Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Anthroposophy and Catholicism

  • Tarjei Straume
    Message 1 of 24 , Oct 1, 2004
      At 18:31 01.10.2004, Herbert Schumacher wrote:

      >Hello. R. Steiner was fond of the TRINITY and of Angel Hierarchies.
      >Therefore there are some connections with catholicism...schuh

      Of course there are. Up until the Reformation, Christianity was largely
      connected to the Catholic Church. Thomas Aquinas was the intellectual
      representative of church theology, which was based upon Biblical texts
      interpreted through "The Philosopher", Aristotle. So in the individuality
      who lived in Aristotle, Aquinas, and Steiner, we have the very architect of
      Christian intellectual thinking.

      With the above in mind, we can see the revolutionary aspect of Steiner's
      message in a proper perspective. He valued the richness of history and art
      and rituals that the church testifies to, but he also expressed the
      necessity for the Christ Impulse to free itself from the clutches of its
      dogmatic theology and passion for authority. What rituals are concerned,
      these have been replaced by those of the CC. We also have new impulses of
      architecture and art; the RC is a museum, a mirror of the past.

      Keep also in mind that the RC killed many of rhe true Christian prophets,
      burned them on the stake, tortured them to death and so on. The history of
      the church is a blood-stained path indeed, just like Islam. Of course there
      are connections between spiritual science and traditional religions; the
      former prepresents the future development of the latter. Old monotheistic
      religions are becoming increasingly decadent, primarily because
      unquestioned authority and blind obedience belong to the past.

      Tarjei
      http://uncletaz.com/
    • gaelman58
      Message 2 of 24 , Oct 2, 2004
        <franksmith@v...> wrote:

        > Gaelman wrote:
        > > Some time ago the fellow from Argentina referred to cowards
        sitting
        > > at computers. Now a man who says "you're full of shit", "that
        makes
        > > you a coward" sitting at his computer would be an example of
        this.
        > > Now the facts would be these: The generalities people make
        about
        > > the Irish are for the most part true. Were we together, you'd
        take
        > > one look at this blue-eyed, stand-up middleweight and out of
        > > prudence you'd curb your tongue.
        >
        > Yup, he's the real McCoy! Have a boilermaker, G, you'll feel
        better.

        You've compared him to a guy by the name of McCoy...hummmmm...and I
        can't tell you how offended I am by your politically insensitive
        remark about the Irish which everyone is simply not true...Dottie,
        at this point the Pinnochio remark is pertinent.