Re: Seeking Sophia/Dottie

    Message 1 of 20 , May 2, 2004
      Bradford:
      > > Sometimes you press the patience of Job.

      Dear Braford, last night I could not find a way to express why it was
      that I continue to press the question at times. And this morning I
      remembered the 'feeling' of when I first posed the question: I
      experienced a longing for Sophia to 'experience' our seeking Her out.
      It became a sob in my throat to show Her our love and in that I asked
      the question.

      I remember being on the Ark and experiencing Her there, and, Her
      almost seeking others out. And at times I would almost feel like I
      had the biggest secret in the whole world that wanted to be shared.
      But there were no takers. Well, that is wrong, there was Harvey,
      Catherine, Danny and Charlie for the most part and Stevie Zimm. And
      for the most part I did not know how to express it. It was Catherine
      that was able to slowly encourage it out of me. I mean I did not even
      know that Dr. STeiners group was the initiative for this Sophia: the
      hope of the world. I remember Catherine asking the question of our
      Angel of sorts or maybe it was Jerry but the point was the discussion
      of whom we felt guided America or even the Arks existance. I recall
      Catherines comments about her Angel in a sense and I remember this
      distinct feeling it was Sophia, and I did not even know Her then. But
      the beauty of what Catherine brought was that I realized I did indeed
      have this connection with this Sophia, whatever she has to do with
      Dr. STeiner,but I did not understand it until she fully showed
      herself to me. And whoa that is a big one. But She is still a small
      one in the Anthroposophic stream it seems so far. Maybe it's because,
      as a few people have mentioned, this is not the time. But that is not
      true for all of us.

      So, it was with a longing from within me to share with Sophia how
      much we love Her and seek Her. It wasn't about showing 'hey I am a
      flame or whathave you of Sophia, it was for Her. But I guess you did
      not get that.

      Dottie
    • Jo Ann Schwartz
      Message 2 of 20 , May 2, 2004
        --- Bradford wrote:
        > I don't expect I am worthy for personal
        > interviews with the godhead. Let me express it bluntly. Not one of
        > us here is worthy of getting personal interviews with the godhead.
        > Steiner has presented the facts of why this so and with these fact
        > we should be able to pin-point our own developmental positions. It
        > is called Self Knowledge.

        Dear Bradford,

        Well, no doubt you are correct, sir. There is "[n]ot one of us here worthy of
        getting personal interviews with the godhead."

        And yet...
        And yet....

        Is there no room in your spiritual science for the mystery of Grace?

        In wonder,
        JoAnn

      • holderlin66
        Message 3 of 20 , May 2, 2004
          Jo Ann Schwartz wrote:

          > Is there no room in your spiritual science for the mystery of
          Grace?

          > In wonder,
          > JoAnn

          Well as my dear brother, "Bruce Almighty" said to George Burns, "say
          Good Night Gracie". Great Gracie was at bat, Michael School 3;
          Legion 23: It was the 5th Inning and Gracie came to bat. Infield
          hits, bunts, and too many outs, nobody on base. I always liked the
          underdawgs. Well if we see our team work shared over the globe, with
          our shabby little RS hats, old mitts, worn out cleats..I guess it's
          the only team I would root for. But then I'm a Lord of the Rings
          fan.

          While our fully funded flashy Corporate opponents all look like
          Cheshire cats: Say, JoAnn, just thinking outloud here, if we had
          roughly 700 semi-functioning Waldorf Schools and various other
          Anthro works over the globe, what do we think the estimated budgets
          of all those striving works amount to in relation to, let say the
          following examples?

          700 X $100,000.00 or $200,000.00. Another say, 200 centers, with
          maybe $25,000.00..What is our rough global budget? Now, who can
          measure grace against the numbers? I am curious just what the bottom
          line, might look like. Plus the investment of thousands and
          thousands of hearts, who with child or hope in hand call out for
          Divine Aid. Call forth with their incarnation and their children's
          incarnations, new schools, teachers and salaries.

          THE OTHER GUYS:

          "The military-academic complex is merely one of many readily
          perceptible, but largely ignored, examples of the increasing
          militarization of American society. While the Pentagon has long
          sought to exploit and exert influence over civilian cultural
          institutions, from academia to the entertainment industry, today's
          massive budgets make its power increasingly irresistible. The
          Pentagon now has both the money and the muscle to alter the
          landscape of higher education, to manipulate research agendas, to
          change the course of curricula and to force schools to play by its
          rules.

          Moreover, the military research underway on college campuses across
          America has very real and dangerous implications for the future. It
          will enable or enhance imperial adventures in decades to come; it
          will lead to new lethal technologies to be wielded against peoples
          across the globe; it will feed a superpower arms race of one, only
          increasing the already vast military asymmetry between the United
          States and everyone else; it will make ever-more heavily armed,
          technologically-equipped, and "up-armored" U.S. war-fighters ever
          less attractive adversaries and American and allied civilians much
          more appealing soft targets for America's enemies. None of this,
          however, enters the realm of debate. Instead, the Pentagon rolls
          along, doling out money to colleges large and small, expanding and
          strengthening the military-academic complex, and remaking civilian
          institutions to suit military desires as if this were but the
          natural way of the world."

          "In 1958, the Department of Defense spent an already impressive $91
          million in support of "academic research." By 1964, the sum had
          reached $258 million and by 1970, in the midst of the Vietnam War,
          $266 million. By 2003, however, any of these numbers, or even their
          $615 million total, was dwarfed by the Pentagon's prime contract
          awards to just two schools, the Massachusetts Institute of
          Technology and Johns Hopkins University which, together, raked in a
          combined total of $842,437,294.

          War-Making U or U Make War?

          As it turns out, the military and the Department of Defense (DoD)
          have an entire system of education and training institutions and
          organizations of their own, including the many schools of the
          National Defense University system (NDU): the National War College,
          the Industrial College of the Armed Forces, the School for National
          Security Executive Education, the Joint Forces Staff College, and
          the Information Resources Management College as well as the Defense
          Acquisition University, the Joint Military Intelligence College --
          open only to "U.S. citizens in the armed forces and in federal
          civilian service who hold top secret/SCI (Sensitive Compartmented
          Information) clearances" -- the Defense Language Institute Foreign
          Language Center, the Naval Postgraduate School, the Naval War
          College, Air University, the Air Force Institute of Technology, the
          Marine Corps University and the Uniformed Services University of the
          Health Sciences, among others. In fact, scholar Chalmers Johnson has
          noted in his new book on American militarism, The Sorrows of Empire,
          that there are approximately 150 military-educational institutions
          in the U.S.

          While the service academies train a youthful corps of tomorrow's
          military officers, enrolled in the schools of the National Defense
          University are a group of selected commissioned officers, with
          approximately 20 years of service, and civilian officials from
          various agencies, including the Department of Defense, who are
          schooled in a curriculum that emphasizes "the development and
          implementation of national security strategy and military strategy,
          mobilization, acquisition, management of resources, information and
          information technology for national security, and planning for joint
          and combined operations." Further, good old' NDU sustains the golden-
          triangle military agencies, the high technology industry, and
          research universities by "promot[ing] understanding and teamwork
          among the Armed Forces and between those agencies of the Government
          and industry that contribute to national security." To this end, the
          school also opens spots to "industry fellows" from the private
          sector who, says NDU president and Air Force Lt. Gen. Michael M.
          Dunn, "bring ideas from industry to the Defense Department."

          The power of the Pentagon extends beyond an ability to frame or
          dictate research goals to significant parts of our civilian
          education establishment. Higher education's dependence on federal
          dollars empowers the DoD to bend universities ever more easily to
          its will. For example, as Chalmers Johnson notes, until August 2002,
          Harvard Law School "managed to bar recruiters for the Judge Advocate
          General's Corps of the military because qualified students who wish
          to serve are rejected if they are openly gay, lesbian or bisexual."
          However, thanks to a quick reinterpretation of federal law, the
          Pentagon found itself able to threaten Harvard with a loss of all
          its federal university funding, some $300 billion, if its law school
          denied access to military recruiters. Unable to fathom life ripped
          from the federal teat, Harvard caved, ushering in a new era of
          dwindling academic autonomy and growing military control of the
          university.

          The NSA, however, has to share the spotlight with a host of other
          military, militarized, or intelligence agencies and subagencies when
          it comes to the military-academic action The credo of the Army
          Research Laboratory (ARL) in Adelphi, Maryland, for instance,
          is "delivering science and technology solutions to the warfighter"
          which it strives to do by "put[ting] the best and brightest to work
          solving the [Army's] problems" by employing "a variety of funding
          mechanisms to support and exploit programs at universities and
          industry." The Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR) is
          also high on "University relationships" that provide it with "an
          excellent recruitment resource for high-caliber graduate and
          undergraduate students." Its SPAWAR Systems Center in Charleston,
          S.C, alone, has cooperative agreements with Clemson University, the
          University of South Carolina, The Citadel, the College of
          Charleston, Old Dominion University, North Carolina State
          University, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, the University of Central
          Florida and North Carolina A & T State University."
        • holderlin66
          Message 4 of 20 , May 3, 2004
            God save America ...

            The race for the White House will be decided by fundagelicals.
            That's good news for twice-born George Bush

            John Sutherland
            Monday May 3, 2004
            The Guardian

            The word "fundagelism" has never appeared in the columns of this
            newspaper. The term is, however, current in the blogosphere - that
            cyberforum which nowadays carries the most interestingly paranoid
            political debate. "Fundagelism" is not a word that trips easily off
            the tongue. It's a crunching together of the even more mouth-
            boggling compound "fundamentalist evangelism".
            George W Bush is a fundagelist. Dad wasn't. George H Bush (not
            renowned for his Wildean wit) delivered his most memorable wisecrack
            on walking into a room full of fundagelists: "Gee! I'm the only
            person here that's only been born once."

            His son is truly twice born, with two dads. Nor are the parents
            equal in the eyes of their son. The journalist Bob Woodward, as he
            recalls, asked the current president if he ever turned to the ex-
            president for help. "Well, no," replied Bush Jr: "He is the wrong
            father to appeal to for advice. The wrong father to go to, to appeal
            to in terms of strength. There's a higher father that I appeal to."

            There are, it is estimated, 90 million evangelical Christians in the
            US. If they can be mobilised, they will form a rock-solid foundation
            for November victory for the Republican incumbent. Chads need hang
            no more.

            Of course, not all American evangelicals are fundagelicals any more
            than all Muslims are Islamic extremists. But lukewarm evangelicals
            (like the Islamists) are more likely to vote for their own kind -
            even if extremist - than the opposition.

            What do fundagelicals instinctively oppose? Gay marriage, abortion,
            gun control, taxes, the UN (and the currently top-rated candidate
            for anti-Christ, Kofi Annan), withdrawal from Iraq, Michael Moore,
            Janet Jackson's left breast.

            What do they believe in? Christian values and the future as foretold
            in the Book of Revelation. According to a Time Magazine poll (which
            strains credulity but seems to be valid) 59% of Americans trust that
            St John's prophecies will be fulfilled - probably during their
            lifetime. November could be a last opportunity to vote for God's
            preferred candidate. Iraq (ancient Babylon) figures centrally in the
            fundagelist vision of things, as does the Rapture, and the imminent
            mass conversion of the Jews (hence fundagelist-Zionism).

            The White House has recently been accused of inveighing (via Nasa)
            against the movie The Day After Tomorrow (out on May 28) because it
            narrates the wrong apocalypse. One caused by man-made global
            warming, that is, rather than God's white-hot rage against sinners.
            The apocalypse depicted in Tim LaHaye's Left Behind books is, we
            assume, the US government-approved version.

            Fundagelism presents problems for the Democratic party as it girds
            itself for the coming campaign. John Kerry is a Catholic. A former
            altar boy, he is (to the irritation of Catholic bishops) in favour
            of women's reproductive rights. Last week Naral Pro-Choice America,
            the country's leading lobby for legal abortion, endorsed Kerry's
            candidacy.

            Kerry so-called. Until a couple of years ago, the Democratic front-
            runner was assumed to be as Boston Irish as his namesake county.
            Newspaper sleuthing discovered that his paternal grandfather was, in
            fact, a Czech, Fritz Kohn, who changed his name. Kerry lost
            relatives in the Holocaust. Race-hate websites nowadays routinely
            abuse him as "Kerry (Kohn aka Cohen)". Famously, Kerry is a
            decorated Vietnam war hero who, like Siegfried Sassoon, threw his
            medals away in disgust at what he came to see as a futile colonial
            war.

            Was ever a candidate for the presidency more triangulated? Pro-
            choice Catholic, Shamrock-Jewish, warrior-pacifist? In any rational
            contest, to be all things to all voters should be an advantage. But
            with fundagelism riding high, Kerry looks 110% flip-flop.

            Last Thursday, the American PBS network ran a programme The Jesus
            Factor. It made (for Democrats and, dare one say it, democrats)
            depressing viewing. America, it suggested, is aching for certainty.
            Any certainty. Fundagelism supplies it. God help America is all I
            can say."