Sacred Ground

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2003
      Hi Kim, Rick and All,

      In looking at these mysteries we have been discussing a few thoughts
      come to mind. One being the concept of 'take your shoes off you are
      on sacred ground' comments in the Bible. From reading The Temple
      Legend it occurs to me that it is when one is in revelation that one
      becomes aware of the Mother Earth and that we are walking on Sacred
      Ground. I have always wondered about this saying and couldn't figure
      it out. Does anyone have a thought regarding what this saying means?

      Another thought pertains to the Washing of the Feet mystery. It seems
      that Magdalene washed, and a few other women in Mark and Luke who I
      believe to be one and the same, the feet of Jesus. He in turns washes
      the feet of the disciples. And in this he claims 'if I do not do this
      you will have no part in me'. Which leads me once again to the
      Magdalene; that Jesus will have no part of what she offers if she
      does not do this for him as well. It can not be one without the other
      I believe. The idea that she annoints the Christ is a real big deal.
      The word annointed one is the Christ. Who is she who is the
      annointer? Just another woman? I think not. Nor do I think this
      ritual of washing the feet is anything to cast aside. Especially not
      when Jesus claims those about him will have nothing to do with him if
      he does not perform this ritual.

      How is it that she is aware of his passing and the others are not?
      She just knows. There are no questions, there are not even any
      remarks that he knows of this woman in the Luke and Mark chapters.
      She just does her thing.

      And the reason I am contemplating the seriousness of this ritual is
      that I have been all over the net looking at the Last Supper
      paintings from around the world. And most of them have one thing in
      common: either they show the one disciple in very feminine forms or
      they show the water pitcher standing near by. It is quite obvious in
      the Da Vinci Last Supper as well as the Blake painting. If she is not
      there in human form there is a symbol for her.

      The website which has many other paintings can be found at
      http://biblia.com/jesusm/passion.htm#Magdalene

      Sincerely,