Re: Skull and Bones/Wm R. Pitt

  • holderlin66
    Message 1 of 11 , May 8, 2004
      dottie zold wrote:

      Love is the answer. And it is all powerful. And I do not know how
      the
      > Doctors students keep missing this point. He has said it over and
      > over in many of his books and yet we still speak of a Love that is
      > weak. Yes. Love is the answer.
      >
      > Dottie

      R.S.

      "Thus we bear in ourselves the impulse of hatred. This it is which,
      from the spiritual world, brings about the circulation of the blood.
      And whereas we may perhaps go through the world with a very loving
      soul, with a soul which thirsts for human understanding, we must
      nevertheless be aware that below in the unconsciousness, there where
      the soul streams down, sends its impulses down into the bodily
      nature, for the very purpose that we may be clothed in a body —
      coldness has its seat."

      I know love is the answer
      And fear serves only to bind
      Keep us all together
      We all belong in heaven above

      No more deception no more war
      And peace we would treasure for evermore
      No need to be alone
      'Cause I hope and I pray
      Open our hearts and show us the way

      I know love is the answer
      And fear serves only to bind
      Keep us all together
      We all belong in heaven above

      http://wn.elib.com/Steiner/Lectures/19231111p01.html

      "There exists only one true source of the moral-spiritual in
      mankind, and this is what we may call human understanding, mutual
      human understanding, and, based upon this human under-standing,
      human love. Wheresoever we may look for the arising of moral-
      spiritual impulses in mankind, in so far as these play a role in
      social life, it will invariably prove to be the case that, whenever
      such impulses spring forth with elemental power, they arise from
      human understanding based upon human love. These are the actual
      driving force of the social moral-spiritual impulses in mankind.

      "If human understanding and human love are the real impulses upon
      which communal life depends, how does it come about that the very
      reverse of human understanding and human love appears in our social
      order?

      "But if one looks at conventional science today, one is forced to
      ask: As the god-created soul is naturally predisposed to human
      understanding and human love, why are these qualities not active as
      a matter of course in the social order?

      "In our souls we actually possess the predisposition to human love,
      and to that warmth which understands the other man.

      "Thus we bear in ourselves the impulse of hatred. This it is which,
      from the spiritual world, brings about the circulation of the blood.
      And whereas we may perhaps go through the world with a very loving
      soul, with a soul which thirsts for human understanding, we must
      nevertheless be aware that below in the unconsciousness, there where
      the soul streams down, sends its impulses down into the bodily
      nature, for the very purpose that we may be clothed in a body —
      coldness has its seat.

      "Because this is so, man must gradually cultivate in himself moral
      warmth, that is to say human understanding and love, for these must
      vanquish what comes from the bodily nature.

      "...in our age, which began with the fifteenth century and has
      developed in an intellectualistic way on the one hand and in a
      materialistic way on the other, much human misunderstanding and
      human hatred has become imbedded in men's souls.

      "At every step in his further evolution between death and a new
      birth he would stumble if he were obliged to carry further this
      failure to understand the other man, this human hatred.

      "People bellow out their ideas about what man should be like, but
      this usually means: Everyone should be like me. If someone different
      comes along, then, even if this is not consciously realized, he is
      immediately regarded as an enemy, an object for antipathy. This is
      lack of human moral understanding, lack of love.

      "People are asleep. It devolves upon us to bring about the
      awakening. And Anthroposophy bears within it all the impulses for a
      right awakening of civilization, for a right awakening of human
      culture."

      Bradford comments;

      I love wonderful moving songs and when it hurts and I weep and I feel
      the tragedy so deeply my soul rests in the holding power of living
      love, my heart aches in renewing pain. There is Discernment and
      Intelligence that go with the capacity to Love. In fact, it is
      discernment and thought that makes one love humanity ever deeper.

      But that does not mean that blinders, dust, deception, spin, should
      make this pain duller because I can easily deny or dismiss my
      conscious humanity. Discernment makes love deeper, keener and more
      living. Love allows our fellow men our fellow human beings to be who
      they are. And as if to say, well of course bradford, if you allow
      George and Rumsfeld and Rush to be who they are.. well that they can
      very well do, but what of these sheep that Christ asked Peter to
      protect?

      Wandering towards destruction without human warmth and reason is
      really to say that as long as I feel alright here, I don't really
      have to imagine the nightmare we have put the Iraqi people through
      already.

      But I have visited Iraq and enjoyed them as a people in 1980 and it
      was once upon a time that America did offer brotherhood to the world.
      If, Dottie, you wish to, with one vast leap, become St. John so that
      you can say as he said, "Brothers and sisters love one another" you
      must be met with Dr. Steiner's developmental correction as to how St.
      John could say those words and how so many others can mouth those
      words and they have different meaning.

      Love, as conscious Living Reality, firstly walking amongst us as the
      Etheric Christ and getting to know all the details of nature and how
      the physical pituitary and pineal play into the flow of chemical
      changes that give the soul good feelings in the endocrine system or
      that Love and Christ is a Fact. A fact to be ever approached anew,
      are earth shattering details of Living Love suppied by Spiritual
      Science. The Angel cry with intensity, Love-Trust-Brotherhood and
      your holy I AM.

      What facts arise when we discern human error and human lie? How shall
      I defend Truth in My heart? By ever growing closer to the vast Truth
      of the eternal I AM and overcoming the dialectical disease of
      Nominalistic, Christless materialism so that I can be stunned by
      wonder and am in awe of what moves the lowly bee or opens the soul to
      the nourishment of heaven. A thousand million things can set off this
      wonder, but active discernment awakes the very nerves of the drama of
      the ZeitGeist. For us, under the Zeit Geist lies and deceptions are
      part of our actual living relationship to time. We can feel the pain
      of our age and the brotherhood of the global community, urging in
      every thought it bears towards something wonderful, but something
      that is Karmically won, for those that have come knocking at the door
      of Spiritual Science in earnest. To those it means being the minority
      losers with a non-stop struggle to express what language and time
      shuns to express.

      It was not about the War of all against All, it was about what is
      happening in our time and what do we need to learn in our time. Love
      is everything, but understanding is the key, so that you can navigate
      by your star through the perils of Luciferic and Ahrimanic forces in
      you and outside of you in our age. These are the mandates of living
      in this 5th Post Atlantean Age.

      But rather, look you to what Steiner ever demanded. Human
      Understanding and Love. These two. Michael wisdom in the heart
      grounded on Love so that love does not become watered down but is as
      has been described the most potent scientific fact in the universe
      coming directly of the Spiritual Epi-center that impacted Earth on
      Golgotha. A Science in the education of each child and every soul who
      passes through the gates of death. In the universal reality of what
      everyone craves to understand, Spiritual Science stands like an
      overgrown and hidden temple, unvisited because, we the Bees, don't
      take the honey and circulate it to all parts of the world. That we
      learn in our time to express thoughts and interject and draw living
      hopes from the very well springs that we have been offered.

      But hope is not unfounded watered down love. Hope is True
      Intelligence even when looking at the dysfunctional facts of the
      President of the United States engaged with a minions of others, Tom
      Delay and Rush to thwart brotherhood and continue to murder for
      greed, and lies. They do not follow Mark Twain's mandate and War
      Prayer and we do. And we, the Liberal and Esoteric Liberals
      constantly pay the tab, whether it be the pettiness in Waldorf
      Schools or the gathering of a false Armageddeon in the desert. But,
      but, at least we know it was heard, the cries were heard in our
      hearts and answered with some Soul Clarity.

      I have given a no less than twenty examples on various lists where
      politicians or historians, the brightest, can't tell Lucifer from
      Ahriman however Larry is Bevis to my Butthead on the issue. Thanks
      Larry, and thanks for giving me such a noble ensignia. I have watched
      many episodes of Bevis and Butthead and I thought Bevis, if one can
      make a comparison, possibly had more hope...ughhh
    • holderlin66
      Message 2 of 11 , May 8, 2004
        I am engaged in directing Shakespeare's "The Tempest". But Miranda is
        such a Home Schoooled Waldorfian. I remark that on the isle, there
        were these vast friendships. Harvey. Jan. Andrea; Danny. MIke.
        Patrick, Tarjei; Frank; JoAnn; Bobby; Brother Ron; Detlef; Paulina;
        Dottie; so many voices, Maurice, Kevin Dann, Joel; Sune; Bryan;
        Heather.. I am running these off the top of my head, but there are
        many, many who Miranda would say, O Brave New World that has such
        people in it.

        Bees and the Whitsun fire mood, of going to some article or insight
        someone has said, and harvetsting the pollen out of it and chaning
        it, by flying back to the hive, into nectar... We are pollinating and
        we as the limited hive in the undergrowth of culture, we buzz towards
        those who rise up out of the brutal soil and flower, and express in
        their words what is in the vast universes heart.

        But we are the readers and harvesters of those daily, petty, flower
        beds of thoughts that Angels marvel at and man is swamped by. It
        requires discernment from the bees. But I have to tell you, there are
        friends in this hive, list, that always stir me and always have. They
        move me and give me perspective and how happy that Good Will
        Fellowship has managed to collect again round the flower beds.

        Yours, where I wish we met together for 3 hours once a month like the
        Inklings. That titles and performances, and family dinners were
        planned like normal people do. So we suffer that our fair friendships
        are refined and blasted of all fiction of flesh, but here I roast my
        marshmellowed heart around the fires of Jan and Harvey and the lore
        of fellow explorers in the vast gardens of the heart.
        Message 3 of 11 , May 8, 2004
          Bradford:
          > If, Dottie, you wish to, with one vast leap, become St. John so
          that
          > you can say as he said, "Brothers and sisters love one another" you
          > must be met with Dr. Steiner's developmental correction as to how
          St.
          > John could say those words and how so many others can mouth those
          > words and they have different meaning.

          Bradford, I wonder how it is that you think you have become the one
          who credibly discerns a thing while others like me are just
          befuddled tadpoles swimming in some darkened puddle awaiting the
          light? You have just words Brad.

          I have been discerning the experience of Love since at least the age
          of seven, long before I encountered Dr. Steiner, and it was when I
          came to accept Jesus the Christ in my heart. Doesn't make me right on
          anything or wrong, it just is.

          I think I will stop here as it makes no sense to respond to such a
          pompous know it all such as yourself who has no shame in the way he
          tries to rule the roost.

          All hail Brad,