Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: occult lodges and islam

  • golden3000997@cs.com
    Message 1 of 31 , Nov 9, 2003
      Hi Uncle Taz,

      I've got the lecture - will type the passage for you in a couple of minutes.
      Here are more good links - and don't forget David Icke!

      http://www.infowars.com/bg1.html

      http://www.sonic.net/~kerry/bohemian/bibliography.html

      Bibliography

      A list of several books and magazine articles, and some links pertaining to
      Bohemian Grove.
      Text copyright © 2002 Kerry Richardson

      The Bohemian Grove and Other Retreats by G. William Domhoff, Harper & Row,
      New York, 1974. Subtitled "A Study in Ruling-Class Cohesiveness," the 1974
      hardbound edition of this book has a 59 page overview of the Bohemian Grove that is
      only slightly dated and includes a 130 page "Appendix of Heavies," a table
      analyzing the overlapping social club and policy-planning group memberships of
      hundreds of prominent men in the fields of business, academia, and the media.
      Domhoff, a professor of sociology and psychology, also presents the hypothesis
      that there is an upper social class in the United States made up of owners and
      managers of large corporations, and that this group's interests often
      conflict with those of working people. Domhoff argues that this upper social class -
      comprising one percent of the total population at most and controlling the
      majority of the nation's privately held corporate wealth - directs the large
      corporations and foundations, and dominates the federal government. Domhoff views
      the Bohemian Club and its retreat at the Bohemian Grove as evidence that
      supports his hypothesis, and he thinks such gatherings facilitate group
      cohesiveness among the upper social class.
      The Greatest Men's Party on Earth by John van der Zee, Harcourt Brace
      Jovanovich, Inc., New York, 1974. Writer John van der Zee waited tables at the Grove
      during the summer of 1972, the Bohemian Club's 100th year of existence. In his
      1974 book subtitled "Inside the Bohemian Grove," he combines his first-hand
      observations of camp life with extensive historical research and information
      gathered from interviews of club members to present an overview of the club and
      its encampment. Chapters include a discussion of the founding of the club by
      newsmen and artistic types and the subsequent evolution of the group to a more
      socially and politically prominent organization financed by those of greater
      wealth, with visual and performing artists and musicians accepted as associate
      members. Van der Zee writes about Herbert Hoover's role as an honored
      participant in the annual encampments and describes and interprets a lakeside talk, a
      variety show with famous performers, and the Grove's annual play that is
      staged with considerable effort and expense at a large outdoor theater within the
      Grove. Chapter nine, titled "The Bomb" recounts networking activities by Ernest
      Lawrence at the Grove that resulted in financial support for his nuclear
      physics research, and it tells of a secret meeting at the Grove during the second
      world war where scientists made key decisions about how to develop the atomic
      bomb. The Grove's summer encampments are still much as van der Zee describes,
      although there are now some African-American members, and, as a result of
      court decisions, there are now female workers.

      Sex Work: Writings by Women in the Sex Industry edited by Frédérique
      Delacoste and Priscilla Alexander, Cleis Press, San Francisco, 1987. This book is
      still in print in its second edition. Among its contents are two first person
      accounts of prostitution related to the Bohemian Grove gatherings. Although not an
      official club activity, some of the rowdier campers have been known to "jump
      the river." In Sonoma County where the Grove is located, it is common
      knowledge that this type of activity occurs during the Grove encampments. In the early
      1970's and the early 1980's there were two criminal actions directed against
      operators of a bar and a motel in the summer resort community of Guerneville
      upstream and across the river from the Grove. Both prosecutions foundered.
      Quoted in the West Sonoma County Paper in 1983, Margo St. James noted that the top
      level guys don't go to the local tavern, "They work through madams from the
      City." The "low jinks" theatrical production at the 1991 encampment titled "The
      Fun House" made fun of the topic, the plot being that two not-too-bright
      takeover artists discover their first corporate raid brings them a brothel.

      "Inside Bohemian Grove" by Philip Weiss, Spy magazine, November 1989. A
      fifteen page article mentioning some sixty Bohemian clubbers by name, the author
      prior to infiltrating the 1989 Bohemian Grove encampment anticipated writing a
      satirical piece but found that truth was more pertinent than fiction. The
      article features a map of the Grove and numerous small photos made inside the
      encampment. 1989 was the year Ronald Reagan returned to the Grove encampment after
      his two terms as U.S. president. Weiss was the first to report the presence at
      the Grove of France's then Prime Minister Michel Rocard and includes a
      summary with quotes from Rocard's lakeside talk. The article contains many
      first-hand observations of life at the Grove and includes a sidebar compendium of jokes
      told by Grove campers.

      "Power Playground" by John van der Zee, Business Month magazine, July/August
      1988. Van der Zee, author of The Greatest Men's Party on Earth, touches on the
      business ambiance at the Grove. While the overt conducting of business is
      discouraged at the Grove - "weaving spiders come not here" is a club motto -
      introductions and contacts are made, issues can be discussed in privacy at the
      camps, and the lakeside talks can be one of the country's most influential
      forums. While there are categories of associate membership for artists and
      performers, van der Zee notes that dues for regular members in 1988 could be as high as
      $110 a month with an initiation fee of over $8,000, and a prospective member
      could be on a waiting list for eighteen years. Van der Zee considers the Cave
      Man camp, formerly the Bohemian Grove dwelling of Herbert Hoover and Richard
      Nixon, to have the most honored status among the Grove's residence groupings.

      "Mondo loro" by Pino Buongiorno, Panorama magazine, 12 Agosto, 1990 (August
      12, 1990). The Italian newsmagazine's four page illustrated article about
      Bohemian Grove (written in Italian) contains phrases such as "Superclub, che mania"
      (Superclub, what a craze) and "comandante dello Strategic air command"
      (commander of the Strategic Air Command), and "una delle maggiori fabbriche di armi
      del mondo" (one of the biggest arms manufacturers in the world). The article
      title may mean "their world." The article includes some of the photos that are
      on this website.

      "Pouvoir: le club le plus fermé du monde" by Jean Sébastien Stehli, Le Point
      magazine, 27 Août, 1994 (August 27, 1994). Written in French. (Power: the
      world's most exclusive club.) Le Point is a major French newsmagazine.

      "Power at Play: The Boho Boys Club" by W. Hampton Sides, Regardie's magazine,
      January 1991. Sides penetrated the Bohemian Grove in the course of
      researching a book about American subcultures. (His book Stomping Grounds, in addition
      to a chapter about Bohemian Grove, includes an account of a Rainbow gathering.)
      The long article in the Washington D.C. based Regardie's magazine includes a
      sidebar identifying nineteen Bohemian clubbers connected to the national
      capital area.

      "The Male Manager's Last Refuge" by Walter McQuade, Fortune magazine, August
      5, 1985. The Bohemian Grove is featured most prominently in this article about
      all-male country retreats. McQuade also mentions the horse-oriented Rancheros
      Visitadores in California and the Colorado based Roundup Riders of the
      Rockies, as well as the aerospace industry linked Conquistadores del Cielo which
      meets in Wyoming, and the Moles, a group of executives who build tunnels and
      other heavy construction projects who have a summer place near New York City. The
      Fortune article has two large photos supplied by the Bohemian Club, one
      showing a "low-jinks" theatrical production and the other showing pyrotechnics at
      the Grove's "Cremation of Care" opening pageant.

      "Inside Bohemian Grove: The Story People Magazine Won't Let You Read," Extra!
      magazine November/December 1991. Another reporter infiltrates the Grove, but
      this time he is spotted by one of his bosses, a Time Warner executive who was
      attending the encampment. The story planned for People magazine was killed.
      Extra! is published by FAIR, Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting, a New York
      based media watch group. This article has sidebars critical of Time Warner, one
      quoting an unnamed former Time magazine reporter saying his 1987 report about
      cocaine trafficking in Oliver North's contra supply network was killed by Time.
      Another story killing is mentioned: a Time reporter was undercover in the
      Bohemian Grove in 1982, but that report also didn't see print.

      The Santa Rosa Press Democrat - The Press Democrat is the daily paper closest
      geographically to the Bohemian Grove and it has a website. Recent articles
      can be called up with a search function.
      The Sonoma County Free Press - The Free Press is an online activist "zine"
      that contains commentary and reporting by Mary Moore in the Bohemian Grove
      Action Network section. Moore has organized protest demonstrations at the entrance
      to the Grove. (Speaking in Sebastopol a few years ago, Michael Parenti
      acknowledged Moore as having led the exposure of the Bohemian Grove.)

      A Relative Advantage: Sociology of the San Francisco Bohemian Club - A
      Doctoral Dissertation by Peter M. Phillips, Ph.D., Director of Project Censored and
      Associate Professor, Department of Sociology, School of Social Sciences at
      California's Sonoma State University.

      GO TO INDEX OF BOHEMIAN GROVE REPORTAGE.
      Message 31 of 31 , Nov 14, 2003
        Hi Tarjei,

        In reading this book by Karen Armstrong I am getting a
        better 'feel' for Muhammed and what he endeavored to
        bring to his people.

        One of the things that strikes me is that its path was
        similar to that of Judiasm: in order to get to one God
        they had to take down the 'daughters of God'. That was
        the missing piece for Muhammed on the way to
        monotheism as it was for the Jews.

        Interestingly as well is that what he was working on
        was a change of consciousness from family blood ties
        to spirit ties that outgrow the familial bounds
        similar to Jesus' concepts in a way.

        I find that Muhammed was very much inspired by the
        story of Mary and Jesus. There is a reference to them
        early on that actually insinuates to the exoteric way
        of reading her being a virgin. However when reading it
        from an esoteric level the 'veil' being lifted is
        clearly understood.

        Well, what I am coming to is that Muhammed seems to
        have brought a religion that centered on surrendering
        (islam) ones total self to God. And the way to show
        that was through letting go of worldly goods and
        giving to the poor and taking care of them. But what
        strikes me is this absolute 'feel' I have about the
        self (nafas) getting its house in order. So, in a way
        although it is one religion it seems to be made up of
        singular people on a quest for God. Although they call
        themselves Muslims as one their quest is really each
        one by themselves. It kind of reminds me a wee bit of
        Self Realization Fellowship by Paramahansa Yogananda.
        It has that sense of righting oneself before God.
        Almost like he took the Christ revelation and and then
        became one of the men that achieved a self
        revelation. Almost reminds me of the snake.

        At one point the book speaks of 'exciting' the hatred
        of the Jews. It is pretty apparant that they were
        considered 'trash' among the peoples in that region.
        And it seems they truly never recovered even unto this
        day their own sense of worth. Almost as if they are
        always in the place of having to defend their honor.
        And not really only their own but that of their
        Prophet as well. They know he is not what the Western
        world says and they are always fighting some uphill
        battle in their minds.

        One last thing before I go. I find it extremely
        interesting that the Satanic Versus as related by
        Rushdie actually speak to two lines where Muhammed
        gave credence to the 'daughters of God'. He then tried
        to and actually did take the versus back and claimed
        that they were slaves just as the everyday people
        were, and that one could not look to them for guidance
        or help.

        Well, maybe this is the last piece before I go:) They
        have the most remarkable references to Satan that I
        have ever seen. To them their was no original sin.
        Muhammed believed that this was all a part of Gods
        plan. That in the end Satan will be the last to be
        saved but he will be. Also he states that it is Satan
        who loved God the most. I think of Lucifer here.

        Anyway, the more I read of this Muhammed the more I
        come to understand how he was able to achieve what he
        did in such a short time. He truly had his face on God
        and inspired others to do the same.

        Tarjei you wrote:
        > This point of yours was actually corroborated by
        > Rudolf Steiner when he
        > said that Arabic materialism was blunted by the
        > emergence of Islam. So RS
        > implies that this religion was a progressive force
        > when it was introduced
        > in the 7th century. Apparently, the destructive
        > forces inherent in
        > "Arabism" and connected with 666, Sorath and so on,
        > has hijacked this
        > religious stream because it has outlived its alotted
        > era long ago.

        Tarjei
        > Specific manifestations of egoism. When a young man
        > kills men, women, and
        > children at random by blowing himself to pieces with
        > them in the firm
        > belief that he will be rewarded with 70 virgins in
        > Paradise for such a
        > deed, we're not only talking about merciless egoism,
        > but a specific variety
        > of it, probably exclusively found among Muslims.

        Dottie

        Yeah, this thing with the virgins bothers me a bit. I
        think it is ridiculing them and this is not what
        Muhammed had in mind physically. When I sink into the
        Koran I will see what that means. In the mean time I
        am going to speak to my friend about this.

        I am not so sure it is found exclusively among Muslims
        but I do not know how to make the argument. What comes
        to mind are the 'fundies' of the world. We have people
        here in the states killing doctors who perform
        abortions in recent years. And I believe it will only
        get worse as the right gets more power in regards to
        other segments of society as well. We are about to
        face the 'gay rights to marriage issue' and this is a
        powder keg waiting to go. And they believe they are
        doing what God would want them to do. Its pretty
        gross.
        And I wonder what is the difference regarding the ego
        of having 70 virgins versus doing an evil thing for
        Gods grace?

        Thanks,
        dottie

        p.s. I know I am not the best one to converse on this
        subject however I would like to say it has inspired me
        to become more knowledgable regarding a group of
        people who are going to light the world on fire.

        http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree