Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Scaligero

  • Jan
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2004
      Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Scaligero On 1/9/04 6:43 am, "Goffredo" <goffredo@...> wrote:

      To our group, Valentina Brunetti, Andrea
         It's a real pity that Scaligero's writings haven't been translated into English. The same difficulty was encountered by Gennadi Bondarev's "The crisis of Civilization". It seems that he had to leave the Goetheanum' executive because he was accused of being an anti Semite. He wasn't so; but he had written a lot about Free Masonry and Secret Societies. "The crisis of Civilization"  was written in Russian and translated into German and published. There is an English version available in Xerox form from a book store in England.

      Jan – The English bookshop is ‘The Wellspring’

      http://www3.mistral.co.uk/wellspringbooks/
    • Gisele
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2004
        ~~~~Ciao Goffredo, I am aware of l'archetipo.com (perhaps Andrea gave me the link?) and I have the "Treatise on Living Thought" by Scaligero, although I have never gone beyond the 7th page.... it's very deep hard going, and I keep it there, in the drawer of 'one day, when the time comes'. Buonanotte
        Gix

        Goffredo <goffredo@...> wrote:
        To the group and to Gisele

        Perhaps you already heard something about Massimo Scaligero who was one of the foremost  Italian anthroposophists (he died about 20 years ago in Rome). He wrote many interesting books on Rosicrucianism, Isis-Sophia, Zen, The Sun-Logos etc.  You could find some information on him in the following link:

        http://www.larchetipo.com/

        You Gisele, although living in the UK probably understand Italian and will certainly enjoy reading it.
        Ciao
        Goffredo