Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Our game-show host

  • Mike Helsher
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2004
      > > PS writes:
      > >
      > > Thanks for hosting me,
      > >

      > > Peter Staudenmaier
      > >
      > > Mike:
      > >
      > > Well, there you have it.
      > >
      > > Notice he didn't say thanks for the lively conversation, the
      > opportunity to mingle ideas, stretch boundaries, and maybe even learn
      > something. No. Thanks for letting me be a "[guest]" on your show, is the
      > idea that he leaves us with.
      > >
      > > Famous people are often asked to be [guest's] on all the big
      > talk shows. So, in essence, Peter is already claiming is fame here.
      > >
      > > At last his motive is clearly revealed.
      >

      > Mike
      >
      > I don't think that's really right, if you're "hosting" him then
      > you're acting like hosts do, to a guest. Tonight they've got a guest
      > host hosting something, then if it was like that he would have
      > said, "Thanks for letting me host you." He was more like a special
      > guest
      > star.
      >
      > Digging into the really big issues, Larry

      Yeah, I shoulda wrote "Guest" and "Guest's" in the paragraph above, so I
      changed it.

      We could start a new thread with the different meanings and interpretations
      of the words "guest" and "host" in German and English and in different
      context's and see if we could come up with some racism.

      Then we really would be digging into really big issues. :^)

      Thanks for noticing my lack of thought as I was posting on the fly.

      Mike