Harkonnen-Cheney-Haliburton

  • holderlin66
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 31, 2004
      Frank Thomas Smith wrote:

      "Although
      the huge US debt and the at least equally serious balance of payments
      deficit certainly make the dollar shaky, I still fail to see what
      that has
      to do with the war."

      As a fellow Michael companion and brother and of course when
      compliments assail you, you shy bun wipe..I still have to keep a
      bloody eye on you. You sometimes adt with such unanarchistic
      limpness that I stumble on your A-typical conservative narrowness of
      vision. Yet, as companions go, I wouldn't trade you for the world.
      Such a rich history under that toupee. But really Frank! Try to keep
      a proper eye on real world events would ya?

      "Consider just one not so far-fetched scenario. The Bush
      administration has funded its enormous military budgets and tax cuts
      for the rich by borrowing huge sums from China. Suppose the Chinese
      bankers, who are a pretty conservative bunch themselves, see trouble
      on the financial horizon and want to call in some of their loans.
      That could topple the whole economy here.

      We can't just assume that the Chinese have enough sense to see it
      would ruin them too. The U.S. has to have a dependable big stick to
      intimidate the Chinese. But if we can't even run Iraq successfully,
      how can we think about threatening a serious opponent like China?
      The Chinese would just laugh at us.

      The foreign policy establishment knows that the whole world is
      watching. Every word that comes out of Boston this week is heard in
      capitals around the globe. Every word is taken as a signal of what a
      Kerry administration would do."

      http://www.smirkingchimp.com/print.php?sid=17220
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2004
        Bradford wrote:

        > Frank Thomas Smith wrote:
        >
        > "Although
        > the huge US debt and the at least equally serious balance of payments
        > deficit certainly make the dollar shaky, I still fail to see what
        > that has
        > to do with the war."
        >
        > As a fellow Michael companion and brother and of course when
        > compliments assail you, you shy bun wipe..I still have to keep a
        > bloody eye on you. You sometimes adt with such unanarchistic
        > limpness that I stumble on your A-typical conservative narrowness of
        > vision. Yet, as companions go, I wouldn't trade you for the world.
        > Such a rich history under that toupee. But really Frank! Try to keep
        > a proper eye on real world events would ya?
        >

        > http://www.smirkingchimp.com/print.php?sid=17220

        My dear chap, you know I love you too. The fact that you are obviously
        slightly (only slightly) mad is no obstacle to my love. I wouldn't hold that
        against anybody. I like the article, but still don't see how it answers my
        question above. In fact by bringing it to our attention, you are imho
        skirting the tissue.
        Frank
      • holderlin66
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 1, 2004
          Frank Thomas Smith wrote:

          "Although
          the huge US debt and the at least equally serious balance of
          payments deficit certainly make the dollar shaky, I still fail to
          see what that has to do with the war."

          http://www.lewrockwell.com/north/north290.html

          "If a terrorist group sets off a real, live nuke along the lines of
          the one in Tom Clancy's The Sum of All Fears, the world's economy
          will go down. The second bomb, exploded a week later, will keep it
          down. The third bomb will destroy the modern division of labor.

          It takes no strategic genius to know where to explode them. It only
          takes familiarity with "Diehard III." The locations are: (1) 33
          Liberty Street, New York City (the New York Federal Reserve Bank),
          (2) the City of London (the Bank of England), and (3) Frankfurt-am-
          Main, Germany (European Central Bank).

          Mentally move from "nuclear explosion" to "fractional reserve
          banking." Then move from "we interrupt this broadcast" to "ATM
          machine." I don't mean move mentally. I mean move. The moment you
          hear about a nuclear explosion, get into your car and drive to the
          nearest ATM. Take out the limit. You can always redeposit the money
          later.

          Two days after a nuclear bomb hits an American city, your credit
          cards will be rejected by all card-swipe machines. My credit cards
          will be rejected. All God's chillun's credit cards will be rejected.

          These two words – "card rejected" – would shut down the West. Who
          has a month's currency in small bills in ready reserve? Nobody will
          be able to pay anybody with digital money.

          The long-feared inter-bank cascading cross defaults will take down
          the banks.

          The U.S. government would then create a national rationing system.
          It would put a moratorium on debt collection: no evictions, no
          cessation of municipal services, and rationing in terms of last
          month's consumption, minus 20% (initially).

          The credit markets would be gone. That would be the end of
          everyone's productivity and lifestyle. It would cripple the division
          of labor."