the Logical Falice

  • Mike Helsher
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004

      Gaelman writes:

      Tarjei:  Someone may think of an adequate response to
      Lightsearcher...

      Ball one Fundamentalists didn't cause your ugly imagery.  You did...Ball two
      You didn't create the World or Its Moral Order.  You have your Being
      in it...Ball three
      "Thy Will be done on earth as it is in heaven".  PoF supercedes
      that?  Are you daft, man?  Wild pitch!
      Have an Irish coffee.  It fosters logical thinking and
      humility...well, maybe not the latter.  Warmest.
      And Mike indignantly responds:

      It amazes me how the idea of "logical thinking", given the appropriate fundie spin (materialist or religious), can be given such credence, and used as a kind of weapon, to thwart the ignorant non-believers with. How utterly absurd!!! As if logic and reason were to make up a major portion of what it means to be a human being. "Logical thinking" about the laws of nature, natural science, and Math, would have me believing that I am an intelligent ape. And "when they prove to you that in reality one drop of your own fat must be dearer to you that a hundred thousand of your fellow creatures, and that this conclusion is the final solution of all so called virtues and duties and all such prejudices and fancies, then you have to accept it, there is no help for it for twice two is a law of mathematics. Just try refuting it."

      Geeze, if I only had a logical understanding of the bible, then I wouldn't have any more desires. Like the one that is beckoning in me right now that wants to say:

      Fuck you and your rendition of the "world and it's Moral order." And who's will does "Thy will" represent in the context of your blurb above?

      This shit reminds me of guys that buy big long three engine cigarette boats, to make up for the fact that they have a smaller than average penis.

      In this case it's "my beliefs are bigger than yours...."

      Peter S. Likes to wave his "Logical Falice" on the critics list, and many stare in amazement. But me, being who I am, and knowing a thing or two about choice, I just wave my emotional falice right back in his face.

      It's easy to talk and preach about "moral order". It's something quite different to have any and all the hopes of some kind of external moral order extinguished by the militant ignorance of growing up in, and surviving the street life of a Boston suburb, when most of my friends, some quite fundamentally Christian at times, ended up dying the way most using drug addicts die.

      If you have any experience with the POF, or your idea of "Moral Order" (not theories or ideas) then I would Love to hear about it.

      Musing on choice and Logic,

      Mike

    • holderlin66
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
        Mike Helsher wrote:

        It is no phallacy to speak fallacies. It isn't phony to be Phallic
        and speak of Phallic envy. After all, it doesn't matter how big the
        Fallic is as long as the Phallacy can be counted in 16 words in the
        State of the Union. Sixteen words can reveal a fallacy but on the
        other hand it can also reveal a small phallic ferocity.

        Now the best argument of logic I have seen, is that which Mike
        revealed that as we are trained to be logical all the way down to
        our apes and applesauce. As to how EVE discovered the recipe for
        Applesauce while filming the first segment of "2001 A Space Odyssey"
        begs the question of orchards. Did anyone ever ask, who planted the
        orchard and who was Johnny Appleseed anyway. Was he one of the first
        Apes, from Planet of the Apes that brought horticulture into the
        primitive tribes of hairy man?

        Which came first the logic of Apes and all that Science stands on as
        Logical Big Bang..which was Boink, Boink, and big 'O' for cosmic
        ejaculation 101, kaboom, matter logically produced Apple Orchards
        and Adam could not have been the first guy, because someone had to
        plant those frigging trees so that Eve could make Applesauce. Now is
        this a phallacy or a fallacie?

        I think Mike has got it right, once again.
      • Mike Helsher
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
          Hey Bradford, My Phallic envy is much less these days that it used to be. But my soul has been puking up some irreverence toward logical fallacies that resemble the flogging-of-a-dead-horse, look at me in my big penis envy cigarette boat of facts that can be deliberated till the cows come home with Huxley's "point and counter point."

           I think that the title of this thread would be a good as an R rated Grimm style fairy tale:

          " Journeys of The Logical Phallace"

          Chapter one:

          "Sophia's Cavern, and the fondling of the Eros"

          Chapter two:

          "The oozing of the Etheric slide"

          Chapter three:

          "Nightly poundings of the Astral frolic"

          Yours for "cosmic ejaculation"

          Mike