NYTimes.com Article: Chess Is Her Passion and, She Declares, So Is Bobby-San

  • franksmith@vdolores.com.ar
    Message 1 of 59 , Aug 20 7:33 PM
      The article below from NYTimes.com
      has been sent to you by franksmith@....

      If any of you A-Ts are still interested in important things - jeez, Tarjei, why don't you invite Bobby to A-T? He's an American who hates the U.S and Israel - just what we need.

      franksmith@...

      I HEART HUCKABEES - OPENING IN SELECT CITIES OCTOBER 1

      From David O. Russell, writer and director of THREE KINGS
      and FLIRTING WITH DISASTER comes an existential comedy
      starring Dustin Hoffman, Isabelle Hupert, Jude Law, Jason
      Schwartzman, Lily Tomlin, Mark Wahlberg and Naomi Watts.
      Watch the trailer now at:

      http://www.foxsearchlight.com/huckabees/index_nyt.html

      Chess Is Her Passion and, She Declares, So Is Bobby-San

      August 20, 2004
      By JAMES BROOKE

      Bobby Fischer's fianc´┐Że admitted that he might be using
      her as "a pawn" in an effort to counter the Japanese
      authorities' opening move.

      http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/20/international/asia/20fischer.html?ex=1094055616&ei=1&en=836f3ae9c18fb2d7

      HOW TO ADVERTISE
      ---------------------------------
      onlinesales@... or visit our online media
      kit at http://www.nytimes.com/adinfo

      help@....

      Copyright 2004 The New York Times Company
    • Gisele
      Message 59 of 59 , Sep 1, 2004
        ~~~~Ok, thanks Frank - I think I saw the televised story of Martin Eden when I was growing up in Italy, but I don't remember the story.

        Frank Thomas Smith <franksmith@...> wrote:

        If you want a really wonderful autobiographical Jack London book in
        fictional form, try "Martin Eden". I read it a few moons ago as an
        adolescent, so perchance it's not as good as I remember it - but I think
        i'll look for it again.