Re: R: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Skull and Bones/Wm R. Pitt

    Message 1 of 11 , May 8, 2004
      Dottie:
      It may be starting in
      > the great hall of the cosmos but that is because we are weak and
      are
      > faltering when we need to be supporting one another to a greater
      > reality. We must overcome that which is stated and so to state the
      > worse we walk ourselves into a frieken nightmare.

      I feel like our partners in the spiritual worlds are having to fight
      battles for us because we keep falling asleep to Love. It's as if the
      further we fall the greater the battle. But if we surpass/overcome
      those feelings and thoughts that pull us down into the mucky muck I
      think we would be serving the whole cosmic realm. They shouldn't have
      to fight this hard for us. We should be be finding our way back home
      while in the physical body.

      Dottie
    • holderlin66
      Message 2 of 11 , May 8, 2004
        dottie zold wrote:

        Love is the answer. And it is all powerful. And I do not know how
        the
        > Doctors students keep missing this point. He has said it over and
        > over in many of his books and yet we still speak of a Love that is
        > weak. Yes. Love is the answer.
        >
        > Dottie

        R.S.

        "Thus we bear in ourselves the impulse of hatred. This it is which,
        from the spiritual world, brings about the circulation of the blood.
        And whereas we may perhaps go through the world with a very loving
        soul, with a soul which thirsts for human understanding, we must
        nevertheless be aware that below in the unconsciousness, there where
        the soul streams down, sends its impulses down into the bodily
        nature, for the very purpose that we may be clothed in a body —
        coldness has its seat."

        I know love is the answer
        And fear serves only to bind
        Keep us all together
        We all belong in heaven above

        No more deception no more war
        And peace we would treasure for evermore
        No need to be alone
        'Cause I hope and I pray
        Open our hearts and show us the way

        I know love is the answer
        And fear serves only to bind
        Keep us all together
        We all belong in heaven above

        http://wn.elib.com/Steiner/Lectures/19231111p01.html

        "There exists only one true source of the moral-spiritual in
        mankind, and this is what we may call human understanding, mutual
        human understanding, and, based upon this human under-standing,
        human love. Wheresoever we may look for the arising of moral-
        spiritual impulses in mankind, in so far as these play a role in
        social life, it will invariably prove to be the case that, whenever
        such impulses spring forth with elemental power, they arise from
        human understanding based upon human love. These are the actual
        driving force of the social moral-spiritual impulses in mankind.

        "If human understanding and human love are the real impulses upon
        which communal life depends, how does it come about that the very
        reverse of human understanding and human love appears in our social
        order?

        "But if one looks at conventional science today, one is forced to
        ask: As the god-created soul is naturally predisposed to human
        understanding and human love, why are these qualities not active as
        a matter of course in the social order?

        "In our souls we actually possess the predisposition to human love,
        and to that warmth which understands the other man.

        "Thus we bear in ourselves the impulse of hatred. This it is which,
        from the spiritual world, brings about the circulation of the blood.
        And whereas we may perhaps go through the world with a very loving
        soul, with a soul which thirsts for human understanding, we must
        nevertheless be aware that below in the unconsciousness, there where
        the soul streams down, sends its impulses down into the bodily
        nature, for the very purpose that we may be clothed in a body —
        coldness has its seat.

        "Because this is so, man must gradually cultivate in himself moral
        warmth, that is to say human understanding and love, for these must
        vanquish what comes from the bodily nature.

        "...in our age, which began with the fifteenth century and has
        developed in an intellectualistic way on the one hand and in a
        materialistic way on the other, much human misunderstanding and
        human hatred has become imbedded in men's souls.

        "At every step in his further evolution between death and a new
        birth he would stumble if he were obliged to carry further this
        failure to understand the other man, this human hatred.

        "People bellow out their ideas about what man should be like, but
        this usually means: Everyone should be like me. If someone different
        comes along, then, even if this is not consciously realized, he is
        immediately regarded as an enemy, an object for antipathy. This is
        lack of human moral understanding, lack of love.

        "People are asleep. It devolves upon us to bring about the
        awakening. And Anthroposophy bears within it all the impulses for a
        right awakening of civilization, for a right awakening of human
        culture."

        Bradford comments;

        I love wonderful moving songs and when it hurts and I weep and I feel
        the tragedy so deeply my soul rests in the holding power of living
        love, my heart aches in renewing pain. There is Discernment and
        Intelligence that go with the capacity to Love. In fact, it is
        discernment and thought that makes one love humanity ever deeper.

        But that does not mean that blinders, dust, deception, spin, should
        make this pain duller because I can easily deny or dismiss my
        conscious humanity. Discernment makes love deeper, keener and more
        living. Love allows our fellow men our fellow human beings to be who
        they are. And as if to say, well of course bradford, if you allow
        George and Rumsfeld and Rush to be who they are.. well that they can
        very well do, but what of these sheep that Christ asked Peter to
        protect?

        Wandering towards destruction without human warmth and reason is
        really to say that as long as I feel alright here, I don't really
        have to imagine the nightmare we have put the Iraqi people through
        already.

        But I have visited Iraq and enjoyed them as a people in 1980 and it
        was once upon a time that America did offer brotherhood to the world.
        If, Dottie, you wish to, with one vast leap, become St. John so that
        you can say as he said, "Brothers and sisters love one another" you
        must be met with Dr. Steiner's developmental correction as to how St.
        John could say those words and how so many others can mouth those
        words and they have different meaning.

        Love, as conscious Living Reality, firstly walking amongst us as the
        Etheric Christ and getting to know all the details of nature and how
        the physical pituitary and pineal play into the flow of chemical
        changes that give the soul good feelings in the endocrine system or
        that Love and Christ is a Fact. A fact to be ever approached anew,
        are earth shattering details of Living Love suppied by Spiritual
        Science. The Angel cry with intensity, Love-Trust-Brotherhood and
        your holy I AM.

        What facts arise when we discern human error and human lie? How shall
        I defend Truth in My heart? By ever growing closer to the vast Truth
        of the eternal I AM and overcoming the dialectical disease of
        Nominalistic, Christless materialism so that I can be stunned by
        wonder and am in awe of what moves the lowly bee or opens the soul to
        the nourishment of heaven. A thousand million things can set off this
        wonder, but active discernment awakes the very nerves of the drama of
        the ZeitGeist. For us, under the Zeit Geist lies and deceptions are
        part of our actual living relationship to time. We can feel the pain
        of our age and the brotherhood of the global community, urging in
        every thought it bears towards something wonderful, but something
        that is Karmically won, for those that have come knocking at the door
        of Spiritual Science in earnest. To those it means being the minority
        losers with a non-stop struggle to express what language and time
        shuns to express.

        It was not about the War of all against All, it was about what is
        happening in our time and what do we need to learn in our time. Love
        is everything, but understanding is the key, so that you can navigate
        by your star through the perils of Luciferic and Ahrimanic forces in
        you and outside of you in our age. These are the mandates of living
        in this 5th Post Atlantean Age.

        But rather, look you to what Steiner ever demanded. Human
        Understanding and Love. These two. Michael wisdom in the heart
        grounded on Love so that love does not become watered down but is as
        has been described the most potent scientific fact in the universe
        coming directly of the Spiritual Epi-center that impacted Earth on
        Golgotha. A Science in the education of each child and every soul who
        passes through the gates of death. In the universal reality of what
        everyone craves to understand, Spiritual Science stands like an
        overgrown and hidden temple, unvisited because, we the Bees, don't
        take the honey and circulate it to all parts of the world. That we
        learn in our time to express thoughts and interject and draw living
        hopes from the very well springs that we have been offered.

        But hope is not unfounded watered down love. Hope is True
        Intelligence even when looking at the dysfunctional facts of the
        President of the United States engaged with a minions of others, Tom
        Delay and Rush to thwart brotherhood and continue to murder for
        greed, and lies. They do not follow Mark Twain's mandate and War
        Prayer and we do. And we, the Liberal and Esoteric Liberals
        constantly pay the tab, whether it be the pettiness in Waldorf
        Schools or the gathering of a false Armageddeon in the desert. But,
        but, at least we know it was heard, the cries were heard in our
        hearts and answered with some Soul Clarity.

        I have given a no less than twenty examples on various lists where
        politicians or historians, the brightest, can't tell Lucifer from
        Ahriman however Larry is Bevis to my Butthead on the issue. Thanks
        Larry, and thanks for giving me such a noble ensignia. I have watched
        many episodes of Bevis and Butthead and I thought Bevis, if one can
        make a comparison, possibly had more hope...ughhh
      • holderlin66
        Message 3 of 11 , May 8, 2004
          I am engaged in directing Shakespeare's "The Tempest". But Miranda is
          such a Home Schoooled Waldorfian. I remark that on the isle, there
          were these vast friendships. Harvey. Jan. Andrea; Danny. MIke.
          Patrick, Tarjei; Frank; JoAnn; Bobby; Brother Ron; Detlef; Paulina;
          Dottie; so many voices, Maurice, Kevin Dann, Joel; Sune; Bryan;
          Heather.. I am running these off the top of my head, but there are
          many, many who Miranda would say, O Brave New World that has such
          people in it.

          Bees and the Whitsun fire mood, of going to some article or insight
          someone has said, and harvetsting the pollen out of it and chaning
          it, by flying back to the hive, into nectar... We are pollinating and
          we as the limited hive in the undergrowth of culture, we buzz towards
          those who rise up out of the brutal soil and flower, and express in
          their words what is in the vast universes heart.

          But we are the readers and harvesters of those daily, petty, flower
          beds of thoughts that Angels marvel at and man is swamped by. It
          requires discernment from the bees. But I have to tell you, there are
          friends in this hive, list, that always stir me and always have. They
          move me and give me perspective and how happy that Good Will
          Fellowship has managed to collect again round the flower beds.

          Yours, where I wish we met together for 3 hours once a month like the
          Inklings. That titles and performances, and family dinners were
          planned like normal people do. So we suffer that our fair friendships
          are refined and blasted of all fiction of flesh, but here I roast my
          marshmellowed heart around the fires of Jan and Harvey and the lore
          of fellow explorers in the vast gardens of the heart.
          Message 4 of 11 , May 8, 2004
            Bradford:
            > If, Dottie, you wish to, with one vast leap, become St. John so
            that
            > you can say as he said, "Brothers and sisters love one another" you
            > must be met with Dr. Steiner's developmental correction as to how
            St.
            > John could say those words and how so many others can mouth those
            > words and they have different meaning.

            Bradford, I wonder how it is that you think you have become the one
            who credibly discerns a thing while others like me are just
            befuddled tadpoles swimming in some darkened puddle awaiting the
            light? You have just words Brad.

            I have been discerning the experience of Love since at least the age
            of seven, long before I encountered Dr. Steiner, and it was when I
            came to accept Jesus the Christ in my heart. Doesn't make me right on
            anything or wrong, it just is.

            I think I will stop here as it makes no sense to respond to such a
            pompous know it all such as yourself who has no shame in the way he
            tries to rule the roost.

            All hail Brad,