Holderlin, Schelling, and Hegel

  • Patrick
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2004
      Dear Bradford,

      I just read that Holderlin, Schelling, and Hegel were room mates in college.
      Can you imagine the conversations over coffee and torte? My God, to be a
      fly on the wall...

      Patrick
    • holderlin66
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2004
        Patrick wrote;

        I just read that Holderlin, Schelling, and Hegel were room mates in
        college.
        Can you imagine the conversations over coffee and torte? My God,
        to be a
        fly on the wall...

        Patrick

        Hey Patrick;

        "Holderlin trained to be minister and graduated from Tubingen with
        his Karmic bro's Hegel and Schelling. They had a saying, an intimate
        fraternity code, which revealed the bond of spiritual destiny
        between them. Holderlin had the phrase of his true karmic brothers
        written in large Greek letters on the wall above his desk, the
        pantheistic One and All (Hen kai pan) had been their university
        battle cry.

        In this early unity with Schelling, and Hegel, Holderlin found two
        spirits whom he had known before his incarnation as Holderlin. This
        life bond is not always known consciously but when we reach for our
        true identity above familial relations, it arises from those who can
        see our spirits. Hegel, Schelling and Holderlin were destined to
        make an impact on German culture and human history and this was
        partly the constellation that Holderlin reached for when he sought
        his incarnation as Holderlin."