Re: Liberalism in action (case example)

  • holderlin66
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3 9:45 PM
      lightsearcher1 wrote:

      rapturous Orwellian sympathy
      > with the attitudes on this
      > list --

      > http://www.frontpagemag.com/Content/read.asp?ID=82

      Bradford responds;

      Hey Ron, Dottie needed some insight into the Kabbalah and I
      suggested you would be great at it. Several dottie, holdi posts up
      the list. I miss your intelligent contributions. I know, I hear your
      brain, you miss my intelligent contributions.. but just as an aside,
      I respect the young ladies right to display what ever sign she felt
      she had to express herself with. God forbid that the hallways get
      wall to wall billboards and god forbid the Patriot Act goes into
      effect.

      But there are five easy steps to overcoming denial and Ron you have
      all the symptoms of needing to walk yourself through the defanging
      of certain egregorial beasties that have taken abode in your psyche.
      The five 'Easy Pieces' step program follows this previous validation
      of observation.

      Bradford wrote:

      "How about we try Saddam and Bush, one in Baghdad the other at the
      Hague for War crimes. Have you any idea, dear friends, have you any
      idea at all, in our thick heads, what would happen if we were able to
      see all the footage of the torture, rape, and murder videos and
      photographs that the Military is sitting on now? Do you have any idea
      what an outrage the entire world would have? I say show them all, and
      make a humanitarian museum out of Abu Ghraib. Show the pattern of how
      Nazi culture almost took over the 21st century. Show the players, the
      lies and the deceptions."

      From the following five step program:

      "Finally, when the misdirection fails -- deny, deny, deny. Bush and
      Co. are knee-deep in their own cesspool. Invasion under
      false/illegal pretenses, Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo Bay -- these are all
      high crimes and misdemeanors that could (should) land just about the
      entire Bush Administration in jail. The denial they use is that they
      gave no orders to torture prisoners. Yet another lie, as revealed by
      the recent assertions from the Justice Department. And there's
      another word we've allowed this Administration to bastardize -
      justice.

      Justice would be Republicans seeing the Bush Administration for the
      criminals that they are. Justice would be seeing each and every one
      of them on trial right next to Saddam Hussein.

      I can dream. Can't I?"

      Brother Ron's five step program:

      Doug Griffin: 'I can dream: Republicans after Fahrenheit 9/11'
      Date: Saturday, July 03 @ 10:35:03 EDT
      Topic: Republicans

      By Doug Griffin, CounterBias

      When I worked for a large computer company that was bought by
      another large computer company, our HR teams distributed some tools
      to help us cope with the fact that times had indeed changed. One of
      the tools distributed was the '5 stages of Change.' Maybe you're
      familiar with it. I can only dream that these stages are what's
      happening with Republicans as more and more of them see Fahrenheit
      9/11.

      [1] The first stage is denial

      The President of the United States wouldn't mislead us. If he had
      lied to us, surely the media would report it. Why hasn't any of the
      information from the film been reported in the regular media? This
      is just Leftist propaganda.

      Yes it is. The biggest difference between this Left-wing propaganda
      and most Right-wing propaganda is truth. There is far more factual
      information, and therefore, more truth in Fahrenheit than many
      conservatives want to admit. And as we all know, the truth sometimes
      hurts... a lot. Denying it only prolongs the agony that is sure to
      follow with such a realization.

      But the information was put out there. Granted, it was discreet.
      Occasionally, the media would drop a story here and there and then
      the stories would no longer be deemed 'newsworthy.' Time magazine
      ran a story last summer questioning the Saudis' motives and
      determination in regards to terrorism. The Bush/Saudi connection was
      mentioned there. It was even on the cover.

      Anybody on the Right pay attention?

      [2] Next comes anger or resentment

      That damn Michael Moore and those damn liberals! These left-wing
      zealots are distorting the facts. Shame on them for saying these
      things about my President! The President of the United States should
      not be spoken about in such a manner.

      I hate to say this, but... You started it! Perhaps people in glass
      houses shouldn't throw stones. Or to put it in terms the Right can
      understand: "He who is without sin, cast the first stone."

      Worse things were said about President Clinton. The moral
      indignation expressed by you on the Right is reprehensible. You
      dragged the previous President of the United States of America
      through the mud because he lied about a personal matter, yet you
      cry 'foul' when simple accountability is required of the current
      President of the United States for lying about several matters that
      concern war, our national safety and well-being.

      Not to mention the fact that the main reason you voted for Bush in
      the first place was because he was going to return "integrity to the
      Whitehouse."

      Get over yourselves, Republicans! You are not the custodians of
      morality and decency. Obviously, your judgment is a little flawed in
      that area. Look who you picked to be president. Thanks for that.

      I know. I know. You've been listening to people (and I use that word
      loosely) like Ann Coulter, Bill O'Reilly, and Rush Limbaugh,
      thinking they were telling you the truth. Well, when you only listen
      to one voice or one side, your truth tends to be what they want it
      to be. When the news media fails to offer any alternate opinion or
      possibility, this obviously exacerbates the problem. Michael Moore
      only filled in the gaps that the mainstream media failed to plug
      themselves - and they were huge.

      Whether it was due to fear of losing prime real estate within the
      White House press corps, or worse, to profit from war coverage (war
      sells as much as sex does), the media failed us. This should have
      absolutely nothing to do with partisan politics. Whether the media
      does its job or not is everybody's business. This is the first group
      we all should be angry with. Second is the Bush Administration.
      Although we usually do, we can't really get angry at the criminals
      first, this time. Get angry at the group that is charged with
      keeping the criminals in check. In this case, that's you: CNN,
      NBC/MSNBC, ABC, CBS, and FOX. Okay, FOX News gets a pass. They
      actually did do their job. They know full well they are
      neither "fair" nor "balanced." That 'Fair and Balanced' farce was
      taken too seriously by far too many people. In fact, anytime I
      happen by FOX News, I take a magnifying glass to the TV screen to
      look for the disclaimer that says, "This is really not news. We're
      really a Right-wing propaganda network." I haven't found it yet, but
      I know it must be there.

      So, conservatives, you have only yourselves to blame.

      Like exiting Texas Governor Mark White said after Bill Clements was
      elected:

      "Don't blame me."

      Ditto, conservatives.

      [3] The third stage is bargaining

      Please, God, if you make them go away, I'll be good. Just make this
      whole movie about the truth disappear. Discredit Michael Moore. The
      truth is too hard to face, God. Please, if you just erase the last
      several months and we could go back to our false sense of justice...
      you know, when we captured Saddam. That made everything alright,
      didn't it? Or maybe if you could erase time all the way back to May
      1, 2003. Our Mission had been accomplished, Lord. We won the war and
      the hearts and minds of the oppressed. I promise, I'll be good. Just
      don't make me face the fact that my choice for President of the
      United States was a monumental mistake. I can't deal with that
      realization.

      Don't blame God for the mess we're in.

      Contrary to what President Bush says, God did not choose him to be
      president. The Supreme Court did. Maybe making a deal with God
      insuring that the Supreme Court does not make such a catastrophic
      mistake in the future would be worth bargaining for.

      Bush's claim that God called him to lead America is either a
      delusion or more propaganda. What better way to sell yourself to the
      religious Right? God no more wanted George W. Bush to be president
      than Bush wants gays to have the right to marry. God was
      disenfranchised in Florida, too! Ever since, that decision by the
      Supremes, God has been bastardized and blasphemed by the Bush
      Administration.

      Maybe, you should be angry about that. Maybe you should bargain with
      God to smite them all or turn them into pillars of salt.

      Whatever you gotta do.

      Maybe if you promise to be more informed about your political
      choices, God will miraculously ensure that no more unqualified
      people will run our country.

      [4] The fourth stage is depression

      Why me, Lord? How could I have been so blinded. Why didn't I see
      this sooner. Look at where my country is. This is not my America. I
      don't want to get out of bed. My president would never do what they
      say he has done. But, I can't deny what has happened.

      I never wanted to believe that we could come to this either.

      Welcome to the America that liberals have been living for the past 3
      1/2 years. Maybe now, the Right can see the light.

      All your Coulters, Limbaughs, Hannitys, O'Reilly's... they all
      knowingly misled you. You have to come to that realization. Your
      entire belief system has been or will be turned upside down. I know.
      You actually thought that just because FOX News said it, it was
      true. Your logic probably went something like: "Bill O'Reilly
      wouldn't call it the 'No Spin Zone' if he didn't mean it. Would he?"

      Yes, he would. He continues to do so. In fact, Bill O'Reilly is the
      king of spin. O'Reilly's like a used car salesman, complete with
      plaid sport jacket. And like so many used car salesmen, the car he's
      selling you is a lemon.

      There is some good news, though. You do have a choice. You don't
      have to buy the lemon that Coulter, Hannity, Limbaugh, O'Reilly and
      Company are trying to sell you. You can test drive another model.

      [5] Finally comes acceptance

      Okay, this is the way it is. The President may or may not be evil,
      but his administration as a whole is not good for America. I've been
      defending this man for so long. I'm not happy about being duped for
      the last 4 years. How can I make sure I won't be fooled again?

      You can exercise your right and vote for someone else. There is no
      shame in realizing an error in judgment. There is, however, shame in
      blindly repeating that error. George W. Bush is a hell of a
      salesman. He was marketed by some fairly creative minds.
      Unfortunately, those minds may not have had America's best interests
      at heart. Perhaps the PNAC All-Stars truly believed that they were
      acting in our best interests. The means by which they were prepared
      for, and partially succeeded in, carrying out their plans is a key
      problem, though. Using the office of the President of the United
      States, the neo-cons had considerable success in duping the public
      of the United States in several areas.

      The level at which they denied, misdirected, and outright lied to
      keep doing what they were doing and to keep from being prosecuted
      for it seemed to rise in relation to the stakes.

      They knew about but failed to prevent the events of September 11.

      They've invaded a country that was not a threat to our own, based on
      lies.

      When the lie became more apparent, then it was time for the
      misdirection.

      http://www.smirkingchimp.com/print.php?sid=16845