Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Frodo failed !

  • Mike Helsher
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2004
      > Hello, Mike. And do you think that is a good thing or a bad thing?
      > Love and peace,
      > Lilla, a newbie to posting here, but longtime lurker

      Hi Lilla, thanks for coming out of the lurker zone.

      Actually, I saw that saying on a bumper-sticker a few days ago and I thought
      it held some irony.

      After watching the debate tonight, I do not think that Bush has the Ring. I
      feel now that he is a prettier version of gollum.

      Some one ought to give the guy a football, and let him coach a college team.

      It amazes me that the American public can allow this dualistic simpleton,
      college captain of the debate team, to run the country. A regular old dumb
      guy, that uses buzz words Like "freedom," "enemies," "terror" and
      "evil-doers," and phrases like "Ideological haters" to pull on the fear
      tethers of ignorant souls who need so desperately to have single minded
      idiot as a "leader" to cheer for.

      When will the dumbed down American public grow out of this addictive need
      for a captain of the Home team?

      And if it ever did, what would happen to the multi billion dollar football
      industry?

      "...hey, aint these TV commercials Great! Pass me another brew-ha will ya
      buddy? and then lets hold hands and sing.."

      "Well I'm proud to be an Am-er-I-caaaaan, where at least I know I'm
      freeeee...."

      Good to know at least *one* thing, I guess...

      Lets all vote for "Freedom"... who gives a fuck what it means.

      The Fishercat
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2004
        JoAnn:
        > Dottie, do the women coming into your women's center know the
        candidates'
        > positions on issues important to women? You don't have to formally
        endorse
        > anyone, just provide information -- which both sides would be more
        than happy
        > to provide to you, free of charge!

        Hey JoAnn,

        It's funny where I find myself these days: middle of Hollywood and
        the Republicans. Many of my ladies here are Republican, well the
        active ones at least. We do not talk about the issues for they are
        the 'old guard'. I adore these women and continue the legacy of not
        bringing politics into the office.

        BUT

        My favorite restaurant allowed me to bring in voter forms and now we
        are scheduling a Tuesday night appy thing for the debate of the vice
        presidents. John Kerry's man just emailed the whole lot and talked
        about the same thing you are saying here. I loved John Kerry last
        night after the first ten minutes where I was holdiing my breath as
        his words made me not very happy. But then he caught his stride and
        all was good I thought.

        And you are right that despair just can not win the day. Sometimes
        its hard to remember that but I am finding it so important.

        My best,
        Dottie

        p.s. thanks for the words.