understanding Iskariot

  • holderlin66
    Message 1 of 31 , Jun 2, 2004
      Bradford comments;

      So Tarjei, the quality of how Dylan sings this song brings the
      intensity of betryal with an in intellecutal relentlessness like 13
      arrows to the heart of General Custer.

      We find that Dylan has interfaced with Judas in a peculiar way. It
      has been put forward here, as you recall, that Dylan had a vision
      that he was incarnated at the time of Augustine. Augustine and Judas
      are tied together and the moral tale of betrayal of the high ideals
      presented by the mission of Sixties as they and Dylan pushed back
      against the Ahrimanic forces are powerful in the listening of this
      song and the style.

      Bradford has felt that there is a strong connection between Dylan
      and the destiny of both Augustine and Judas. I felt so strongly that
      I have had this screenplay and lecture running back and forth in my
      mind's eye for sometime now. Here again Judas is brought dead center
      into the core of this intellectual soul direct hit, out of the Mars
      activity of Poetry and the Poets weapons against failed and retarded
      human thinking.

      THE MASTERS OF WAR

      Come you masters of war
      You that build all the guns
      You that build the death planes
      You that build the big bombs
      You that hide behind walls
      You that hide behind desks
      I just want you to know
      I can see through your masks

      You that never done nothin'
      But build to destroy
      You play with my world
      Like it's your little toy
      You put a gun in my hand
      And you hide from my eyes
      And you turn and run farther
      When the fast bullets fly

      Like Judas of old
      You lie and deceive
      A world war can be won
      You want me to believe
      But I see through your eyes
      And I see through your brain
      Like I see through the water
      That runs down my drain

      You fasten the triggers
      For the others to fire
      Then you set back and watch
      When the death count gets higher
      You hide in your mansion
      As young people's blood
      Flows out of their bodies
      And is buried in the mud

      You've thrown the worst fear
      That can ever be hurled
      Fear to bring children
      Into the world
      For threatening my baby
      Unborn and unnamed
      You ain't worth the blood
      That runs in your veins

      How much do I know
      To talk out of turn
      You might say that I'm young
      You might say I'm unlearned
      But there's one thing I know
      Though I'm younger than you
      Even Jesus would never
      Forgive what you do

      Let me ask you one question
      Is your money that good
      Will it buy you forgiveness
      Do you think that it could
      I think you will find
      When your death takes its toll
      All the money you made
      Will never buy back your soul

      And I hope that you die
      And your death'll come soon
      I will follow your casket
      In the pale afternoon
      And I'll watch while you're lowered
      Down to your deathbed
      And I'll stand o'er your grave
      'Til I'm sure that you're dead

      Kariot born, put on island kills father marries mother, works in
      Pilates house.
      Dramatic scenes of ointment and last supper and Thursday eve.
      Hangs himself;
      Crosses the threshold and we follow him after death.
      Meets Christ after death
      Incarnates as St. Augustine.
      We watch little masterbating Augustine wrestle with his demons
      He becomes St. Augustine.

      Now we might ask as to the nature of dreams. Did Bob Dylan associate
      his spirit with St.Augustine as an outside participant in the killing
      of Augustine or was, or was... and this really is an interesting and
      vital question, Dylan took over the Social Spiritual mantel of poetry
      from Woody Guthrie. Who was Woody Guthrie? Woody Guthrie is someone
      to consider, but let us consider the idea that Dylan, in the dream,
      saw an indication that he indeed was associated with St. Augustine
      and his time in a reincarnation vision. Benjamin Franklin, Henry Ford
      and Thoreau have had such reincarnation visions, just ask Shirley
      Maclaine. Naturally, error is error, however the film doesn't have to
      insist on the point that Dylan is Augustine, but in theory, I have
      little problem seeing the potential that Bob Dylan might even have
      been St. Augustine.
    • holderlin66
      Message 31 of 31 , Jul 29, 2004
        Man of Peace

        by Bob Dylan

        Look out your window, baby, there's a scene you'd like to catch,
        The band is playing "Dixie," a man got his hand outstretched.
        Could be the Fuhrer
        Could be the local priest.
        You know sometimes
        Satan comes as a man of peace.

        He got a sweet gift of gab, he got a harmonious tongue,
        He knows every song of love that ever has been sung.
        Good intentions can be evil,
        Both hands can be full of grease.
        You know that sometimes Satan comes as a man of peace.

        Well, first he's in the background, then he's in the front,
        Both eyes are looking like they're on a rabbit hunt.
        Nobody can see through him,
        No, not even the Chief of Police.
        You know that sometimes Satan comes as a man of peace.

        Well, he catch you when you're hoping for a glimpse of the sun,
        Catch you when your troubles feel like they weigh a ton.
        He could be standing next to you,
        The person that you'd notice least.
        I hear that sometimes Satan comes as a man of peace.

        Well, he can be fascinating, he can be dull,
        He can ride down Niagara Falls in the barrels of your skull.
        I can smell something cooking,
        I can tell there's going to be a feast.
        You know that sometimes Satan comes as a man of peace.

        He's a great humanitarian, he's a great philanthropist,
        He knows just where to touch you, honey, and how you like to be
        kissed.
        He'll put both his arms around you,
        You can feel the tender touch of the beast.
        You know that sometimes Satan comes as a man of peace.

        Well, the howling wolf will howl tonight, the king snake will crawl,
        Trees that've stood for a thousand years suddenly will fall.
        Wanna get married? Do it now,
        Tomorrow all activity will cease.
        You know that sometimes Satan comes as a man of peace.

        Somewhere Mama's weeping for her blue-eyed boy,
        She's holding them little white shoes and that little broken toy
        And he's following a star,
        The same one them three men followed from the East.
        I hear that sometimes Satan comes as a man of peace.