News-spin

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2004
      http://nytimes.com/2004/08/03/opinion/03krug.html

      Here in the rest of the world, CNN *International* is different from what
      you suckers get in the States. (I was there - US - last year and saw for
      myself), CNNI is *almost* as good as "BBC World". Whether this BBC is the
      same as they get in the UK, I don't know. CNNI covered the Democratic
      convention in its entirety - except for boring speeches by minor pols, when
      boring commentary was offered instead. Some interviewees have even commented
      on this: statements such as "a pity they're not seeing this in America". I
      suggest therefore, that if it's possible to subscribe to, especially BBC, do
      so.
      Frank

      Frank Thomas Smith
      http://SouthernCrossReview.org
    • holderlin66
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2004
        Frank Thomas Smith wrote;

        "Some interviewees have even commented
        on this: statements such as "a pity they're not seeing this in
        America". I suggest therefore, that if it's possible to subscribe
        to, especially BBC, do so."

        Frank Thomas Smith

        I agree Frank. We have C-Span and there is also Canadian
        International news, Internation News First, which delivers Japanese,
        German, Canadian etc..Plus we have the vast jungle of the Internet.