Miryam19

    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2004
      I didn't tell anyone about my plan, nor did I take any of the servants with
      me. I let two go, richly endowed; two I kept, the most conscientious. Keep
      the house in good condition until I return.

      So I left, flasks and dagger under my clothing.

      I wandered around and no one was surprised. They had become accustomed to
      me, as they would to a beggar, leper, wandering preacher or minor prophet.
      Everything was possible in our land in our times.

      Once a group of wandering men approached me in a narrow pass. The path was
      narrow, one could only go through single file. Who would make way? I, still
      the Jewish woman, still habit formed, stood aside to let the men pass. It
      wasn't proper to look strange men in the face. I adhered to such rules -
      then.

      But one of them forced me to break the rule: it was a look that gripped me
      and wanted reciprocation. What a look. My heartbeat stopped, I saw a flash
      of lightning and fell unconscious.

      This is the basis for the story of the curing of the possessed one, of the
      expulsion of the seven or eight demons.

      When I regained consciousness, the sun was down. I found myself under a
      cover of branches and leaves beyond the pass. I had been brought there and
      put in a safe place. Beside me lay some bread and a small flask of wine. No
      one was to be seen. I felt strange. When I stood up I felt as light as a
      handful of grass, and I saw that the earth was beautiful. That was it: I
      SAW.

      Then I went to sleep. I awoke amazed and felt as though I had been cured of
      a long, serious illness.

      HE. And once again he had disappeared.

      Where to?

      He couldn't have got very far in one night. I deceived myself: I had lain
      there for three days and three nights in a deep sleep. But Yeshua told me
      that much later. I asked the early workers in the fields and all the
      pilgrims on the road if they had seen a group of men. Finally two soldiers
      on horseback stopped me. I said boldly: I got lost and can't find my
      brothers, have you seen them?

      How many?

      Luckily I said: six.

      Probably they thought: six against two, we better let the woman go.

      They went that way, your people.

      Apparently they said that to have something to say.

      I took it as a sign. That way. Your people.

      So they are my people.

      Henceforth and forever mine.

      The riders had pointed to the northeast. The road led again to the sea, and
      along the sea to Kefarnachum.

      And there I found him, and this time the decision between us was made.

      Frank Thomas Smith
      http://SouthernCrossReview.org