Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Moore & Bush

  • zapdingo
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 1, 2004

      dottie zold <dottie_z > wrote:

      Never met another Sag with rising in Leo. Hello:)

      Well, hello there!
      And let me tell you this doesn't surprise me. Due to my lack of knowledge on the subject, I was never able to follow well the studies you are undertaking. However,  from what comes through in your writings, I always knew: We are kindred spirits, you and I. Therefore it only makes sense that we share this very interesting astrological configuration, which comes, by the way, with some pretty neat features: For starters, due to all this fire around us any pie thrown in our direction cooks immediatelly to ashes, never coming close to its target.  Just a question of keeping the flames strong and steady, really.
      My best to you, too.
      Bryan

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Jo Ann Schwartz
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 1, 2004
        JoAnn:
        >> ...when Michael Moore notes that the military of this country tends
        >> to be made up of poor and working class men and women... folks the "system"
        >> is rigged against from the word go. But still, they volunteer to serve and
        >> protect us, to give up their lives for us, and "all they ask in return is
        >> that we promise not to put them in harms way unless truly and absolutely
        >> necessary."

        Bryan:
        > I see. There are situations when war is truly and absolutely necessary.

        Of course. The question Michael Moore is asking, along with many other folks,
        is: Was THIS war -- the war in Iraq -- necessary? Especially given the needs
        of the war and reconstruction in Afghanistan, the need for greater expenditure
        on 'homeland security', the way intelligence was twisted (to conform to
        BushCo's pre-existing beliefs), and on and on and on. Especially given that
        the American invasion and occupation of Iraq has served as a recruiting tool
        for the very terrorists BushCo claims to oppose -- and predictably so, if Bush
        & co had bothered to ask anyone who has studied the middle east and its
        politics (which according to my friends who do, they pretty much didn't).

        JoAnn:
        >> Or as John Kerry famously asked back in the early 1970's -- How do you ask
        >> someone to be the last man to die for a mistake?

        Bryan:
        > He should be able to answer this himself now. Last I heard, he was
        > against pulling our troops from Iraq.

        Yeah, he's caught himself between a rock and a hard place there. On the other
        hand, it would be hard to make more of a hash of it than our current Fearless
        Leaders have done. At least Kerry has some first-hand exposure to combat,
        which one hopes will help keep him honest...

        Musing on the nuances and hard choices inherent in service to one's country,
        JoAnn