Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Anthroposophy and Catholicism

Expand Messages
  • gaelman58
    ... were able ... email from ... believe about ... liar. And ... Some time ago the fellow from Argentina referred to cowards sitting at computers. Now a man
    Message 1 of 24 , Oct 1, 2004
    • 0 Attachment
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Tarjei Straume
      <cyberuncle@c...> wrote:
      > At 18:45 30.09.2004, yGaelman wrote:
      >
      > >No one is calling you a liar, Tarjei. I really believe if you
      were able
      > >you'd supply citations about the "bitch" business you would.
      >
      > You're full of shit, Gaelman. I don't publish private email, nor
      email from
      > private, closed e-groups. What you say here that you really
      believe about
      > me is plain slanderous falsehood, because you're calling me a
      liar. And
      > then you backpaddle and deny it. That makes you a coward.
      >
      > Tarjei

      Some time ago the fellow from Argentina referred to cowards sitting
      at computers. Now a man who says "you're full of shit", "that makes
      you a coward" sitting at his computer would be an example of this.
      Now the facts would be these: The generalities people make about
      the Irish are for the most part true. Were we together, you'd take
      one look at this blue-eyed, stand-up middleweight and out of
      prudence you'd curb your tongue.
    • gaelman58
      ... nothing ... endorses ... what s a ... this ... a ... guys ... I have no idea who this Staudenmaier guy is...your little resolve will require a measure of
      Message 2 of 24 , Oct 1, 2004
      • 0 Attachment
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Tarjei Straume
        <cyberuncle@c...> wrote:
        > At 19:20 30.09.2004, Gaelman wrote:
        >
        > >In the above Steiner criticizes the Catholic Church AND the
        > >Anthroposophical Movement for "sectarian somnolence"...he says
        nothing
        > >negative about dogmatic theology nor the sacraments...kind of
        endorses
        > >them, doesn't he?...inclusive is an antonym of sectarian...now,
        what's a
        > >good synonym for inclusive?
        >
        > Frankly, I think you should ask Peter Staudenmaier. When he was on
        this
        > list, I decided at one point that further dialogues with him were
        a
        > fruitless waste of time. You have earned the same 'honor', so you
        guys
        > apparently have some things in common.
        >
        > Tarjei

        I have no idea who this Staudenmaier guy is...your little resolve
        will require a measure of character...seems to me the HMS
        Arachnosophia is running up the white flag.
      • Herbert Schumacher
        Hello. R. Steiner was fond of the TRINITY and of Angel Hierarchies. Therefore there are some connections with catholicism...schuh
        Message 3 of 24 , Oct 1, 2004
        • 0 Attachment
          Hello. R. Steiner was fond of the TRINITY
          and of Angel Hierarchies. Therefore there are
          some connections with catholicism...schuh
          *********************************************************************
          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58"
          <gaelman58@y...> wrote:
          > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Tarjei Straume
          > <cyberuncle@c...> wrote:
          > > At 19:20 30.09.2004, Gaelman wrote:
          > >
          > > >In the above Steiner criticizes the Catholic Church AND the
          > > >Anthroposophical Movement for "sectarian somnolence"...he says
          > nothing
          > > >negative about dogmatic theology nor the sacraments...kind of
          > endorses
          > > >them, doesn't he?...inclusive is an antonym of sectarian...now,
          > what's a
          > > >good synonym for inclusive?
          > >
          > > Frankly, I think you should ask Peter Staudenmaier. When he was on
          > this
          > > list, I decided at one point that further dialogues with him were
          > a
          > > fruitless waste of time. You have earned the same 'honor', so you
          > guys
          > > apparently have some things in common.
          > >
          > > Tarjei




          >
          > I have no idea who this Staudenmaier guy is...your little resolve
          > will require a measure of character...seems to me the HMS
          > Arachnosophia is running up the white flag.
        • Frank Thomas Smith
          ... Yup, he s the real McCoy! Have a boilermaker, G, you ll feel better.
          Message 4 of 24 , Oct 1, 2004
          • 0 Attachment
            Gaelman wrote:
            > Some time ago the fellow from Argentina referred to cowards sitting
            > at computers. Now a man who says "you're full of shit", "that makes
            > you a coward" sitting at his computer would be an example of this.
            > Now the facts would be these: The generalities people make about
            > the Irish are for the most part true. Were we together, you'd take
            > one look at this blue-eyed, stand-up middleweight and out of
            > prudence you'd curb your tongue.

            Yup, he's the real McCoy! Have a boilermaker, G, you'll feel better.
          • Tarjei Straume
            ... Of course there are. Up until the Reformation, Christianity was largely connected to the Catholic Church. Thomas Aquinas was the intellectual
            Message 5 of 24 , Oct 1, 2004
            • 0 Attachment
              At 18:31 01.10.2004, Herbert Schumacher wrote:

              >Hello. R. Steiner was fond of the TRINITY and of Angel Hierarchies.
              >Therefore there are some connections with catholicism...schuh

              Of course there are. Up until the Reformation, Christianity was largely
              connected to the Catholic Church. Thomas Aquinas was the intellectual
              representative of church theology, which was based upon Biblical texts
              interpreted through "The Philosopher", Aristotle. So in the individuality
              who lived in Aristotle, Aquinas, and Steiner, we have the very architect of
              Christian intellectual thinking.

              With the above in mind, we can see the revolutionary aspect of Steiner's
              message in a proper perspective. He valued the richness of history and art
              and rituals that the church testifies to, but he also expressed the
              necessity for the Christ Impulse to free itself from the clutches of its
              dogmatic theology and passion for authority. What rituals are concerned,
              these have been replaced by those of the CC. We also have new impulses of
              architecture and art; the RC is a museum, a mirror of the past.

              Keep also in mind that the RC killed many of rhe true Christian prophets,
              burned them on the stake, tortured them to death and so on. The history of
              the church is a blood-stained path indeed, just like Islam. Of course there
              are connections between spiritual science and traditional religions; the
              former prepresents the future development of the latter. Old monotheistic
              religions are becoming increasingly decadent, primarily because
              unquestioned authority and blind obedience belong to the past.


              Tarjei
              http://uncletaz.com/
            • gaelman58
              ... sitting ... makes ... this. ... about ... take ... better. You ve compared him to a guy by the name of McCoy...hummmmm...and I can t tell you how offended
              Message 6 of 24 , Oct 2, 2004
              • 0 Attachment
                --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith"
                <franksmith@v...> wrote:
                >
                > Gaelman wrote:
                > > Some time ago the fellow from Argentina referred to cowards
                sitting
                > > at computers. Now a man who says "you're full of shit", "that
                makes
                > > you a coward" sitting at his computer would be an example of
                this.
                > > Now the facts would be these: The generalities people make
                about
                > > the Irish are for the most part true. Were we together, you'd
                take
                > > one look at this blue-eyed, stand-up middleweight and out of
                > > prudence you'd curb your tongue.
                >
                > Yup, he's the real McCoy! Have a boilermaker, G, you'll feel
                better.

                You've compared him to a guy by the name of McCoy...hummmmm...and I
                can't tell you how offended I am by your politically insensitive
                remark about the Irish which everyone is simply not true...Dottie,
                at this point the Pinnochio remark is pertinent.
              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.