Re: Anthroposophy and Catholicism

  • Herbert Schumacher
    Message 1 of 24 , Oct 1, 2004
      Hello. R. Steiner was fond of the TRINITY
      and of Angel Hierarchies. Therefore there are
      some connections with catholicism...schuh
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58"

      Message 2 of 24 , Oct 1, 2004
        Gaelman wrote:
        > Some time ago the fellow from Argentina referred to cowards sitting
        > at computers. Now a man who says "you're full of shit", "that makes
        > you a coward" sitting at his computer would be an example of this.
        > Now the facts would be these: The generalities people make about
        > the Irish are for the most part true. Were we together, you'd take
        > one look at this blue-eyed, stand-up middleweight and out of
        > prudence you'd curb your tongue.

        Yup, he's the real McCoy! Have a boilermaker, G, you'll feel better.
      • Tarjei Straume
        Message 3 of 24 , Oct 1, 2004
          At 18:31 01.10.2004, Herbert Schumacher wrote:

          >Hello. R. Steiner was fond of the TRINITY and of Angel Hierarchies.
          >Therefore there are some connections with catholicism...schuh

          Of course there are. Up until the Reformation, Christianity was largely
          connected to the Catholic Church. Thomas Aquinas was the intellectual
          representative of church theology, which was based upon Biblical texts
          interpreted through "The Philosopher", Aristotle. So in the individuality
          who lived in Aristotle, Aquinas, and Steiner, we have the very architect of
          Christian intellectual thinking.

          With the above in mind, we can see the revolutionary aspect of Steiner's
          message in a proper perspective. He valued the richness of history and art
          and rituals that the church testifies to, but he also expressed the
          necessity for the Christ Impulse to free itself from the clutches of its
          dogmatic theology and passion for authority. What rituals are concerned,
          these have been replaced by those of the CC. We also have new impulses of
          architecture and art; the RC is a museum, a mirror of the past.

          Keep also in mind that the RC killed many of rhe true Christian prophets,
          burned them on the stake, tortured them to death and so on. The history of
          the church is a blood-stained path indeed, just like Islam. Of course there
          are connections between spiritual science and traditional religions; the
          former prepresents the future development of the latter. Old monotheistic
          religions are becoming increasingly decadent, primarily because
          unquestioned authority and blind obedience belong to the past.

          Tarjei
          http://uncletaz.com/
        • gaelman58
          Message 4 of 24 , Oct 2, 2004
            <franksmith@v...> wrote:

            > Gaelman wrote:
            > > Some time ago the fellow from Argentina referred to cowards
            sitting
            > > at computers. Now a man who says "you're full of shit", "that
            makes
            > > you a coward" sitting at his computer would be an example of
            this.
            > > Now the facts would be these: The generalities people make
            about
            > > the Irish are for the most part true. Were we together, you'd
            take
            > > one look at this blue-eyed, stand-up middleweight and out of
            > > prudence you'd curb your tongue.
            >
            > Yup, he's the real McCoy! Have a boilermaker, G, you'll feel
            better.

            You've compared him to a guy by the name of McCoy...hummmmm...and I
            can't tell you how offended I am by your politically insensitive
            remark about the Irish which everyone is simply not true...Dottie,
            at this point the Pinnochio remark is pertinent.