Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Talking about us?

  • Tarjei Straume
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 6, 2003
      At 02:14 06.12.2003, Joel wrote:

      >Dear Tarjei,
      >
      > I disagree. Its not about this being an open list, or about the
      > right
      >to lurk, its all about the motive behind the activity and the deeds that
      >follow.
      >
      > Think of a public park, where everyday anyone can gather and speak
      >about religion and philosophy. All kinds of people can watch and not
      >engage. But someone who comes with the intent to take down names and
      >tell stories in another place has engaged in a much more concrete act
      >than just passive observation.

      I agree with your moral assessment here. What I meant is that in a closed,
      private email group, such moles are a problem and an invasion of privacy.
      In a public forum, that is not the issue. What stories they tell each other
      in private about public events are of no concern. The stories they publish
      on their websites and lists are easy to handle and respond to, on *our own*
      lists and sites.

      Tarjei
      http://uncletaz.com/