a few of the people
          have attended Waldorf and one of them Michael Hall in
          England. They ask me what happened and I tell them and
          the one young lady who attended early years at
          Waldorf, before moving to a Quaker school, says she
          has a great holistic practitioner who is a
          chiropractor plus. She gives me his card as my friends
          arrive. And I smile and am relieved:

          The card reads Max Levine practioner. Next line says:
          Michael Chiropractic Inc. I say to her 'wow look it
          says Michael Chiropractic and it goes right over her
          head about why that is so amazing to me.

          So, now I am surrounded by Michaels love letting me
          know He was with me the whole time and that I did have
          my warning but wasn't paying attention. See, I had
          driven around that block three times looking for a
          parking space. EAch time someone beat me to the spot.
          Finally on the fourth go around I decide to park my
          car across the street. I walk across, order my coffee
          and put my computer on the table. I realize I left my
          Revelations and POF book on the front seat of the car.
          I head outside and right away, when looking back in
          time, notice all cars are stopped for me to cross. Now
          this never happens . Cars come to a stop but they were
          already stopped. Almost like a big fat painting. I
          notice a lady on my left hand side with white hair and
          smiling in the drivers seat. I notice the other two
          lanes going in the opposite direction waiting for me
          to cross. It was almost like a parting of the waters
          for some reason in my mind. I cross and as I cross the
          first section of cars a car comes speeding right to
          me. She took me out with the front of her bumper and I
          was turned around against the car as it passed by. She
          was going about 25-30 miles an hour. If I had taken
          the next step with my right foot I would have been
          nailed and most likely not sitting here writing this
          note.

          The young lady who hit me came up and was like a
          talking bobble head. Her first comment was 'oh this
          stupid crosswalk'. I looked up to see who was talking
          and realized this was the girl who had hit me. I told
          them to get her away from me as she was nausiating.
          She replied 'oh can I go, I have someplace I need to
          be'....pretty interesting.

          Anyhow, point being that I feel relieved that Michael
          was surrounding me the whole time and really believe
          that it may have something to do with making sure
          those children on the way to school will not be harmed
          nor their mothers. Makes me think of the girl who hit
          me and possibly assisted in creating a safer place for
          the little armenian/latina neighborhood.

          Just wanted to share my Michael story, and say thanks
          for the caring,

          Love,

          > Danny,
          > How funny--I didn't even notice the double meaning
          > but I've experienced
          > just recently getting tremendous help from
          > chiropractic adjustments--must
          > be the kundalini thing. And I've never had a bad
          > accident--so yes,
          > Dottie--get yourself checked out. I was lucky
          > enough to find a guy living
          > out in the middle of nowhere (the Ozarks) who moved
          > here during the Y2K
          > scare and decided to stay. He seems pretty crazy
          > until he starts working
          > on you. Then you realize the guy's clairvoyant to
          > some degree and tries
          > to hide it.
          > Made me wish I had married a chiropractor when I had
          > the chance.
          >
          > Musing on lots of things like that lately......
          > Deborah

          > --------------------~-->

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/I3dslB/TM

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        • holderlin66
          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 3, 2004
            Now on DVD: The Passion of the Bush
            By Frank Rich
            The New York Times

            Sunday 03 October 2004

            You can run but you can't hide: Oct. 5 will bring the perfect
            storm in this year's culture wars. It's on that strategically chosen
            date, four Tuesdays before the election, that the DVD of "Fahrenheit
            9/11" will be released along with not one but two new Michael Moore
            books. It's also the release date of the equally self-effacing Ann
            Coulter's latest rant, of a new DVD documentary, "Horns and Halos,"
            that revisits the Bush mystery year of 1972, and of an R.E.M.
            album, "Around the Sun," that gets in its own political licks at the
            state of the nation.

            When Dick Cheney and John Edwards debate in Cleveland that
            night, Bruce Springsteen will be barnstorming in another swing
            state, as the Vote for Change tour hits St. Paul. All that's needed
            to make the day complete is a smackdown between Kinky Friedman and
            Teresa Heinz Kerry on "Imus in the Morning."

            Of the many cultural grenades being tossed that day, though, the
            one must-see is "George W. Bush: Faith in the White House," a DVD
            that is being specifically marketed in "head to head" partisan
            opposition to "Fahrenheit 9/11." This documentary first surfaced at
            the Republican convention in New York, where it was previewed in
            tandem with an invitation-only, no-press-allowed "Family, Faith and
            Freedom Rally," a Ralph Reed-Sam Brownback jamboree thrown by the
            Bush campaign for Christian conservatives. Though you can buy the
            DVD for $14.95, its makers told the right-wing news service
            WorldNetDaily.com that they plan to distribute 300,000 copies to
            America's churches. And no wonder. This movie aspires to be "The
            Passion of the Bush," and it succeeds.

            More than any other campaign artifact, it clarifies the hard-
            knuckles rationale of the president's vote-for-me-or-face-Armageddon
            re-election message. It transforms the president that the Democrats
            deride as a "fortunate son" of privilege into a prodigal son with
            the "moral clarity of an old-fashioned biblical prophet." Its Bush
            is not merely a sincere man of faith but God's essential and
            irreplaceable warrior on Earth. The stations of his cross are
            burnished into cinematic fable: the misspent youth, the hard
            drinking (a thirst that came from "a throat full of Texas dust"),
            the fateful 40th-birthday hangover in Colorado Springs, the walk on
            the beach with Billy Graham. A towheaded child actor bathed in the
            golden light of an off-camera halo re-enacts the young George
            comforting his mom after the death of his sister; it's a parable
            anticipating the future president's miraculous ability to comfort us
            all after 9/11. An older Bush impersonator is seen rebuffing a
            sexual come-on from a fellow Bush-Quayle campaign worker hovering by
            a Xerox machine in 1988; it's an effort to imbue our born-again
            savior with retroactive chastity. As for the actual president, he is
            shown with a flag for a backdrop in a split-screen tableau with
            Jesus. The message isn't subtle: they were separated at birth.

            "Faith in the White House" purports to be the product
            of "independent research," uncoordinated with the Bush-Cheney
            campaign. But many of its talking heads are official or unofficial
            administration associates or sycophants. They include the
            evangelical leader and presidential confidant Ted Haggard (who is
            also one of Mel Gibson's most fervent P.R. men) and Deal Hudson, an
            adviser to the Bush-Cheney campaign until August, when he resigned
            following The National Catholic Reporter's investigation of
            accusations that he sexually harassed an 18-year-old Fordham student
            in the 1990's. As for the documentary's "research," a film
            positioning itself as a scrupulously factual "alternative"
            to "Fahrenheit 9/11" should not inflate Mr. Bush's early
            business "success" with Arbusto Energy (an outright bust for most of
            its investors) or the number of children he's had vaccinated in Iraq
            ("more than 22 million," the movie claims, in a country whose total
            population is 25 million).

            "Will George W. Bush be allowed to finish the battle against the
            forces of evil that threaten our very existence?" Such is the
            portentous question posed at the film's conclusion by its narrator,
            the religious broadcaster Janet Parshall, beloved by some for her
            ecumenical generosity in inviting Jews for Jesus onto her radio show
            during the High Holidays. Anyone who stands in the way of Mr. Bush
            completing his godly battle, of course, is a heretic. Facts on the
            ground in Iraq don't matter. Rational arguments mustered in
            presidential debates don't matter. Logic of any kind is a
            nonstarter. The president - who after 9/11 called the war on
            terrorism a "crusade," until protests forced the White House to
            backpedal - is divine. He may not hear "voices" instructing him on
            policy, testifies Stephen Mansfield, the author of one of the
            movie's source texts, "The Faith of George W. Bush," but he does act
            on "promptings" from God. "I think we went into Iraq not so much
            because there were weapons of mass destruction," Mr. Mansfield has
            explained elsewhere, "but because Bush had concluded that Saddam
            Hussein was an evildoer" in the battle "between good and evil." So
            why didn't we go into those other countries in the axis of evil,
            North Korea or Iran? Never mind. To ask such questions is to be
            against God and "with the terrorists."

            The propagandists of "Faith in the White House" argue, as others
            have, that the president's invocation of religion in the public
            sphere, from his citation of Jesus as his favorite "political
            philosopher" to his incessant invocation of the Almighty in talking
            about how everything is coming up roses in Iraq, is consistent with
            the civic spirituality practiced by his antecedents, from the
            founding fathers to Bill Clinton. It's not. Past presidents have
            rarely, if ever, claimed such godlike infallibility. Mr. Bush never
            admits to making a mistake; even his premature "Mission
            Accomplished" victory lap wasn't in error, as he recently told Bill
            O'Reilly. After all, if you believe "God wants me to be president" -
            a quote attributed to Mr. Bush by the Rev. Richard Land of the
            Southern Baptist Convention - it's a given that you are incapable of
            making mistakes. Those who say you have are by definition committing
            blasphemy. A God-appointed leader even has the power to rewrite His
            texts. Jim Wallis, the liberal evangelical author, has pointed out
            Mr. Bush's habit of rejiggering specific scriptural citations so
            that, say, the light shining into the darkness is no longer God's
            light but America's and, by inference, the president's own.

            It's not just Mr. Bush's self-deification that separates him
            from the likes of Lincoln, however; it's his chosen fashion of
            Christianity. The president didn't revive the word "crusade" idly in
            the fall of 2001. His view of faith as a Manichaean scheme of blacks
            and whites to be acted out in a perpetual war against evil is
            synergistic with the violent poetics of the best-selling "Left
            Behind" novels by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins and Mel Gibson's
            cinematic bloodfest. The majority of Christian Americans may not
            agree with this apocalyptic worldview, but there's a big market for
            it. A Newsweek poll shows that 17 percent of Americans expect the
            world to end in their lifetime. To Karl Rove and company, that 17
            percent is otherwise known as "the base."

            The pandering to that base has become familiar in countless
            administration policies, starting with its antipathy to stem-cell
            research, abortion, condoms for H.I.V. prevention and gay civil
            rights. But ever since Mr. Bush's genuflection to Bob Jones
            University threatened to shoo away moderates in 2000, the Rove ruse
            is to try to keep the most militant and sectarian tactics of the
            Bush religious program under the radar. (Mr. Rove even tried to deny
            that the wooden lectern at the Republican convention was a pulpit
            embedded with a cross, as if a nation of eyewitnesses could all be
            mistaken.) The re-election juggernaut has not only rounded up the
            membership rosters of churches en masse but quietly mounted official
            Web sites like kerrywrongforcatholics.com as well. (Evangelicals and
            Mormons have their own Web variants on this same theme, but not the
            Jews, who are apparently getting in Kerry just what they deserve.)
            Even the contraband C-word is being revived out of sight of most of
            the press: Marc Racicot, the Bush-Cheney campaign chairman, lobbed a
            direct-mail fund-raising letter in March describing Mr. Bush
            as "leading a global crusade against terrorism."

            In this spring's classic "South Park" parody, "The Passion of
            the Jew," in which Mr. Gibson's movie tosses the community into a
            religious war, one of the kids concludes: "If you want to be
            Christian, that's cool, but you should focus on what Jesus taught
            instead of how he got killed. Focusing on how he got killed is what
            people did in the Dark Ages, and it ends up with really bad
            results." He has a point. It's far from clear that Mr. Bush's
            eschatology and his religious vanity are leading to good results
            now. The all-seeing president who could pronounce Vladimir Putin
            saintly by looking into his "soul" is now refusing to acknowledge
            that the reverse may be true. The general in charge of tracking down
            Osama bin Laden, William G. Boykin, has earned cheers in some
            quarters for giving speeches at churches proclaiming that Mr. Bush
            is "in the White House because God put him there" to lead the "army
            of God" against "a guy named Satan." But all that preaching didn't
            get his day job done; he hasn't snared the guy named Osama he was
            supposed to bring back "dead or alive."

            "George W. Bush: Faith in the White House" must be seen because
            it shows how someone like General Boykin can stay in his job even in
            failure and why Mr. Bush feels divinely entitled to keep his job
            even as we stand on the cusp of an abyss in Iraq. In this pious but
            not humble worldview, faith, or at least a certain brand of it,
            counts more than competence, and a biblical mission, or at least a
            simplistic, blunderbuss facsimile of one, counts more than the
            secular goal of waging an effective, focused battle against an enemy
            as elusive and cunning as terrorists. That no one in this
            documentary, including its hero, acknowledges any constitutional
            boundaries between church and state is hardly a surprise. To them,
            America is a "Christian nation," period, with no need even for the
            fig-leaf prefix of "Judeo-."

            Far more startling is the inability of a president or his
            acolytes to acknowledge any boundary that might separate Mr. Bush's
            flawed actions battling "against the forces of evil" from the
            righteous dictates of God. What that level of hubris might bring in
            a second term is left to the imagination, and "Faith in the White
            House" gives the imagination room to run riot about what a 21st-
            century crusade might look like in the flesh. A documentary
            conceived as a rebuke to "Fahrenheit 9/11" is nothing if not its
            unintentional and considerably more nightmarish sequel."
          • holderlin66
            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 4, 2004
              holderlin brought:

              "It's not just Mr. Bush's self-deification that separates him
              from the likes of Lincoln, however; it's his chosen fashion of
              Christianity. The president didn't revive the word "crusade" idly in
              the fall of 2001. His view of faith as a Manichaean scheme of blacks
              and whites to be acted out in a perpetual war against evil is
              synergistic with the violent poetics of the best-selling "Left
              Behind" novels by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins and Mel Gibson's
              cinematic bloodfest. The majority of Christian Americans may not
              agree with this apocalyptic worldview, but there's a big market for
              it."

              Bradford comments;

              Bush's "...view of faith as a Manichaean scheme..." Little squeaks
              like "Avignon Presidency" or impact points outlined in history,
              666/1332/1998, Gondi Shapur, Torture of Manes, vivid future
              nightmares from ARRRNOOOld. Both Zell and Arrrnooold at the RNC and
              this new movie out showing the faith based Mr. Bush as God's chosen
              Pope, KIng, on Earth... selling humanities soul to the Corporate
              bidders. All this plus the call of "Give us Bush, Give us Barabbas!
              Give us Bush, Give us Barabbas! This is our time and we don't
              readily leap to the occasion of our life.

              So how Allegorical is it do you think that the Youth of Nain was
              called the Son of the Widow? Do you think that the Youth of Nain had
              anything to do with the Widow Isis or Egypt in his past karma? Or do
              you think it was allegorical that when the Youth of Nain was
              reorganized and healed in his comatose consciousness of the former
              failed Initiation rite in the ancient Mysteries, like the Disciple
              of Sais, who had lifted Isis veil prematurely and it caused utter
              madness, do you think Manes felt invigorated as he developed his
              Light and Darkness, hosts of good and evil...was it a Michael kind
              of stark awakening? Did Christ the Logos heal that Initiate? Was
              there a goal in mind?

              Do you think it was an allegory when Schinatulander/Steiner died for
              Parsifal, so Parsifal could achieve the Grail? How was
              Schinatulander rewarded for his sacrifice? Oh and in theory was
              Kaspar Hauser locked under the stairwell because they feared what he
              could be and by locking him under the stairwell and eventually
              murdering him, did Europe falter, did meetings between Wagner and
              Kaspar never take place.. because Europe had lost just one key
              individual who was part of the mighty puzzle of events? Was that key
              individual an already achieved Initiate who had the Holy Ghost
              intelligence in him? What did the lose of this key individual do for
              the entire Europe destiny? I'm sure you never gave it much thought.

              Now we come to the 2004 Allegory, where in 2001 the century was
              hijacked and the direction humanity should take was detoured,
              diverted. It has been diverted because the weighty moral issues and
              research we should be flaming about on this list and in Michael
              communities everywhere was merely a limp U.N. wet noodle. People
              found it too hard to think Steiner through, even if it through this
              trail, this path, the words, No Man cometh to the Father except he
              travel the path of cognition through Christ. Do we have the guts to
              think about these things? Do we require one tragedy after another to
              wake us up to enjoy, love and crave for deep Steiner truths and
              global brotherhood? Can we not stay on topic, on message for a
              decade without falling asleep again or being eaten by the next
              propaganda wave of Ahriman or lucifer? Here hippies have some LSD,
              here science nerds, have some failed, decayed Light stolen from the
              premature Promethian Titan lamps in the core of the Earth. We need
              to try to think.

              We humans are a fatally flawed gem. No matter how we turn it in the
              light, it remains blinding to our soul eyes. Blinding to imagine the
              freedom and bright immortality that is in us and that the Philosophy
              of Freedom focused on. It must be so bright that we turn our eyes
              away. It must be so bright that we prefer darkness. It must be so
              Bright with the Christ Being that only a few, and one of them,
              Steiner, could look directly into that light and report what he saw.
              The rest of us just turn away and call it "our so called life." We
              bring on our own destructive forces and they come because we fall
              asleep again and again. And if you need to go back to the Bible and
              find out what falling asleep means, go ahead. Because we are case
              studies in falling asleep while Rome burns.
            • holderlin66
              Message 6 of 22 , Oct 12, 2004
                "As Erik von Kuehnelt-Leddihn pointed out, the atomic bomb has given
                the U.S. President more power than any absolute monarch of the past
                or even one hundred Genghis Khans."

                http://www.mises.org/fullstory.aspx?Id=1642

                Bradford comments;

                If you desire to research on this list the procedure is simply to
                put a word, like Genghis Khan into the search box. Hit next, and
                next and next until you come upon threads that contain Genghis Khan.
                If you do this, or for those of us with memory, we can recall how
                Dr. Steiner drew attention to the occult factors of Genghis Khan.
                Now you might say, that is unimportant. But Steiner also drew
                attention to how Ahrimanic and Luciferic entities keep trying to
                hijack humanity based on the model of Imperial Rome.

                For all but 8 or 10 people on this list, this is all so hard to
                fathom and conider, even if it, sometimes, is placed before your
                reading intellect with joy and fire for your active condsideration.
                Now when a sub-standard, shadow of a human is placed as a President
                and behind him stands a host of humans who, for their lust for power
                and control, sit next to the little fool and pump him up, we see the
                growing horror of a religious Mandadted maniac at the helm of the
                Imperial West. Power corrupts and presently in the Far West it has
                reached the brown eye phase. That is, they are so full of sh-- that
                their eyes are brown.

                In considering human failures and human strengths, I have nothing
                against the human individual ARnooold, and there is a difference
                between Arnoold the human guy and the global star of Sorathian
                vision and Sorathian prophet that he has become. The image is that
                which has incubated unconsciously in the ignorant base of American
                Thinking, that cannot see the difference between the Fear fueled and
                fear soaked nightmares Arnooold placed as warnings for us to ponder
                and the good hard working regual Arnoold that was clever enough to
                ride the waves of what is in the Armageddon laced delusions we are
                incubating inside us as a global community.

                What has happened here, is that ARnoold was glorified in the RNC or
                Republican National Convention because a.) he owes a lot to the
                Repubican spin meisters who got him into office in California and by
                cleverly putting himself in star power relation to GWB.

                But b.) Arnoold represents the open revelation of Sorathian
                nightmares pending in the wings that tend to feed the entire "Left
                Behind Series" of Armageddon fantasies of the far Right. GWB is a
                wobbly Lodge Podge simpleton with transparent stunted occult soul
                development issues. But that is highly dangerous, as most of us can
                see.

                We have deconstructed the personality of GWB many times. We can find
                the Sentient soul and Intellectual Soul in GWB but we do not find in
                him any rudimentary Consciousness Soul living interest in global
                humanity and other cultures and this is typical of his voting base
                as well. His entire spoiled and typical American stupidity and
                dullness is exactly the dupe that the Lodge Podge needed or thought
                they needed to feed the same thing in people that caused the Rise
                and Fall of Rome.

                But even now they wonder, They - meaning Luciferic forces and
                Ahrimanic forces - if such a smirking darkness can ever get them the
                win they crave. Because at this juncture in 2004 at the early phases
                of the 21st century, again, Luciferic and Ahrimanic forces have
                dragged half of the unconscious, undeveloped, nationalistic,
                dogmatic, religious, undeveloped Consciousness Soul, lumbering
                clumps of human life, all buzzing, as we all are with little
                intellectual fizzle, to the border of the possible repeat of Rome
                and the craving desire that Steiner described when he described the
                reality behind Genghis Khan and the old Atlantean Oracle of Tao and
                Taotl.

                Steiner outlined for us exactly the recurring historical efforts
                that Luciferic and Ahrimanic beings constantly find and create in
                humans beings. Earth boys and girls are easy! If we only saw these
                things as easily in ourselves.

                This is all typical symptomology and easy to see. The religious
                Sentient soul dogmatism lit with Luciferic fire and brimstone
                preachers and Ahrimanic secretive Power that Leo Strauss and the
                Neocons let in through Plato's theories give us Bible belt
                undeveloped intelligence behind smoke and mirrors and blatant
                manipulation and lies as military might and boyscout uniform
                discipline hide behind Ahrimanic power babies. All typical avenues
                of human temptation that have continued to slime us into the current
                Orwellian Brink we are in.

                Below is the lesson in American history and Political craving and
                development of overshadowing and living in the history of the
                18th,19th and 20th century, from the western perspective. It is
                fairly Goethean with the added footnote, that the Etheric Christ
                Event is part of the whole underground moral tug of war that humans
                insist they won't recognize. The Avignon Presidency is exactly this.
                A spoiled rotten Phillip the Fair, fed with cunning advisers that
                bankrupt the entire empire of the Church. It is an overlay that
                STeiner also presents in his Mexican Mysteries and Templars and all
                we have to do is to see how the puzzle fits from 1332 to now. Now go
                out and explain this to those in your community. It is very simple
                give us Barabbas, give us Barabbas is shouted now with give us
                George Bush, give us George Bush.

                War Gave Us Caesar
                by Adam Young

                "George W. Bush is surely among the worst of the modern day messiah
                presidents, the high priests of the civil religion of American
                Exceptionalism. In that same press conference, he made several
                remarkable statements that illustrate his mentality and conception
                of not only the presidency, but of American governmental
                institutions, the Constitution, and the serfdom of the American
                taxpayer. They also reveal how these ideas form the structure of the
                bipartisan interventionist/imperialist establishment and permanent
                governmental apparatus. What's shocking is that few in the media
                thought these statements were extraordinary.

                In a moment that will surely go down as one of the most bizarre
                comments uttered by this current U.S. president, he
                exclaimed, "We're changing the world. And the world will be better
                off." Americans, Bush averred, "have an obligation to lead the fight
                on AIDS, in Africa." And his "job as the President is to lead this
                nation into making the world a better place." And Bush expressed a
                characteristically modest appraisal of his responsibilities, saying
                that he was "the ultimate decision-maker for this country. . . ."

                These are not statements one would have ever heard from the mouths
                or pens of Patrick Henry, Thomas Jefferson, or George Washington. We
                would never have even heard them from John Adams, Alexander
                Hamilton, James Madison, or John Quincy Adams. Certainly Andrew
                Jackson and Grover Cleveland held no such messianic pretensions for
                the presidency.

                While Washington rode to his inauguration in a coach drawn by four
                white horses, the Senate refused the suggestion that presidents be
                addressed as "His Highness"[2]. Jefferson walked to his inaugural,
                but still adopted the high-handed tyranny of economic blockades and
                the use of the United States military against American merchants.

                President James Monroe would ride around Washington on horseback.
                John Quincy Adams (who famously said that America "goes not abroad
                in search of monsters to destroy") would often swim naked in the
                Potomac River in the early morning before breakfast.[3]

                How did the chief magistrate of a confederated republic degrade into
                the global tyrant we experience today, part secular pope, part
                military despot, part pseudo-philosopher-king and full-time
                overbearing global gangster?

                One factor is the rise of political parties and factions, which
                endeavor to gain and hold control over the government, and to tax
                and spend in favor of themselves and their allies. James Fenimore
                Cooper recognized this and wrote: "When party rules, the people do
                not rule, but merely such a portion of the people as can manage to
                get control of party."[4]

                However, the modern presidency is by far a creature of war, war
                against the wider outside world, and real and metaphorical wars
                against the American people themselves.

                The presidential mythos first has its roots in two men: George
                Washington and the old Roman farmer-soldier-statesman Cincinnatus.
                The legend goes that Cincinnatus was a former soldier called up to
                save the Roman Republic. Once that was accomplished, he retired to
                his farm, establishing a valuable lesson about the proper
                relationship between free men and political power. This vivid image
                was adopted by the American Revolutionaries and was epitomized in
                the career of General Washington and the American ideal of the
                citizen legislator.

                And for a while that reality persisted through the ups-and-downs of
                the administrations of Adams, Jefferson, Madison and Monroe, even
                though these saw the last years of the Whiskey Rebellion, the Alien
                & Sedition Acts, Jefferson's Embargo, and the War of 1812. It even
                largely held during the two-terms of General Jackson, who de
                Tocqueville considered had "nothing in his whole career [that] ever
                proved him qualified to govern a free people."[5]

                The messianic presidency as we know it arose with the unprecedented
                regime of Abraham Lincoln, which established a novel set of
                justifications for its assumption of previously unrecognized
                executive war-making authority and spending and policing powers.
                With Congress in recess, Lincoln called out the state militias,
                suspended habeas corpus, and blockaded the seceding States, in the
                process becoming the model of successive "war presidents."

                Following the conquest of the threat of secession, the American
                presidency relaxed, but never returned to the tranquility of its
                original intent. The next "great mission" to capture the presidency
                was the designs of the Progressive movement, that combination of
                secularized Calvinism and the toxic brew of Manifest Destiny and
                socialist nostrums.

                At first, a reasonably decent president, Grover Cleveland, thwarted
                their desire for foreign wars and expansion. When members of
                Congress pressed for war with Spain, Cleveland responded: "There
                will be no war with Spain over Cuba while I am President." A member
                of Congress protested that the Constitution gave Congress the right
                to declare war, but Cleveland countered that the Constitution made
                him Commander-in-Chief and "I will not mobilize the army."[6]

                However, Cleveland would soon be gone, and the Progressives would
                have their war. Their state-building efforts saw the rise of
                American Imperialism with the Spanish-American War and the so-called
                Progressive Era, under Theodore Roosevelt, who began the now
                ubiquitous fashion of presidents nagging the public about one thing
                or another. And it would continue under Woodrow Wilson, bringing the
                institution the particularly malevolent features of the modern
                managerial presidency, the Federal Reserve System and the Income Tax
                Amendment, proposed by President Taft.

                But it was with World War I, the Great War, that today's aggressive
                and megalomanical presidency took full form, as the Wilson
                administration whipped up hysteria and fear, imposed censorship and
                persecuted dissidents, and launched a sweeping claim of presidential
                power over foreign affairs. "The initiative in foreign affairs,
                which the President possesses without any restriction whatever,"
                Wilson wrote before he became president, "is virtually the power to
                control them absolutely . . ."[7]

                For a while, however, most Americans seemed repulsed by what their
                country had become during the war, and refused to have anything to
                do with Wilson's messianic world agenda. And although things seemed
                to return to normal during the 1920's, during the administrations of
                Harding and Coolidge, the power of the state still did not decline
                to what it was before the war.

                Then came the latest of the many myths that constitute the fable of
                the modern American presidency. The Crash of 1929 gave every statist
                intellectual and greedy politician the opportunity they had long
                desired to turn the federal government into a permanent presence in
                the decisions of every American. And in the process they created the
                Great Depression.

                The Roosevelt administration permanently altered the relationship
                between the American people and their government. From Washington
                down across America would now flow a vast army of bureaucrats and
                special interests to control and fleece the public. The New Deal,
                from beginning to end, turned into a gigantic political slush fund
                for the Democratic Party,[8] which had long ago been hijacked to
                become the party of servitude.

                And it was during the New Deal, in 1936 in the Curtiss-Wright case,
                that Justice George Sutherland decided that the president's powers
                to conduct foreign policy were an "inherent attribute of
                sovereignty" that had been inherited from the British Crown without
                passing through the Thirteen Colonies or the Confederation period
                and somehow came to reside in the person of the U.S. President.

                By 1939, faced with the obvious failure to cure the effects of the
                Crash from ten years before, FDR and his minions began stoking the
                engines of war, looking for any pretext to enter the war against
                Germany and Japan.[9] When this occurred in 1941, the administration
                reimposed conscription and the Wilson administration's total war
                economy, and bragged about bringing the New Deal to the rest of the
                world, but only brought the shadow of atomic clouds.

                As Erik von Kuehnelt-Leddihn pointed out, the atomic bomb has given
                the U.S. President more power than any absolute monarch of the past
                or even one hundred Genghis Khans.[10]

                The post-war and Cold War regime adopted what has become known as
                the "National Security State"—a centralized, weaponized government
                residing in the presidency, a largely consultative and rubber-stamp
                legislature, a quiescent judiciary and puppet, subordinate
                governments at home and abroad. And although Harry Truman
                admitted "I never would have agreed to the formulation of the
                Central Intelligence Agency back in '47, if I had known it would
                become the American Gestapo," he felt no compunction about launching
                an unconstitutional war in Korea, establishing the precedent of
                presidential war-making powers. Instead, as Secretary of State
                Acheson suggested, Truman only offered to "tell them what had been
                decided."[11] Not since WWII has Congress used its Constitutional
                power to declare war. Today, in our supposedly scientific and
                advanced age, like the kings of Europe and the oriental despots of
                old, one man now decides between war and peace.

                Today there is virtually no subject that is deemed beyond the
                legitimate scope of presidential commentary or initiative, from the
                content of entertainment, to the importation of Chinese socks, to
                the policies of foreign governments, to the continued existence of
                foreign governments.

                Indeed, Richard Nixon summed up the absolutist attitude of
                contemporary presidents when he proclaimed in 1977, "When the
                President does it that means that it is not illegal."

                The Roman Republic, a model for the Founding Fathers, was driven
                from history by the greed of its so-called statesmen, as foreign
                conquest turned inward on itself, fostering dangerous rivalries and
                the betrayal of republican liberty. The Empire was all that mattered
                then.

                Today, the old pattern is repeating itself. Just as the republics of
                old died from foreign interventionism and the subsequent rise of
                domestic tyranny, so too is the American Republic laying to rest its
                noble heritage and its great potential. Today, under the current
                President's promise of decades of foreign and domestic warfare, the
                centralized state is growing and growing, determined never to
                relinquish its hold on its foreign possessions and on the individual
                American and his hopes and dreams for a free and prosperous life.
                What is to be done?
              • holderlin66
                Message 7 of 22 , Oct 17, 2004
                  "John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to
                  the Father except through Me."

                  holderlin wrote:

                  "We have deconstructed the personality of GWB many times. We can find
                  the Sentient soul and Intellectual Soul in GWB but we do not find in
                  him any rudimentary Consciousness Soul living interest in global
                  humanity and other cultures and this is typical of his voting base
                  as well."

                  Bradford comments;

                  In the intimacy of esoteric development all of us, typically, myself
                  included, went and go through a phase where we sense in ourselves
                  spiritual certainty and refine in ourselves spiritual cognition and
                  learn to feel the movement of thought and thoughts objective impress
                  in ourselves.

                  The problems encountered in wrestling with 'objective'
                  and 'subjective' shades of feeling can be encountered,
                  devastatingly, in how we approach our certainty or uncertainty when
                  we encounter aspects of the Philosophy of Freedom. My teachers for
                  those courses, and my own wrestling with determining in myself
                  subjective and objective fields of insight were fairly intense.

                  It is this intensity where the borderline battle of subjective and
                  objective arise that brings us to our own study of development and
                  the tremendous opportunity we have in looking how our current
                  President is wrestling through the same territory of the POF. That
                  it is in fact all of humanities trial and certainly every human
                  beings subjective trial. It was scary enough for me when I was a
                  young man, my sentient soul, gave me very strong feelings, feelings
                  that I clung to and didn't wish to test or give up because that was
                  where I hoped to find my I AM. To build upon this rock/Peter
                  stream/Faith. But there are profound issues in understanding this
                  Rock of Faith in the Peter stream, where it is anchored in the
                  sentient soul.

                  Wrapped in this field of false certainty and feelings arising, out
                  of faith in self, wanting to have faith in self, and wanting to
                  think with certainty, one finds that the training wheels are on,
                  where the I AM is pivoted between, subjective and objective balance.
                  Cognition exists and thinking and intuition exist but as a young
                  man, my sentient soul had to discover a religious tone, but without
                  becoming sentimental or stopping at the values of typical
                  fundamentalism in the religious core of the I AM. The temptation to
                  stop here before we come to the perception of the Consciousness Soul
                  is like following the path from Peter to Paul to John and that is
                  why they are streams and layers of being.

                  That the sentient soul wrestles with the subjective and objective
                  basis of self observation is critical to self development. To gain a
                  perception of the Consciousness Soul, as Owen Barfield or Spiritual
                  Science offers, a good deal of inner wrestling in both the religious
                  sentient soul sense of certainty with your own pleasant warmth of
                  beliefs in your subjective feelings and the rather cooler, toned
                  down, objective structures of insight from science and thinking
                  rules that sit on knife edges of the intellectual soul, challenge
                  the pleasant warmth of feeling 'your faith in self'. Radical
                  passions generated out of talk radio programs in the U.S. literally
                  create storms in the Sentient soul.

                  I am defining these rather complex and tempetuous trials of soul
                  because growing our I AM's into Consciousness Soul Beings, requires
                  us to pass through these difficult grounds and frankly, the U.S. is
                  experiencing this threshold of sentient soul, faith based, approach
                  to the I AM and falling into very predictable patterns of behavior.

                  It is no fun to see the certainty and warmth of the Jesus
                  fundamentalism spawned from fundamentalism anywhere, any
                  fundamentalism, in Islam or in Judaism, spawned in the feeling life
                  of the sentient soul, and confess and implore to you right here and
                  now, that you ain't out of the woods yet. That the trials of the
                  cognitive approach to the Christ or cognitive apporach to thinking,
                  are not finished yet. That the path to the Father does not stop at
                  the Sentient Soul that the path to the Father is through the
                  Cognitive ripening into the rich region of the Consciousness Soul,
                  requires one to pass through the cognitive minefield of the
                  intellectual soul.

                  Now this observation that GWB and his faith based world or any
                  aspect of Islam or Judaism stuck in certain locked in beliefs, tend
                  to think that their 'gut' instinct, as GWB puts it, has come to the
                  Holy of Holies of how the I AM works. No. They have not. Subjective
                  and Objective thinking testing and intuition; a testing which has
                  not yet happened and the I AM's true ability to engage in warm
                  thinking, which the POF tries to describe, with how cool intellect
                  is not the same as warmed thinking that clings to the subjective
                  safety of sentient soul faith, are the literal struggles of the soul
                  and of the U.S. at this moment. This whole immense conflict and path
                  of initiation we are in is very clearly described in the following
                  article.

                  http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/101704A.shtml

                  " This is one key feature of the faith-based presidency: open
                  dialogue, based on facts, is not seen as something of inherent
                  value. It may, in fact, create doubt, which undercuts faith. It
                  could result in a loss of confidence in the decision-maker and, just
                  as important, by the decision-maker. Nothing could be more vital,
                  whether staying on message with the voters or the terrorists or a
                  California congressman in a meeting about one of the world's most
                  nagging problems. As Bush himself has said any number of times on
                  the campaign trail, "By remaining resolute and firm and strong, this
                  world will be peaceful."

                  Bradford concludes;

                  The struggle everyone must have with the Path to the Father is the
                  Path through the cognitive training to approach the inner I AM, is
                  clearly why the POF of Steiner's was to be his most important book.
                  It is a Pauline book of navigating the central trial of the
                  Intellectual Soul. To measure the fact that GWB, as the leader of
                  the free world, has not mastered the rudiments of Sentient Soul and
                  Intellectual Soul hurdles and yet has dragged half the United States
                  to a place of Cognitive Initiation, has been placed before us on the
                  path of initiation as a wonderful experience in learning. It is a
                  stunning snapshot of our times and requires refinement of thinking
                  tools, which everyone on this list has. A stunning experience in
                  learning is being offered. The above link I offer reveals an amazing
                  subjective struggle in the soul of thinking that a nation has not
                  passed yet and we as individuals must also go through to find our
                  way to the Christ and find our way back to the Father. There is no
                  other path to the Christ except through the layers of thinking and
                  cognition described.

                  Some religious notes on the subject:

                  http://www.puritansermons.com/boston/bost4.htm
                • holderlin66
                  Message 8 of 22 , Oct 21, 2004
                    holderlin wrote:

[...]

                    Since I posted the above link, the article by Susskind has become
                    almost a clssic in its description of a current American Initiation.
                    Nearly every thinking person can see through the picture painted in
                    the article, the deep layered division and issues that are buried in
                    the American psyche are almost transparet. It represents a true
                    wrestling with certain very profound issues.. It should be studied,
                    but that is IMHO. But let us mark out something profound here, that
                    might seem obvious but it remains utterly shattering, shattering for
                    those who think clearly.

                    For the moment let me put aside the Sophic Soloviev aspect of the
                    Russian Language spirit. This Sophic aspect includes all three
                    aspects we are describing.

                    I wish to weigh up, and introduce the shattering dimension of the
                    Peter stream...mind you this mighty Peter stream which serves the
                    Sentient Soul needs and has become a 2000 year run of a full school
                    of prophets, Saints, and dogma that has served the core issues of
                    the Sentient Soul has well run its course.

                    But what grows out of Spiritual Science as a Pauline aspect is now
                    in its unfolding phase that also is becoming and very likely will
                    become something established, certain, taken for granted and rich,
                    as a common denominator of reality over this next 1000 years. This
                    would tidy up and serve the full Initiation and integration of the
                    Sentient soul fundamentalistic religions over the whole globe to the
                    intellectual soul roots, which would bring Reason to all humanity.
                    Reason raised to the lower step of the Angels..

                    While both Peter and Paul streams also continue and remain growing,
                    Peter fading and changing, elaborated in new ways, as Steiner did
                    with his gospel studies, Peter is absorobed and while the Peter
                    stream is absorbed the unfolding of the higher Consciousness Soul
                    and Spiritual Self visionary stream of John is beginning to unfold.
                    The Christian Community Priests were given the seed germ of a future
                    John Stream.. This John Stream will richly illuminate the
                    Consciousness Soul as never before..Imagine Joseph Campbell on
                    Christ like LSD...all the myths become the Science of the Gods,
                    founded in the science of vision not the mood swings of petty
                    feelings, but living and working with cosmic beings as realities.
                    Because what we fail to understand, because of our little tweeky
                    intellects is that Revelations and John is a Science, not a theory,
                    we just don't understand the occult script that has been given.

                    Now in brief, this is how we under stand the tale of the Anti-Christ
                    offered by Soloviev and the unfolding forces of the Sentient Soul;
                    the Intellectual Soul; and the Consciousness Soul. But with a big
                    problem with how we grasp these things, with certainty. Firstly you
                    have to have the certainty of the unfolding of the history of the
                    Peter Stream in all its glory and all its corruption and the vast
                    Institutional dogmatic arms that extend out to every religious
                    inkling in the sentient soul of humanity....all the way through and
                    past Martin Luther etc... to Indulgences, Luciferic infections,
                    typical Priestly Luciferic Girlie Man infections and betrayals.
                    Avarice and the lust for the Gold of the human soul.

                    Now the Pauline experience gets us deeper into Ahriman's country and
                    Science and what answers these mighty issues with links to the
                    Sentient Soul are all that Spritual Science brings to integrating a
                    concept of Ahriman and a new foundation of Gaiosophy and Goetheanism
                    in Science depth...Each person growing in the centuries to come,
                    with a deeper grasp of the line where human freedom arises against
                    the solid, SinLEss, guiltless pursuit of learning in Freedom.
                    Shadowed against the Orwellian current Neocon NewsSpeak.

                    The full battle centers around where you, yourself and I are the
                    whole trinity to worshipped as the core of your conscience. That is
                    why the POF is the solid rock out of which the Pauline Stream is
                    built. Me-Myself-and I. Meaning yu.

                    One has to project cultural insights into also slow and tragic
                    learnings that have impacted us through time with the Peter stream,
                    that now, in this Michael age, is the perfect fuel for the Intellect
                    and fuel to become truly Pauline in its realtion to self as the I AM
                    is the authority of the Self, not some outside Church or Government
                    over the I. But the I Am coming into its own authority and
                    outgrowing the Peter training wheels. These are the projected
                    outlines of the trials that are rumbling under the culture of today.
                    We can measure our battle by the essay that has been linked above.

                    And the article I linked to? That is how, excuse me while I go deep
                    here, All the souls in America, lost in the confusion of
                    Fundamentalism and GWB and this trial of soul, have incarnated in
                    America from their previous European destinies. What have they
                    brought with them? Were they mainly just idiotic confused peasants
                    who obeyed and assisted in murdering Cathars, and laughing at the
                    Burning of Joan and cheering at the torture and Inquistions and in
                    terror of Priests.. YUP... Some even from Genghis Khan and Plague
                    ravaged cities. they came from Europe with a retarded field of
                    Sentient Soul substance. Do beings play with this retarded soul
                    substance? Yes they do.

                    What of those who struggled with culture, adventured, explored,
                    lived in thoughtful and rich experiences of the Bible, universities,
                    different cultures, wondered at the latest inventions, thought
                    Newton was exciting, kept their growing interest in the world
                    without mucking about with every whim of Priestcraft... well, their
                    here too, at least in the U.S. With this we can see the track
                    record and report card of the past Peter stream and the demands of
                    the future Pauline stream and the Michael School. We are in the
                    process of building a whole new stream into the shattered
                    foundations of the Peter stream.

                    Because we are building ourselves and our soul structures together
                    in a world we share one thing just doesn't neatly follow on the
                    other. That is why stupid, stupid, stupid Anthros, haven't fully
                    digested the momentous incision that Spiritual Science means in the
                    changing of mighty streams, and why Steiner/Aquinas was given the
                    job. And it is not an argument that a Scientist of the caliber of
                    Steiner is blowing smoke when he outlines a Sentient Soul and an
                    Intellectual Soul and a Consciousness soul. This is where I get to
                    say, stupid, stupid, stupid Anthros blundering around sucking their
                    thumbs. It is our failure to see the outline of the unfolding Christ
                    tutoring program that is upon us and look into the details of how we
                    grow humanism, conscience and insight so that our I AM begins to
                    take over where the over fed, fat, hog eared and sickened Priestly
                    crew have dried up.

                    In summary, this is all part of the path back to the Father through
                    the growth of Cognition. Are we there yet? Not even close. So for
                    heavens sake people, get with the program and get a clue as to how
                    we rebuild and strengthen the Pauline conscience from the limp and
                    stiff hair spray of phony Fundamentalism. The film "Hair Spray"
                    reflects the stagnant fat, hog ugliness of how the Sentient Soul
                    looks when it traps itself in its own fundamental delusions. And
                    Susskinds article has touched the nerve.
                  • holderlin66
                    Message 9 of 22 , Oct 21, 2004
                      holderlin wrote:

                      correction

                      Along with other first draft errors,

                      well, their
                      here too,

                      Should probably be, well, they're here too,
                    • holderlin66
                      Message 10 of 22 , Oct 22, 2004
                        How to detect the Michael season? I heard the groan of the Houston
                        Astros; the contest of the world series is upon us; and this little
                        trite issue of the contest of the Empire of the Orwellians against
                        the Empire of the global humanists. We can feel it in the writing of
                        our fellow warriors, we hear it only if we listen with a Michael
                        heart tuned to this the second stop gap phase of the Michael period.
                        Where are we in time? What rises up to meet us is literally this
                        familiar beast, and it is no allegory. We have walked this way
                        before and saw it not. We either connect it to the pulse of courage
                        in this Michael period or we continue to dance with our sweet
                        platitudes. We either find richness in each others company and
                        companionship or we bring the richness of the world into our little
                        rabbit hole.

                        http://www.smirkingchimp.com/print.php?sid=18373

                        "... For Bush, as for Mao in the all-devouring Great Leap
                        Forward, "discernible reality" has no meaning: political, cultural,
                        economic, scientific truth - even the fundamental processes of
                        nature, even human nature itself - must give way to the faith-
                        statements of ideology, ruthlessly applied by unbending zealots.

                        Thus the reality-twisting assertions of Bush's ideologues: The
                        conquered will welcome their killers. The poor will be happy to
                        slave for the rich. The earth can sustain any amount of damage
                        without lasting harm. The loss of rights is essential to liberty.
                        War without end is the only way to peace. Corruption and cronyism
                        lead to universal prosperity. Dissent is evil; dissenters are "with
                        the terrorists." But God is with the Leader; whatever he does is
                        righteous, even if in the eyes of unbelievers - the "reality-based
                        community" - his acts are criminal: aggressive war that kills
                        thousands of innocent people, widespread torture, secret
                        assassinations, imprisonment without charges or trial, electoral
                        subversion.

                        Indeed, the doctrine "Gott mit Uns" is the linchpin of the Bush
                        Cult. Tens of millions of Americans have now embraced the Cult's
                        fusion of Bush's leadership with Divine Will. As a Bush volunteer in
                        Missouri told Suskind: "I just believe God controls everything, and
                        God uses the president to keep evil down...God gave us this
                        president to be the man to protect the nation at this time." God
                        appointed Bush; thus Bush's acts are Godly. It's a circular, self-
                        confirming mindset that can't be penetrated by reason or facts,
                        can't be shaken by crimes and scandals. That's why Bush's core
                        support - comprising almost half of the electorate - stays rock-
                        solid, despite the manifest failures of his administration. It's
                        based on blind faith, on poisonous fantasy: simple, flattering
                        ("We're uniquely good, we're God's special nation!"), comforting,
                        complete - so unlike the harsh, bewildering, splintered shards of
                        real life.

                        This closed mindset is constantly reinforced by the ubiquitous
                        rightwing media - evoking the threat of demonic enemies on every
                        side, relentlessly manufacturing righteous outrage with distortion
                        and deceit - and by Bush's appearances (epiphanies?) at his
                        carefully-screened rallies, where even the slightest hint of
                        demurral from his Godly greatness is ruthlessly expunged. For
                        example, three schoolteachers were ejected from a Bush rally under
                        threat of arrest last week: not for protesting - they hadn't said a
                        word - but merely for wearing t-shirts that read, "Protect Our Civil
                        Liberties." Thus the faithful "create the new reality" of undivided
                        loyalty to the Leader. And it's clear that the very idea of "civil
                        liberties" is now a dangerous blasphemy in the divinvely-sanctioned
                        Empire.

                        The dogma of Bush's godliness is no mere rhetorical flourish; it's
                        being forged with blood and iron. Consider General Jerry Boykin,
                        who, in uniform, toured churches across America, declaring openly
                        that "George W. Bush was not elected by the majority of the American
                        people; he was appointed by God" to lead his "Christian nation"
                        against Satan and the "idol-worshippers" of Islam, as Salon.com
                        reports. Bush then made Boykin the Pentagon's chief of military
                        intelligence - the point man for wringing information out of Islamic
                        captives in the "war on terror." The result - confirmed even by the
                        Pentagon's own anemic investigations - was a military intelligence
                        system gone berserk, systematically torturing and occasionally
                        murdering prisoners who, as the Red Cross notes, were overwhelmingly
                        innocent of any crime. Bush signed orders removing these prisoners
                        from the protection of U.S. and international law; Boykin's boys
                        then visited divine wrath upon the heathens. But these atrocities
                        cannot be crimes, because Bush and Boykin are, in the general's own
                        phraseology, "Kingdom warriors" in the "army of God."

                        This isn't "politics as usual" - not even an extreme version of it,
                        not McCarthyism revisited, Reaganism times two, or Nixon in a
                        Stetson hat. There's never been anything like it in American life
                        before: a messianic cult backed by vast corporate power, a massive
                        cadre of religious zealots, a highly disciplined party, an
                        overwhelming media machine and the mammoth force of history's most
                        powerful government - all led by men who "create new realities" out
                        of lies, blood, theft and torment.

                        Their "empire" - their Death-Cult, their power-mania - is an old
                        madness come again, an old heresy in new form, another outbreak of
                        the fever, the deep soul-sickness that devoured so many nations in
                        the last century. Now it's come to America. After decades of sliding
                        toward the abyss - blithely, blindly, drunk with corruption, letting
                        democracy and justice wither on the vine - now we are here at last,
                        in the heart of darkness."
                      • Danny F.
                        Message 11 of 22 , Oct 23, 2004
                          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "holderlin66"
                          <holderlin66@h...> wrote:

                          > holderlin wrote:
                          > While both Peter and Paul streams also continue and remain
                          growing,
                          > Peter fading and changing, elaborated in new ways, as Steiner did
                          > with his gospel studies, Peter is absorobed and while the Peter
                          > stream is absorbed the unfolding of the higher Consciousness Soul
                          > and Spiritual Self visionary stream of John is beginning to unfold.
                          > The Christian Community Priests were given the seed germ of a
                          future
                          > John Stream.. This John Stream will richly illuminate the
                          > Consciousness Soul as never before..Imagine Joseph Campbell on
                          > Christ like LSD...all the myths become the Science of the Gods,
                          > founded in the science of vision not the mood swings of petty
                          > feelings, but living and working with cosmic beings as realities.
                          > Because what we fail to understand, because of our little tweeky
                          > intellects is that Revelations and John is a Science, not a theory,
                          > we just don't understand the occult script that has been given.

                          RAIN, RAIN, AND SUN! A RAINBOW IN THE SKY!
                          A young man will be wiser by and by;
                          An old man's wit may wander ere he die.
                          Rain Rain and sun! a rainbow on the lea!
                          A truth is this to me, and that to thee:
                          And truth or clothed or naked be.
                          Rain, sun, and rain! and the free blossom blow;
                          Sun, rain, and sun! and where is he who knows?
                          From the great deep to the great deep he goes."
                          --Tennyson, "The Coming of Arthur"

                          Now overhead a rainbow, bursting through
                          The scattering clouds, shone, spanning the dark sea,
                          Resting its bright base on the quivering blue,
                          And all within its arch appeared to be
                          Clearer than that without, and its wide hue
                          Waxed broad and waving, like a banner free,
                          Then changed like to a bow that's bent, and then
                          Forsook the dim eyes of those shipwrecked men.

                          It changed of course -- a heavenly chameleon,
                          The airy child of vapour and the sun,
                          Brought forth in purple, cradled in vermilion,
                          Baptized in molten gold and swathed in dun,
                          Glittering like crescents o'er a Turk's pavilion
                          And blending every colour into one...

                          Our shipwrecked seamen thought it a good omen;
                          It is as well to think so now and then.
                          'Twas an old custom of the Greek and Roman,
                          And may become of great advantage when
                          Folks are discouraged; and most surely no men
                          Had greater need to nerve themselves again
                          Than those, and so this rainbow looked like hope,
                          Quite a celestial kaleidoscope.
                          --George Gordon, Lord Byron, Don Juan, Canto II, 1819
                        • Danny F.
                          Message 12 of 22 , Oct 23, 2004
                            kaleidoscope

                            \Ka*lei"do*scope\, n. [Gr. ? beautiful + ? form + -scope.] An
                            instrument invented by Sir David Brewster, which contains loose
                            fragments of colored glass, etc., and reflecting surfaces so arranged
                            that changes of position exhibit its contents in an endless variety
                            of beautiful colors and symmetrical forms. It has been much employed
                            in arts of design.

                            Definitions of mosaic:

                            noun: art consisting of a design made of small pieces of colored
                            stone or glass
                            noun: assembly of aerial photographs forming a composite picture
                            noun: transducer formed by the light-sensitive surface on a
                            television camera tube
                            noun: a pattern resembling a mosaic
                            adjective: of or relating to Moses or the laws and writings
                            attributed to him
                            Example: "Mosaic Law"
                            adjective: decorated with small pieces of colored glass or stone
                            fitted together
                            Example: "A mosaic floor"

                            Message 13 of 22 , Oct 24, 2004
                              http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/orwell_goldstein_1984.html

                              "Crimestop means the faculty of stopping short, as though by
                              instinct, at the threshold of any dangerous thought. It includes the
                              power of not grasping analogies, of failing to perceive logical
                              errors, of misunderstanding the simplest arguments if they are
                              inimical to Ingsoc, and of being bored or repelled by any train of
                              thought which is capable of leading in a heretical direction.
                              Crimestop, in short, means protective stupidity."

                              Bradford comments;

                              Back a couple of topics, Michael Past and Present, there is a link
                              to the Soloviev Anti-Christ document. Now sharing with each other is
                              wonderful thing, if you make clear what you are sharing. If you give
                              trails to how the thought forces link themselves up so that, if, if,
                              by the wide, outside chance, that we actually had more than eight
                              thinkers on this list, maybe ten or twelve, we could connect what is
                              here presented as Ahrimanic Orweillian insights, the above being the
                              actions of Egregorical Ahrimanic elementals in the thought sphere,
                              and infecting current a large base of the American Population under
                              Fundamentalistic percepts. This includes the full poisoning of our
                              current President of the United States. His soul has been the
                              experiment for a full poisoning of deception and a corruption of his
                              own humanism...He is eclipsed by his own Egregoriclal Ahrimanic
                              forces.

                              The difference between the psychological profile of a spoiled rich
                              kid who cannot every admit an error and who blatantly thinks that
                              showing any type of thoughtful consideration, contemplation, is
                              showing weakness, who is rigid, arrogant, and selfish; against a
                              human being, idealist, who called the Viet Nam war what it was when
                              he was young, who served, who attempted and maintained his idealism
                              as a human, yet both these examples attended the Skull and Bones
                              club. One was a cheerleader the other captain of the debating team
                              who respected the realm of thought. The profiles have become ever
                              clearer to the eyes and the danger of one is greater than the danger
                              of the other, but that doesn't mean that we still can't be ambushed.

                              These forces that Orwell describes in the opening quote at the top
                              of this study reveals what hides in our thoughts. Soloviev shows
                              that the platform for making the Anti-Christ in the 21st century has
                              everything to do with how Good and Evil are pivoted as destructive
                              anti-christ political weapons. This insight from Soloviev appears,
                              like this:

                              "The Antichrist will blur the edges of the apocalyptic rift between
                              morality and the cross, between cultural progress and the
                              resurrection of the dead. He will permit Christianity to merge into
                              this synthesis as one positive element. 'Christ divided men in terms
                              of good and evil; I shall unite them through the benefits of
                              salvation, which are necessary to good and evil alike. Christ
                              brought the sword, but I bring peace. He threatened the earth with a
                              terrible Last judgment; but I shall be the last judge, and my
                              judgment is one of grace.'

                              Satan fills his son with his spirit; his soul is filled with a
                              glacial abundance of enormous power, courage and effortless skill.
                              He composes a manifesto, The Open Path to World Peace and Welfare,
                              an all-embracing programme that unites all contradictions in itself--
                              the highest degree of freedom of thought and a comprehension of
                              every mystical system, unrestricted individualism and a glowing
                              devotion to the general good.

                              He establishes a European union of states, then a world monarchy,
                              satisfies the needs of all the poor without perceptibly affecting
                              the rich and founds an inter-confessional institute for free
                              biblical research. "

                              Bradford concludes;

                              Orwell might have written chapter two from the anti-christ. From
                              Soloviev to George Orwell to George W. Bush, we are watching the
                              preparations for the true culture of the Anti-christ.

                              When you face yourself and look at yourself in the mirror and say, I
                              AM Here. You might want to place yourself in Time and say, I am here
                              in Time, in the second phase of the Michael Archai Period. I am a
                              human, understudy to the Angelic Kingdom, and above me, the Mighty
                              Archai Michael has dropped his cosmic wisdom down for me to
                              understand and catch hold of.

                              Below me the Archai Ahriman is nesting in the politics of the
                              current West breeding anti-soul infections in men. It has spread
                              into the media and press and it currently is all that both Orwell
                              and Soloviev outlined and all that Steiner and the Michael School
                              have outlined. When I look into this mirror before me, I see myself,
                              me and I, and I understand that the layers of thinking that I see
                              when I look inward are not understood, connected, brought together
                              or clarified by hardly three people of anyone I have known on Earth.
                              In fact, from my mirror, I could not explain what I understand. If
                              I tried to explain I would be laughed at.

                              Even if George Orwell was not laughed at, nor should Steiner, nor
                              should Soloviev, nor should we. We are looking at facts. These are
                              facts we are looking at. The thought would like to leap around like
                              a Kangeroo but these are facts you must run into. This is obviously
                              not a laughing matter, except that the astral body of man, humans,
                              cannot see and cope with the madness.

                              The madness is knowing that egregorial elementals exist in the
                              dogmas and entrained thinking, guilt and dynamics of thought and
                              part of their profound early inception and training arose directly
                              from the Catholic church and today...Well Orwell described exactly
                              the mechanism of how Ahrimanic elemental beings have lodged in the
                              thinking process. There it is, it is quoted above and it is
                              Goetheanistically true, we can observe it in ourselves in a wide
                              swath of humanity how cannot come to terms with their I AM's.

                              What do Truth and Science, Truth and Knowledge and the Philsophy of
                              Freedom do to this Egregorical disease? Well, first of all knowing
                              and diagnosing the location of the infection and purging it by self
                              observation can also be helped, urged forward, with a study of the
                              Philosophy of Freedom.

                              That is why, that is why Dr. Steiner thought these books would be
                              important in the future. For here we find ourselves in an enormous
                              thought trap. A trap that many are not falling for but do not know
                              exactly what it is and why others are so duped. But we also see the
                              horrific danger that many are falling for and into this trap. And
                              we, the individual I AM's, the adults in charge, cannot find the
                              muscle of thought to explain this either to ourselves, friends, or
                              teach new things to our children. We cannot find the limberness to
                              bring these ideas right to the heart of darkness and light the right
                              match so that the very match we light, dispels the dark egregorial
                              beings that have attached themselves like lint to the soul. Briars
                              of the Soul, prickly corkscrew beings that were rightly depicted on
                              the Stained glass windows of the Goetheanum Grosse Saal.

                              But of course, you don't and have never seen the corckscrew beings
                              on the Stained glass windows of the Grosse Saal have you?
                            • holderlin66
                              Message 14 of 22 , Nov 1, 2004
                                http://www.alternet.org/election04/20360/

                                ..."When governments go mad, not many eminent observers will allow
                                themselves even to see it, much less comment on it. Rather than
                                shout out the awful truth – i.e., that the emperor is not just
                                naked, but insane – those with large investments in the status quo
                                would much prefer to hold that there's a method to the madness, that
                                the man on top is crazy like a fox ("Come on, he's only saying that,
                                to please his base!"), or that he's just a figurehead, with wiser
                                others close at hand to keep him an eye on him. To claim otherwise
                                would be alarmist and naive, while those professionals in the know
                                know better than to think that what has obviously happened here has
                                obviously happened here. Thus the pundit comes across as a more
                                reasonable person than those scary few who tell the truth out loud;
                                and yet that soothing view is founded less on any rational analysis
                                than on the pundit's sense of his own rationality, which he
                                projects, complacently, onto the zealots at the top.

                                Such calming fantasy is surely not unique to high-end bloviators.
                                All of us are prone to see things as we'd rather see them; and so
                                it's only natural that most of us have looked away, and tried to
                                change the subject, as the world has taken this apocalyptic turn. Of
                                course, American democracy depends upon the press to counteract this
                                self-delusive tendency; and yet the American press has been
                                especially resolved not to perceive the clear and present danger. So
                                have the Democrats, despite their formal status as the opposition
                                party. Unrestrained by any check or balance, then, the Bushevik
                                machine has rolled right over us, so that we're almost out of
                                breath, just at the moment when we need to scream our loudest at
                                this fatal pressure.

                                Many good Americans have clammed up not because the Busheviks have
                                cunningly concealed their revolutionary program: on the contrary. It
                                is Bush/Cheney's very brazenness that has long awed the opposition
                                into silence. First of all, the rational have often been intimidated
                                by the sheer outrageousness of Bush & Co.'s deeds and claims:

                                The president remembers 9/11, and takes great pride in what he did
                                that day.

                                What? Bush? George W. Bush – who, although forewarned repeatedly,
                                did nothing to prevent the terrorist attacks, and ran away on 9/11,
                                and later worked like mad to stop, then thwart, a full inquiry?

                                This nation is now safer, thanks to Bush.

                                This nation? Safer? With a president whose henchmen purposely
                                exposed an intel agent dedicated to preventing terrorists from
                                sneaking bio-weapons, poison gas and atom bombs into this country? A
                                president who has done almost nothing to secure our ports, borders,
                                tunnels, railways, highways, airways, nuclear reactors and petro-
                                chemical facilities? A president who might as well be working as the
                                top recruitment officer for the international Islamist movement?

                                We have been daunted not just by the scale of Bush & Co.'s
                                transgressions, but also by their stunning quantity. How could
                                anyone keep up with so profuse a record of big lies and gigantic
                                wrongs? No previous White House, however tarnished, could approach
                                Bush/Cheney's for the scope or the diversity of its corruption: not
                                McKinley's, not Harding's, not even Nixon's, not Ronald Reagan's
                                (contrary to the rightist propaganda, Clinton's was among the least
                                corrupt administrations in modern history). Nor has any prior
                                leadership – in this country, at any rate – so often said one thing
                                and then done differently, or claimed the opposite of what it
                                actually had done. From the moment they siezed power, just after
                                having posed as "moderate" and/or "conservative" for months,
                                Bush/Cheney hit the ground goose-stepping, making every
                                revolutionary change they could, and just as readily lying about
                                every one. To find a government of comparable perverseness would
                                require that we depart the realm of history altogether, and turn
                                instead to George Orwell's nightmarish Oceania, where
                                Bush's "Healthy Forests" and "Clear Skies," his "Help America Vote
                                Act" and his "culture of life," and all his automatic plaudits
                                for "democracy" and "freedom," would sound just as natural as they
                                sound demented in the world we live in now.

                                In the face of so perverse a movement, what can any reasonable
                                person say? While argument against it is essential, arguing with it
                                is impossible, as it does not share with us any premises of rational
                                exchange. To all points of dissent, it says, "Who cares what you
                                think?" To all contrary evidence, it says, "I believe what I believe
                                is right." And to the offer that we might at least agree to
                                disagree, it says: "Go fuck yourself." Rage is finally all there is
                                to it; and so there is more to do than just rage back at it, as that
                                alone will only keep them going and ourselves stuck in an endless
                                shouting match, in which we're always made to sound defensive,
                                although in the right..."
                              • holderlin66

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jul 11, 2005
                                    "In Superpower Syndrome, an insightful paperback published in 2003,
                                    psychiatrist Robert Jay Lifton wrote of how, in the wake of the 9/11
                                    attacks, the Bush administration "responded apocalyptically to an
                                    apocalyptic challenge"; of how, facing Islamist fanaticism, it
                                    offered its own version of a fundamentalist "world war without end";
                                    of how it perversely partnered up with al-Qaeda in a strange global
                                    dance of animosity."

                                    http://www.lewrockwell.com/engelhardt/engelhardt94.html

                                    Bradford wrote;

                                    "The Avignon Presidency is exactly this.
                                    A spoiled rotten Phillip the Fair, fed with cunning advisers that
                                    bankrupt the entire empire of the Church. It is an overlay that
                                    STeiner also presents in his Mexican Mysteries and Templars and all
                                    we have to do is to see how the puzzle fits from 1332 to now. Now go
                                    out and explain this to those in your community. It is very simple
                                    give us Barabbas, give us Barabbas is shouted now with give us
                                    George Bush, give us George Bush."

                                    Portraits and sketches of the Avignon President. Underneath the skin
                                    of this Texas reptile sucked into the Bush genome is a sado-spoiled,
                                    pouting French Sorathian model that was used to make the former
                                    Sorathian Avignon monster, Philip the Fair. And Bush fits this time
                                    tested historical model produced by Sorathian interests like a
                                    french glove.

                                    "More than anything else, as I watched him that morning in
                                    Gleneagles, Scotland, I was filled with a sense of sadness that we
                                    had reached such a perilous moment with such a man, or really – for
                                    here is my deepest suspicion – such a man-child in power. Yes, he
                                    genuinely believes in his war on terror, even as he and his advisors
                                    use it to his own advantage. And yes, he's good at being, or rather
                                    enacting with all his being, the role of the War on Terror
                                    President. And yet there's something so painfully childlike in the
                                    spectacle of him. Here, after all, is a 59 year-old who loves to
                                    appear in front of massed troops, saying gloriously encouraging and
                                    pugnacious things while being hoo-ah-ed – and almost invariably he
                                    makes such appearances dressed in some custom-made military jacket
                                    with "commander in chief" specially stitched across his heart, just
                                    as he landed on the deck of the USS Abraham Lincoln back in May 2003
                                    in a Navy pilot's outfit. Who could imagine Abe himself, that most
                                    civilian of wartime presidents, or Franklin D. Roosevelt, or Dwight
                                    D. Eisenhower, a real general, wearing such G.I. Joe-style play
                                    outfits?

                                    Let's face it. George Bush likes dress-up. What a video game is to a
                                    teenager, the Presidency seems to be to this man. It's a free pass
                                    to the movies with him playing that brave warrior part. All in all,
                                    I'm afraid to say, it must be fun."

                                    Psychological profile:

                                    "... extolled the strength of resolve of the other G-8 leaders by
                                    comparing it to his own [GWB] ("I was most impressed by the resolve
                                    of all the leaders in the room. Their resolve is as strong as my
                                    resolve."); and he presented for the umpteenth time his Manichaean
                                    vision of a world of good and evil in which he and his
                                    administration are unhesitatingly the representatives of all
                                    goodness. ("[T]he contrast couldn't be clearer between the
                                    intentions and the hearts of those of us who care deeply about human
                                    rights and human liberty, and those who kill – those who have got
                                    such evil in their heart that they will take the lives of innocent
                                    folks.")

                                    "There's something so confoundingly dream-like about all this, so
                                    fantastic, even absurd, especially set against the background of the
                                    murder of random people taking public transportation in one of the
                                    globe's great cities. As reality grows ever darker, our President
                                    never ventures far from his scripted version of a fictional world
                                    that is nowhere to be seen. Let's keep in mind that this was the
                                    same President who, only the day before in Denmark, had launched a
                                    vigorous, completely ludicrous defense of his Guantánamo prison
                                    complex. Just two weeks earlier, his Vice President had pointed out –
                                    as if he were making one of those Caribbean tourist ads – that the
                                    prisoners there were lucky to be housed and fed so admirably in the
                                    balmy "tropics." Now, the President was practically proffering
                                    tickets to those tropics for Europeans who wanted to check the
                                    situation out for themselves. ("[T]he prisoners are well-treated in
                                    Guantánamo. There's total transparency. The International Red Cross
                                    can inspect any time, any day. And you're welcome to go. The press,
                                    of course, is welcome to go down to Guantánamo… There's very few
                                    prison systems around the world that have seen such scrutiny as this
                                    one. And for those of you here on the continent of Europe who have
                                    doubt, I'd suggest buying an airplane ticket and going down and
                                    look – take a look for yourself.")

                                    "It was certainly a unique vacation package he was offering. As it
                                    happens, Jane Mayer of the New Yorker magazine took one of those
                                    tickets and, even getting a military dog-and-pony show at the
                                    prison, was struck by "the utter lack of due process" in the one
                                    trial-like proceeding she saw. ("It looked like a court hearing, but
                                    there were no lawyers.") The place – despite having its own
                                    Starbucks for the Americans – struck her as a giant dystopian
                                    experiment in mind manipulation."

                                    "... reality... means nothing to our President, who assures the
                                    world that he's the defender of "human rights" against the forces of
                                    evil. Guantánamo is but the tip of the offshore archipelago of
                                    injustice sponsored with enthusiasm by him, his top officials, his
                                    lawyers, et al. In fact, the "human rights and human liberties"
                                    President and his men have created such an ungodly mess at home and
                                    in the world that trying to tackle any of his tightly held fantasies
                                    point by point is a nearly impossible task, the equivalent of
                                    cleaning out the Augean stables. But put that aside for a moment.
                                    Whatever he may be – and it's worth saying this exactly at such a
                                    moment – George Bush is simply not the representative of good. While
                                    holding up the banner of democracy, he and his men, experts in vote
                                    suppression and gerrymandering on their home turf, have created an
                                    ever less democratic, more intolerant, more police-ridden, more
                                    liberties-impaired America. That's simply their record on the
                                    ground. But after a while, as you watch the carnage from London to
                                    Baghdad, you say these things – or write them – and then you just
                                    throw up your hands in despair. Why write more? "

                                    "I keep thinking: Who let these children out in the world on their
                                    own? Obviously the American people, in some state of global denial,
                                    did. It's strange, but I can't get out of my mind an image that Bush
                                    administration officials, from the President on down, were using
                                    regularly back in 2003–2004. They often quite publicly compared the
                                    Iraqis to a child taking his first wobbly bike ride (assumedly on a
                                    democratic path) under the administration's tutelage. There was
                                    Washington, the kindly adult, stooped over, helping balance that
                                    ungainly kid, or trying to decide whether this was the moment to
                                    take off those training wheels and let the child take an initial
                                    spin on his own, chancing of course a spill.

                                    "In May of 2004, for instance, the President, according to a CBS
                                    News report, "sought to rally Republican lawmakers around his Iraq
                                    plan..., saying Iraqis are ready to `take the training wheels off'
                                    by assuming some political power." Secretary of Defense Rumsfeld
                                    spoke similarly in March of that year: "Getting Iraq straightened
                                    out, he said, was like teaching a kid to ride a bike: `They're
                                    learning, and you're running down the street holding on to the back
                                    of the seat. You know that if you take your hand off they could
                                    fall, so you take a finger off and then two fingers, and pretty soon
                                    you're just barely touching it. You can't know when you're running
                                    down the street how many steps you're going to have to take. We
                                    can't know that, but we're off to a good start.'" And from
                                    Undersecretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz to L. Paul Bremer, head of
                                    the Coalition Provisional Authority in Baghdad, others chimed in
                                    similarly.

                                    "Of course, all of this was a lie of an image and not just because
                                    it was classically patronizing and colonial. After all, if you
                                    wanted to extend the image, you would have to say that the American
                                    parent helping that sweet child learn how to bike was also
                                    plundering the child's future college fund, looting his future
                                    patrimony, and turning his life into a swirl of deadly chaos. Take
                                    off those wheels and let him wobble around that first corner and he
                                    was likely to be knocked off his bike by an RPG round and find
                                    himself in a hospital without supplies run by doctors who were
                                    either being assassinated or fleeing the country."

                                    "The war on terror goes on..." What a thing to say. We are now in a
                                    destabilizing world, and it will undoubtedly only get worse as
                                    George Bush's "war" to stop terror goes on and on and on. The Bush
                                    administration will never cease to lend a hand – no matter what it
                                    thinks it's doing – to those evil ones who will take innocent lives
                                    without a blink. It is ever ready to destabilize the oil heartlands
                                    of our planet, what not so long ago was regularly called "the arc of
                                    instability" (before any of our pundits really knew what instability
                                    was all about). The two countries the Bush administration has
                                    occupied are both dismally failed states effectively ruled by no
                                    one. One is now proudly held up by the President as the central
                                    theater in the war on terror, the other is the prime narco-state on
                                    the planet. And it's clear that only the revealed weakness of a
                                    military giant that turned out to be incapable of imposing its will
                                    on two of the weaker states on Earth has prevented further radical
                                    acts of "decapitation," armed "regime change," and thoroughgoing
                                    destabilization"

                                    "It is perhaps an insult to children to compare the Bush
                                    administration to them, but I'm at a loss for images. I'm a deeply
                                    civil person. If I had my choice, like so many people in this world
                                    of ours, I would simply wash my hands of their apocalypts and ours.
                                    Unfortunately, that's not possible. Theirs, at least, are someone
                                    else's responsibility, but George and his malign fictional worlds
                                    are, it seems, mine."
                                  • Stephen Hale
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jul 11, 2005
                                      The only problem here, Bradford, is that you're giving people doses
                                      of brutal reality that they aren't necessarily ready for receiving.
                                      But these comments below tie in with much of what is really
                                      important today, especially for anthros. And, for me, I don't see
                                      much of this getting home to the oh-so-conservative ASiA or GAS.

                                      It should be leading-edge, though.

                                      Steve

                                      <holderlin66@h...> wrote:
> [...]
                                      on
                                      > the planet. And it's clear that only the revealed weakness of a
                                      > military giant that turned out to be incapable of imposing its
                                      will
                                      > on two of the weaker states on Earth has prevented further radical
                                      > acts of "decapitation," armed "regime change," and thoroughgoing
                                      > destabilization"
                                      >
                                      > "It is perhaps an insult to children to compare the Bush
                                      > administration to them, but I'm at a loss for images. I'm a deeply
                                      > civil person. If I had my choice, like so many people in this
                                      world
                                      > of ours, I would simply wash my hands of their apocalypts and
                                      ours.
                                      > Unfortunately, that's not possible. Theirs, at least, are someone
                                      > else's responsibility, but George and his malign fictional worlds
                                    • holderlin66
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jul 13, 2005
                                        "Perhaps Bob Dylan laid out the course we must now take almost 40
                                        years ago: "Strike another match, go start anew: It's all over now,
                                        baby blue." Perhaps from the ruins we'll be able to construct a new
                                        republic one day. But for now, the agonizing, world-churning death-
                                        agony of the old republic goes on, with no end yet in sight."

                                        holderlin wrote:

                                        "The Avignon Presidency is exactly this.
                                        A spoiled rotten Phillip the Fair, fed with cunning advisers that
                                        bankrupt the entire empire of the Church. It is an overlay that
                                        STeiner also presents in his Mexican Mysteries and Templars and all
                                        we have to do is to see how the puzzle fits from 1332 to now. Now go
                                        out and explain this to those in your community. It is very simple
                                        give us Barabbas, give us Barabbas is shouted now with give us
                                        George Bush, give us George Bush."

                                        Portraits and sketches of the Avignon President. Underneath the skin
                                        of this Texas reptile sucked into the Bush genome is a sado-spoiled,
                                        pouting French Sorathian model that was used to make the former
                                        Sorathian Avignon monster, Philip the Fair. And Bush fits this time
                                        tested historical model produced by Sorathian interests like a
                                        french glove."

                                        http://www.smirkingchimp.com/print.php?sid=21908

                                        "Bob Herbert, who has been incandescent for months now, usefully
                                        reminds us of the comedy routine that Bush performed for a
                                        sycophantic audience of TV and radio "journalists" back in March
                                        2004: the infamous "hunt for WMD" in the Oval Office. As you'll
                                        recall, this was a series of cutesy shots showing Bush peering
                                        behind the office curtains, looking under the rug while cracking
                                        wise: "No weapons of mass destruction under here! Maybe they're over
                                        here?" and so on.

                                        I thought then - and still think - that this performance was one of
                                        the most revealing - and sickening - episodes in American political
                                        history. The cynicism of it defies belief, outstrips all
                                        comprehension. Imagine sending men and women to die - and to kill -
                                        in a war over weapons of mass destruction, then joking about the
                                        fact that no weapons were ever found. All this, while thousands
                                        continued to die, including your own soldiers.

                                        The fact that Bush would engage so openly in such murderous cynicism
                                        was a telling revelation: it showed, or rather confirmed, that
                                        America was being led by a brutal, mocking, heedless Caligula, a
                                        spoiled, shallow, vain and selfish fool, a moral psychopath
                                        incapable of ordinary human empathy. The reaction of
                                        the "journalists" present was another soul-sinking revelation: they
                                        laughed. Oh, how they laughed. "What a kidder this Dubya is, eh?
                                        What important insiders we all are - real players, tough and savvy -
                                        sharing this special moment of "knowing" laughter with the
                                        president!" As far as I know, not a single person walked out in
                                        protest, not a single "journalist" refused to take part in this open
                                        mockery of the dead - our own, and the tens of thousands of Iraqis
                                        who had died for the WMD chimera that Bush now found so funny.

                                        All this was bad enough: Caligula ruled us, and the press were
                                        nothing more than fat, lazy poodles dozing at his feet. But then
                                        something even more extraordinary and equally disheartening
                                        happened: the Democratic Party simply ignored the incident in the
                                        months of presidential campaigning that followed!

                                        Imagine the devastating effect of campaign ads showing Bush's silly,
                                        mincing clown act to the general public, over and over, along with
                                        shots of the war's destruction, of American wounded, etc., with grim
                                        voiceovers: "President Bush thinks the war in Iraq is funny. He
                                        thinks it's a joke that there were no weapons of mass destruction
                                        there - none at all - even though that's why he said we had to go to
                                        war. Ask the hundreds of our sons and daughters who have died in
                                        this war if they think it's funny. Ask the grieving parents, the
                                        grieving wives and husbands, the grieving children, if they think
                                        it's funny that we went to war for a fantasy, for a joke. Then ask
                                        yourself: is this man really fit to govern our great nation?"

                                        (Other versions could have used the footage while stressing the fact
                                        that the war had increased terrorism, that Bush had diverted mass
                                        resources from securing ports, chemical/nuke plants, and hunting
                                        down those who attacked the country on 9/11 in order to pursue the
                                        fantasy of Iraqi WMD.)

                                        Imagine having such a political weapon in your hand - and not using
                                        it. It would have touched all the bases: striking a chord with the
                                        uneasiness about the Iraq war felt by much of the population;
                                        educating the general public about Bush's true nature, "getting
                                        around the filter" of the national media that continued to paint him
                                        in the heroic colors of a "war president"; underscoring the blaring
                                        fact that Bush was not the "national security" president, but was in
                                        fact a palpable danger to our national security. Everything the
                                        Democrats said they wanted to do - particularly neutralizing the
                                        security issue - could have been done by using this revolting
                                        performance as a cudgel to beat Bush with, every single day of the
                                        campaign. It would have been 100 times more effective than the
                                        ludicrious gung-ho military drag that John Kerry was festooned with
                                        ("Reporting for duty!"). With such a weapon, they could have swept
                                        to a margin of victory great enough to swamp the extensive but not-
                                        yet universal Bush machinery of vote-fixing.

                                        (And I haven't even mentioned the fact that the words "Abu Ghraib"
                                        never once passed Kerry's lips during the campaign. They couldn't
                                        even attack Bush for staining the honor of our military by involving
                                        it in his foul torture regime, his gulags and hell-holes.)

                                        A party that could not summon the insight, the vision and the will
                                        to exploit such horrendous weaknesses in their opponent - in a race
                                        that was not just an ordinary political contest but a desperately
                                        important turning point in American history, a chance, perhaps the
                                        last chance, to save the Republic - is a dead thing, a useless
                                        dangling appendage, a collection of time-servers, lickspittles,
                                        bribe-takers and morons.

                                        And they have proven this over and over in the months since the 2004
                                        election. How could you have those White House "torture memos" in
                                        your hand - and not mount an all-out war, using every last weapon
                                        you have as the minority party, including the filibuster -- to stop
                                        the nomination of Al Gonzales as attorney general? How could you
                                        simply lay down before Bush's threat to break 200 years of Senate
                                        law with his "nuclear option" on the filibuster by allowing some of
                                        the worst judges in American history to sail through to lifelong
                                        sinecures - all for a "deal" that Frist and the Bushist appartchiks
                                        said they would break whenever they felt like it?

                                        More and more, I have come to think that the March 2004 press dinner
                                        was in fact a wake for the American Republic. Given the reaction -
                                        or rather, the non-reaction - of the Establishment to this
                                        slathering little killer's mockery of his victims, his strutting,
                                        preening celebration of the scam he had put over on the country, it
                                        seems clear that not just the Democratic Party but our democracy
                                        itself is moribund.

                                        Can it be revived at this point, at this late stage? I don't know.
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jul 22, 2005
                                          "Perhaps Bob Dylan laid out the course we must now take almost 40
                                          years ago: "Strike another match, go start anew: It's all over now,
                                          baby blue." Perhaps from the ruins we'll be able to construct a new
                                          republic one day. But for now, the agonizing, world-churning death-
                                          agony of the old republic goes on, with no end yet in sight."

                                          http://context.themoscowtimes.com/story/154771/

                                          "President George W. Bush has granted himself the power to declare
                                          anyone on earth -- including any U.S. citizen -- an "enemy
                                          combatant," for any reason he sees fit. He can render them up for
                                          torture, he can imprison them for life, he can even have them
                                          killed, all without charges, with no burden of proof, no standards
                                          of evidence, no legislative oversight, no appeal, no judicial
                                          process whatsoever except those that he himself deigns to construct,
                                          with whatever limitations he cares to impose. Nor can he ever be
                                          prosecuted for any order he issues, however criminal; in the new
                                          American system laid out by Bush's legal minions, the Commander is
                                          sacrosanct, beyond the reach of any law or constitution.

                                          This is not hyperbole. It is simply the reality of the United States
                                          today. The principle of unrestricted presidential power is now being
                                          codified into law and incorporated into the institutional structures
                                          of the state,..."
                                        • Steve Hale
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Jul 22, 2005
                                            <holderlin66@h...> wrote:
                                            > "Perhaps Bob Dylan laid out the course we must now take almost 40
                                            > years ago: "Strike another match, go start anew: It's all over now,
                                            > baby blue." Perhaps from the ruins we'll be able to construct a new
                                            > republic one day. But for now, the agonizing, world-churning death-
                                            > agony of the old republic goes on, with no end yet in sight."
                                            >
                                            > http://context.themoscowtimes.com/story/154771/
                                            >
                                            > "President George W. Bush has granted himself the power to declare
                                            > anyone on earth -- including any U.S. citizen -- an "enemy
                                            > combatant," for any reason he sees fit. He can render them up for
                                            > torture, he can imprison them for life, he can even have them
                                            > killed, all without charges, with no burden of proof, no standards
                                            > of evidence, no legislative oversight, no appeal, no judicial
                                            > process whatsoever except those that he himself deigns to
                                            construct,
                                            > with whatever limitations he cares to impose. Nor can he ever be
                                            > prosecuted for any order he issues, however criminal; in the new
                                            > American system laid out by Bush's legal minions, the Commander is
                                            > sacrosanct, beyond the reach of any law or constitution.
                                            >
                                            > This is not hyperbole. It is simply the reality of the United
                                            States
                                            > today. The principle of unrestricted presidential power is now
                                            being
                                            > codified into law and incorporated into the institutional
                                            structures
                                            > of the state,..."

                                            Does anyone remember the cover of U.S. News & World Report not long
                                            after 9/11 occurred? It had two profiles displayed; Teddy Roosevelt
                                            on the left, and George Bush on the right. And it was attempting to
                                            make a parallel then between these two. About the say time, someone
                                            was passing around a piece of news about GWB's really low I.Q. And,
                                            if I remember correctly, the scuttlebutt was that we had a real
                                            imbecile for a president. Now, it appears he's gaining unrestricted
                                            powers. But why? JFK got his head blown off for far less than this
                                            guy has accomplished. And rumor has it, he was really only trying
                                            to 'end' this country's involvement in a war.

                                            Steve
                                          • Mike T
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Jul 23, 2005
                                              Steve,
                                              Because GWB is not an intellect, it cannot be that he is the anti Christl is
                                              that how you see it?
                                              Mike T

                                              >From: "Steve Hale" <sardisian01@...>
                                              >To: anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com
                                              >Subject: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Armageddon and the Avignon Presidency
                                              >Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 23:47:41 -0000
                                              >
                                              >--- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "holderlin66"
                                              ><holderlin66@h...> wrote:
                                              > > "Perhaps Bob Dylan laid out the course we must now take almost 40
                                              > > years ago: "Strike another match, go start anew: It's all over now,
                                              > > baby blue." Perhaps from the ruins we'll be able to construct a new
                                              > > republic one day. But for now, the agonizing, world-churning death-
                                              > > agony of the old republic goes on, with no end yet in sight."
                                              > >
                                              > > http://context.themoscowtimes.com/story/154771/
                                              > >
                                              > > "President George W. Bush has granted himself the power to declare
                                              > > anyone on earth -- including any U.S. citizen -- an "enemy
                                              > > combatant," for any reason he sees fit. He can render them up for
                                              > > torture, he can imprison them for life, he can even have them
                                              > > killed, all without charges, with no burden of proof, no standards
                                              > > of evidence, no legislative oversight, no appeal, no judicial
                                              > > process whatsoever except those that he himself deigns to
                                              >construct,
                                              > > with whatever limitations he cares to impose. Nor can he ever be
                                              > > prosecuted for any order he issues, however criminal; in the new
                                              > > American system laid out by Bush's legal minions, the Commander is
                                              > > sacrosanct, beyond the reach of any law or constitution.
                                              > >
                                              > > This is not hyperbole. It is simply the reality of the United
                                              >States
                                              > > today. The principle of unrestricted presidential power is now
                                              >being
                                              > > codified into law and incorporated into the institutional
                                              >structures
                                              > > of the state,..."
                                              >
                                              >Does anyone remember the cover of U.S. News & World Report not long
                                              >after 9/11 occurred? It had two profiles displayed; Teddy Roosevelt
                                              >on the left, and George Bush on the right. And it was attempting to
                                              >make a parallel then between these two. About the say time, someone
                                              >was passing around a piece of news about GWB's really low I.Q. And,
                                              >if I remember correctly, the scuttlebutt was that we had a real
                                              >imbecile for a president. Now, it appears he's gaining unrestricted
                                              >powers. But why? JFK got his head blown off for far less than this
                                              >guy has accomplished. And rumor has it, he was really only trying
                                              >to 'end' this country's involvement in a war.
                                              >
                                              >Steve

                                              Dating? Try Lavalife � get 7 days FREE! Sign up NOW.
                                              http://www.lavalife.com/clickthru/clickthru.act?id=ninemsn&context=an99&a=20233&locale=en_AU&_t=33473
                                            • holderlin66
                                              Message 22 of 22 , Jul 24, 2005
                                                "They show acts "that can only be described as blatantly sadistic,
                                                cruel and inhumane,"

                                                Torguemada and Abu Ghraib open up a vast window of the type of
                                                psychological model, or you might say, etheric and historical
                                                profiles that are used, as both individual symptomology character
                                                studies and historical patterns that arise as we look back in
                                                history to the basis of Philip the Fair and the torture of the
                                                Templars. Not to be taken lightly is how the United States has been
                                                striding towards overthrowing human treatment and human Geneva
                                                Conventions and standards to make way for these older, past models
                                                of behavior that allow older personality and etheric models to arise
                                                again as cultural profiles.

                                                http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?
                                                vnu_content_id=1000990590

                                                "So what is shown on the 87 photographs and four videos from Abu
                                                Ghraib prison that the Pentagon, in an eleventh hour move, blocked
                                                from release this weekend? One clue: Defense Secretary Donald
                                                Rumsfeld told Congress last year, after viewing a large cache of
                                                unreleased images: "I mean, I looked at them last night, and they're
                                                hard to believe." They show acts "that can only be described as
                                                blatantly sadistic, cruel and inhumane," he added.

                                                A Republican Senator suggested the same day they contained scenes
                                                of "rape and murder." No wonder Rumsfeld commented then, "If these
                                                are released to the public, obviously it's going to make matters
                                                worse."

                                                Yesterday, news emerged that lawyers for the Pentagon had refused to
                                                cooperate with a federal judge's order to release dozens of unseen
                                                photographs and videos from Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq by Saturday.
                                                The photos were among thousands turned over by the
                                                key "whistleblower" in the scandal, Specialist Joseph M. Darby. Just
                                                a few that were released to the press sparked the Abu Ghraib abuse
                                                scandal last year, and the video images are said to be even more
                                                shocking.

                                                The Pentagon lawyers said in a letter sent to the federal court in
                                                Manhattan that they would file a sealed brief explaining their
                                                reasons for not turning over the material. They had been ordered to
                                                do so by a federal judge in response to a FOIA lawsuit filed by the
                                                American Civil Liberties Union. The ACLU accused the government
                                                Friday of putting another legal roadblock in the way of its bid to
                                                allow the public to see the images of the prisoner abuse scandal.

                                                One Pentagon lawyer has argued that they should not be released
                                                because they would only add to the humiliation of the prisoners. But
                                                the ACLU has said the faces of the victims can easily be "redacted."

                                                To get a sense of what may be shown in these images, one has to go
                                                back to press reports from when the Abu Ghraib abuse scandal was
                                                still front page news.

                                                This is how CNN reported it on May 8, 2004, in a typical account
                                                that day:

                                                "U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld revealed Friday that videos
                                                and `a lot more pictures' exist of the abuse of Iraqis held at Abu
                                                Ghraib prison.

                                                "'If these are released to the public, obviously it's going to make
                                                matters worse,' Rumsfeld told the Senate Armed Services
                                                Committee. `I mean, I looked at them last night, and they're hard to
                                                believe.'

                                                "The embattled defense secretary fielded sharp and skeptical
                                                questions from lawmakers as he testified about the growing prisoner
                                                abuse scandal. A military report about that abuse describes
                                                detainees being threatened, sodomized with a chemical light and
                                                forced into sexually humiliating poses.

                                                "Rumsfeld told Congress the unrevealed photos and videos contain
                                                acts 'that can only be described as blatantly sadistic, cruel and
                                                inhuman.'"

                                                The military later screened some of the images for lawmakers, who
                                                said they showed, among other things, attack dogs snarling at cowed
                                                prisoners, Iraqi women forced to expose their breasts, and naked
                                                prisoners forced to have sex with each other.

                                                In the same period, reporter Seymour Hersh, who helped uncover the
                                                scandal, said in a speech before an ACLU convention: "Some of the
                                                worse that happened that you don't know about, ok? Videos, there are
                                                women there. Some of you may have read they were passing letters,
                                                communications out to their men….The women were passing messages
                                                saying `Please come and kill me, because of what's happened.'

                                                "Basically what happened is that those women who were arrested with
                                                young boys/children in cases that have been recorded. The boys were
                                                sodomized with the cameras rolling. The worst about all of them is
                                                the soundtrack of the boys shrieking that your government has. They
                                                are in total terror it's going to come out."

                                                OTHER STIRRING NEWS: