Re: To Taz re Summer of Love

  • holderlin66
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2003
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, golden3000997@c...
      wrote:

      Oh Taz!

      > I am reading your e-mail for the first time as I am listening to
      Richie
      > Havens' "Motherless Child" on a CD I made called Classic Rock 2
      (I've got 1 & 3)
      > lots of music downloaded - don't tell the thought police!!
      >
      > OH, Ferlinghetti -

      Bradford comments;

      What I meant to say or add to the wonderful comments already outlined
      is that, Poets are quoted and studied and it seems like only
      yesterday that the echoing Troubadours still carried the thin threads
      of humanism that played on every radio station and car commercial.
      The slobbering greed of the Intellectual Soul has raced through our
      human culture, accelerated under the current American administration,
      devouring and stinging to death with accusations of 'tree huggers',
      liberals and racial quota mongers...

      The term Intellectual Soul Greed is not meant as mere greed, but the
      venomous hunger of Ahrimanic cunning that twists not only the Christ
      Event to narrow fundie Jesus, but makes the outrageous assumption
      that god is on George Bush's side. Even while the Intellectual Soul,
      with Aztec like violence, slices the flesh of the American spirit
      into lies and fragments of historical revisionism equal only to
      George Orwell.

      The days of courage and voice that rang through and carried onto
      generations are still voiced by new troubadours and we have the
      mighty Library of Alexandria growing with wonderful minds whose voice
      is only a click away. We have more support now for wide general
      humanism and information and an equal amount of 'legion like
      dogmatic' fascism and Ahrimanic deception, as that which challenged
      those of the 20th century.

      Hendrix and Dylan stood their post all along the Watchtower and
      Steiner has given us new reason and new courage to collect and hold
      the Michael voices of upcoming and past generations. Anthroposophy
      has such greatness in it, that those who hold her dear, feel the
      living pulse of Michael Courage scattered in diverse areas of culture
      alight with ony the small flame of transformed thinking tools.

      BUSINESSMAN THEY DRINK MY WINE
      PLOW MEN DIG MY EARTH
      NONE WILL LEVEL ON THE LINE
      NOBODY OF IT IS WORTH

      There has been for some time a ringing new way to hold our culture in
      earnest and in good spirit and still walk happily into the regions of
      the esoteric or the wonderful warmth of Waldorf community building.
      Joel has done it for years as has TAZ and Tom Mellett, hundreds
      continue to identify pearls and ringing spiritual truths from our
      brothers and sisters.

      The point is, lectures Steiner gave to Young, Youth, new anthros
      coming against old anthros, is really holding onto our ability to see
      youth's idealism, ever arriving at the fringe of the first awakenings
      of solid spiritual and humanistic culture. That is why the WatchTower
      and the study of holding it together in literature, science, film,
      blogs and a new way of integrating and bridging these insights are
      all part of Anthroposophy Tomorrow.

      REM in 'losing my religion' picked up the thread. "What if god were
      one of us, just a stranger on the bus..." "Calling All Angels, we're
      trying, we're hoping..." Hotel California as a Michael Theme; Thomas
      Traherne "How like an Angel came I down" compared to Super Tramp
      and 'Logical'.

      Idealism is courage and all of Spiritual Science resonates with this
      thread of courage running through culture. One just needs to embrace
      the Michael Moore's, Gore Vidals; Al Franken's; Bill Maher's: and the
      hundreds of thousands who have maintained Idealism against hypocrisy
      and fascism. My own destiny survived the Rado and Ragni of the making
      of "Hair", and doing my shows Off B'way with Andy Warhols crew of
      transvestites, and finding my way to the wonderful Goetheanum and now
      back to the living gold in humanities ideals and hearts. "Donnie
      Darko' and:

      Mad World
      Gary Jules - Donnie Darko

      all around me are familar faces
      worn out places
      worn out faces

      bright and early for the daily races
      going nowhere
      going nowhere

      their tears are filling up their glasses
      no expression no expression

      hide my head I wanna drown my sorrow
      no tomorrow
      no tomorrow

      and I find it kinda funny
      I find kinda sad
      the dreams in which I'm dying
      are the best I've ever had
      I find it hard to tell you
      I find it hard to take
      when people run in circles it's a very very
      mad world
      mad world

      children waiting for the day they feel good
      happy birhtday
      happy birthday

      and I feel the way that every child should
      sit and listen
      sit and listen

      went to school and I was very nervose
      no one knew me
      no one knew me

      hello teacher tell me what's my lesson
      look right thourgh me
      look right throuh me

      and I find it kinda funny
      I find kinda sad
      the dreams in which I'm dying
      are the best I've ever had
      I find it hard to tell you
      I find it hard to take
      when people run in circles it's a very very
      mad world
      mad world

      enlargen your world

      mad world

      AND SO MUCH MORE IS LIKE BREATHING IN THE AIR OF IDEALISM AND HEARING
      AND FEELING THE LIVING BREATH OF THE WORLD RISE AND FALL AND MAINTAIN
      THE FALTERING RHYTHMIC SYSTEM OF CULTURE. IDEALS OF ALL SORTS ARE
      LIKE OXYGEN TO THE SOUL. BE LIKE NEIL YOUNG, 'A MINER, ALWAYS, FOR A
      HEART OF GOLD'