Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] osho

  • Tarjei Straume
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2004
      At 08:45 04.08.2004, "Liviu" wrote:

      > Did you read osho books?

      Thank you for the suggestion. I didn't; hadn't heard of it; now I have
      thanks to you, and it looks fascinating.

      I found a nice electronic Osho library at http://www.oshoworld.com/ . Oh,
      look out for that guy. He looks like such a benign hippie, but the jestful
      smile suggests he's about to play a card trick on you or something. A real
      Guru Trick! Remember what Dan Dugan has been saying all along about Rudolf
      Steiner's guru tricks? Well, this Osho character looks like the real thing,
      the genuine guru who knows all the tricks!

      Which book should I first take a look at? For some facetious reason, I
      choose "A Rose is a Rose is a Rose". Why? Because it reminded me of that
      fabulous number with Gene Kelly and Donald O'Connor in the 1952 musical
      "Singin' in the Rain", when they're sopposed to bel learning phonetics and
      tongue twisters:

      Moses suposes his toeses are roses
      But Moses supposes erroneously
      And Moses, he knowses his toeses aren't roses
      As Moses supposes his toeses to be

      Moses suposes his toeses are roses
      But Moses supposes erroneously
      A Rose is a rose
      A Nose is a nose
      A Toese is a toese

      Hupidubidu! (ehehehehe)

      Moses suposes his toeses are roses
      But Moses supposes erroneously
      And Moses, he knowses his toeses aren't roses
      As Moses supposes his toeses to be

      My frivolous facetiousness was however abrubtly brought to a halt as soon
      as I began to read. This looks like genuine anarchosophy, dealing with the
      tyranny of conscience and the whole bit! Here's a morsel from Chapter 1:

      [A sannyasin leaving for the West says: I feel deep gratitude for all that
      has happened to me since I've been here.]

      I know.... Much will be happening, much more, and gratitude prepares the
      way. Feel as grateful to existence as possible -- for small things, not
      only for great things... just for sheer breathing. We don't have any claim
      on existence, so whatsoever is given is a gift. If it is not given we don't
      have any court for appeal.

      So grow more and more in gratitude and thankfulness -- not only towards me;
      let it become your very style. Be grateful to everybody.

      If one understands gratitude then one is grateful for things that have been
      done positively. And one even feels grateful for things which could have
      been done negatively. You feel grateful that somebody helped you; this is
      just the beginning. Then you start feeling grateful that somebody has not
      harmed you -- he could have; it was so kind of him.

      Once you understand the feeling of gratitude and allow it to sink deeply
      within you, you will start feeling grateful for everything. And the more
      grateful you are, the less complaining, grumbling.

      Once complaining disappears, misery disappears. It exists with complaints.
      It is hooked with complaints and with the complaining mind. Misery is
      impossible with gratefulness. So that is one of the most important secrets
      to learn.
      [The Hypnotherapy Group was at darshan tonight.

      A group member said: It was very good for me. I felt that I was allowing
      myself more and no longer fighting. I felt less guilty -- because I used to
      feel very guilty. And I also feel more balanced, so I feel very good.]

      You look good! All things happen together. If you feel less guilty,
      immediately you start feeling more happy. If you feel more, happy, you feel
      less in conflict, more harmonious, together. If you feel together, more
      harmonious, suddenly you feel a certain grace surrounding you. These things
      function like a chain reaction: one starts the other, the other starts
      another, and they go on spreading.

      But to begin with, feeling less guilty is very very important. The whole of
      humanity has been made to feel guilty -- centuries of conditioning, of
      telling people to do this and not to do that... and not only that, but
      forcing them by saying that if they do something that is not allowed by the
      society or by the church, then they are sinners. If they do something which
      is appreciated by the society and the church, then they are saints.So
      everybody has been fooled into doing things that society wants them to do,
      and not to do things that society does not want them to do. Nobody has
      bothered about whether this is your thing or not. Nobody has bothered about
      the individual.

      The thinking up to now has been this -- that the individual exists for the
      society so the individual has to follow just what the society says.

      He has to fit with the society. That is the definition of the normal human
      being -- to fit with the society. Even if the society is insane, you have
      to fit with it; then you are normal. Even if the society is neurotic and
      you try to be sane, you will be thought neurotic because the society is the
      majority. They have power so they can make anybody feel guilty.
      They have put a deep mechanism inside you which they call a conscience
      which, if you move slightly away from the norm, the accepted rules of the
      game, immediately says, 'Wrong! Wrong! You are doing something wrong!' Now
      the problem for the individual is that nature demands one thing and society
      demands something contrary. If the society was demanding the same as nature
      demands, there would have been no conflict. Man would still have remained
      in the garden of Eden.
      The problem arises because society has its own interests which are not
      necessarily in tune with the individual and his interests. Society has its
      own investments. The individual has to be sacrificed. This is a very
      topsy-turvy world. Just the other way round should be the right thing.

      The individual does not exist for the society. The society exists for the
      individual. Because society is just an institution. It has no soul. An
      individual has the soul, is the conscious centre; it has a centre. God
      resides in the individual, not in the society.

      Society is nothing -- just a word.

      You cannot come across society anywhere. Wherever you go, you will come
      across the individual. Society is just in the dictionaries and in the legal
      codes of the courts. It is a term but a very big blanket term. It covers
      many things. And for this blanket term the real individual can be
      sacrificed -- and he has been up to now.

      Rarely have a few individuals been able to escape from this dangerous
      structure. These few individuals are the religious rebels -- Jesus, Buddha,
      Krishna. They tried to live their life according to their nature. They
      dropped conscience. they dropped all guilt. They became part of nature
      rather than part of society. Nature is vast. Society is very tiny. Society
      is man-made. nature is God-made. They chose God instead of a man-made
      institution.

      The difference is just like marriage nad love. Marriage is a man-made
      institution. Love has nothing to do with man's manufactured institutions.
      Love is natural. Wherever you find society is in conflict with nature,
      choose nature -- whatsoever the cost. You will never be a loser. You will
      always gain. If you choose society, you will always be a loser. The game
      will be very short term, worth nothing, and you will lose your whole soul.

      So this is the basic thing -- to move into a new light, into a new
      consciousness, where you can unguilt yourself. And then many more things
      follow.

      Yep, this is Anarchosophy in a nutshell. Thanks a million, Liviu.

      Cheers,

      Tarjei
      http://uncletaz.com/