Happeninings

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2004
      Well, this morning, at 5 AM in my driveway, sits an ARMY TRUCK. The
      most beautiful Army truck I ever did see. And I used to see a lot of
      them when I was a kid as they used to drive past my house on the way
      to somewhere just about everyday. I would stand outside with my
      sisters and wave a big hello or goodbye. Was never sure.

      So, this amazing army truck with front windows that pop outwards
      almost like sunglasses, was blocking the driveway of the Woman's club
      of Hollywood. I just sat in amazement and wonder yet realizing I was
      probably going to have to tow her unless her owner was sleeping in
      that drug infested hotel across the street. Sure enough he comes
      popping out in what looks like army gear from a war fought long ago.

      This man shared with me that the army truck served in Germany and got
      caught in the Battle of the Bulge where she remained until one of her
      men remembered her and in the seventies brought her home.

      This story is going nowhere really. Just how interesting as I sit
      reading these stories from the war that I find an army truck from
      1941 sitting in my driveway.

      Happy Wednesday,