Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Harkonnen-Cheney-Haliburton

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2004
      Bradford wrote:

      > Frank Thomas Smith wrote:
      >
      > "Although
      > the huge US debt and the at least equally serious balance of payments
      > deficit certainly make the dollar shaky, I still fail to see what
      > that has
      > to do with the war."
      >
      > As a fellow Michael companion and brother and of course when
      > compliments assail you, you shy bun wipe..I still have to keep a
      > bloody eye on you. You sometimes adt with such unanarchistic
      > limpness that I stumble on your A-typical conservative narrowness of
      > vision. Yet, as companions go, I wouldn't trade you for the world.
      > Such a rich history under that toupee. But really Frank! Try to keep
      > a proper eye on real world events would ya?
      >

      > http://www.smirkingchimp.com/print.php?sid=17220

      My dear chap, you know I love you too. The fact that you are obviously
      slightly (only slightly) mad is no obstacle to my love. I wouldn't hold that
      against anybody. I like the article, but still don't see how it answers my
      question above. In fact by bringing it to our attention, you are imho
      skirting the tissue.
      Frank
    • holderlin66
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2004
        Frank Thomas Smith wrote:

        "Although
        the huge US debt and the at least equally serious balance of
        payments deficit certainly make the dollar shaky, I still fail to
        see what that has to do with the war."

        http://www.lewrockwell.com/north/north290.html

        "If a terrorist group sets off a real, live nuke along the lines of
        the one in Tom Clancy's The Sum of All Fears, the world's economy
        will go down. The second bomb, exploded a week later, will keep it
        down. The third bomb will destroy the modern division of labor.

        It takes no strategic genius to know where to explode them. It only
        takes familiarity with "Diehard III." The locations are: (1) 33
        Liberty Street, New York City (the New York Federal Reserve Bank),
        (2) the City of London (the Bank of England), and (3) Frankfurt-am-
        Main, Germany (European Central Bank).

        Mentally move from "nuclear explosion" to "fractional reserve
        banking." Then move from "we interrupt this broadcast" to "ATM
        machine." I don't mean move mentally. I mean move. The moment you
        hear about a nuclear explosion, get into your car and drive to the
        nearest ATM. Take out the limit. You can always redeposit the money
        later.

        Two days after a nuclear bomb hits an American city, your credit
        cards will be rejected by all card-swipe machines. My credit cards
        will be rejected. All God's chillun's credit cards will be rejected.

        These two words – "card rejected" – would shut down the West. Who
        has a month's currency in small bills in ready reserve? Nobody will
        be able to pay anybody with digital money.

        The long-feared inter-bank cascading cross defaults will take down
        the banks.

        The U.S. government would then create a national rationing system.
        It would put a moratorium on debt collection: no evictions, no
        cessation of municipal services, and rationing in terms of last
        month's consumption, minus 20% (initially).

        The credit markets would be gone. That would be the end of
        everyone's productivity and lifestyle. It would cripple the division
        of labor."