New book Steiner about Parzival, H.Grailtraditions, and more along these lines;

  • epwijnantsresearch
    Message 1 of 32 , May 26, 2004
      Check your knowledge of Steiner's work!

      In this spoof manuscript I used the references made by Rudolf
      Steiner in his lectures. Who can tell what where, read the two links
      at ;

      http://www.epwijnants-lectures.com/cdtroyes.html

      (Of course however has access to the modern day `Arendsen', I mean
      the 2002 encyclopedia of Steiner topics published in German 2002 ,
      can do this easy.)

      Eric
    • holderlin66
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 15 11:32 PM
        "Circus dogs jump when the trainer cracks his whip," George
        Orwell observed, "but the really well-trained dog is the one that
        turns his somersault when there is no whip."

        Orwell noted that language "becomes ugly and inaccurate
        because our thoughts are foolish, but the slovenliness of our
        language makes it easier for us to have foolish thoughts." And
        his novel "1984" explained that "the special function of certain
        Newspeak words ... was not so much to express meanings as to
        destroy them."

        National security. Western values. The world community. War
        against terrorism. Collateral damage. American interests.

        What's so wondrous about Orwellian processes is that they
        tend to be very well camouflaged -- part of the normal scenery.
        Day in and day out, we take them for granted. And we're apt to
        stay away from uncharted mental paths.

        In "1984," Orwell wrote about the conditioned reflex of
        "stopping short, as though by instinct, at the threshold of any
        dangerous thought ... and of being bored or repelled by any train
        of thought which is capable of leading in a heretical direction."

        Orwell described "doublethink" as the willingness "to forget
        any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes
        necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just so long
        as it is needed."

        In his afterword to "1984," Erich Fromm emphasized "the
        point which is essential for the understanding of Orwell's book,
        namely that `doublethink' is already with us, and not merely
        something which will happen in the future, and in dictatorships."

        Fifty-two years ago, Orwell wrote an essay titled "Politics
        and the English Language." Today, his words remain as relevant as
        ever: "In our time, political speech and writing are largely the
        defense of the indefensible."

        Repression and atrocities "can indeed be defended," Orwell
        added, "but only by arguments which are too brutal for most
        people to face, and which do not square with the professed aims
        of political parties."

        http://etext.library.adelaide.edu.au/o/orwell/george/o79e/part50.html

        Bradford comments;

        The above would be Orwell himself speaking. But the culture of the I
        AM is a culture of orientation to phenomena. Phenomena, observation
        and thinking, allows the development of what I have just been
        exploring recently, the 5th Ether. The culture of the I AM is rooted
        in the 5th Ether. This fifth ether, along with fire, air, water and
        earth, the temperaments and the four chambered heart and four
        seasons, has to do with the Fifth Ether. The Cognition Ether that
        makes a full five pointed star with the lotus petals and thought
        centered at the 5th ether of cognition on the brow of MAN.

        St. Paul was the first person to be struck directly between the eyes
        with the 5th Ether as the cohesive force of the 5the ether struck
        Saul, he was made aware that it was Golgotha that had brought this
        long awaited I AM ether into operation. Saul had to reach instead of
        the spinal serpent S he had to sound shift his name to holding the
        Light in his head, P. Now that is a terribly accurate insight for
        how Saul became Paul. The light of the 5th Ether, the Logos Light,
        suddenly went off like a 500 hundred watt bulb in Paul's head. He
        now had to get used to the integration of Seeing. Now, Fichte of
        Germany was also a baby representative of this new 5th Ether and
        highly representative of how the German mind was constructed.

        The culture of the I AM brings cognition practice, which is a 5th
        ether motif into every aspect of phenomena. Since the Logos and the
        School of Spiritual Science can move anywhere and remain
        unspecialized, open, connect all manner of dots, tour through art,
        science and religion, it is rooted to the Logos and the full I AM
        born from Golgotha. There is nowhere, where cognition cannot go and
        obviously some people have specific gifts for certain areas of
        cognition. I have very little for playing of music.

        Now I suspect none of you have ever heard of the 5th Ether and have
        only begun to struggle with the culture of the I AM. But this
        culture of the I AM is not Group Think

        Here is how some consider Group think and falling into a Group Soul,
        non I AM condition. It would be falling away from the mission of
        Golgotha, which is I am culture.

        OTHERS

        "The mass meeting is also necessary for the reason that in it the
        individual, who at first, while becoming a supporter of a young
        movement, feels lonely and easily succumbs to the fear of being
        alone, for the first time gets the picture of a larger community,
        which in most people has a strengthening, encouraging effect . . .
        In the crowd he always feels somewhat sheltered . . . When from his
        little workshop or big factory, in which he feels very small, he
        steps for the first time into a mass meeting and has thousands and
        thousands of people of the same opinions around him, when, as a
        seeker, he is swept away by three or four thousand others into the
        mighty effect of suggestive intoxication and enthusiasm, when the
        visible success and agreement of thousands confirm to him the
        rightness of the new doctrine and for the first time arouse doubt in
        the truth of his previous conviction--then he himself has succumbed
        to the magic influence of what we designate as `mass
        suggestion.' Adolf Hitler

        At the same time we see our huge globe
        becoming ``McWorld,'' we also see the tribalization of its people
        into Orwell's ``Group-think.'' The individual today (and his
        ability to think for himself) is lost in the sea of Globalism,
        Pluralism, Multi-culturalism and Jihad. One has to be a member of a
        group to find identity or even to claim his rights as a victim. A
        law-breaking gang has more clout and voice than an individual law-
        abiding citizen. If modernism exalted rugged individualism,
        postmodernism swallows the individual into a soupy sea of ethical
        relativism controlled by the perceived needs of society. "