Re: Anthroposophical Guidelines & New Group

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 6, 2012

      > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith" <fts.trasla@> wrote:

      or, directly: steiner12-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 6, 2012
        For the record: I was basically done forever with Yahoo Groups years ago, after I decided to quit discussions. and because activities had sunk to an all-time low, I suggested closing it. But the others wouldn't have it, especially not Dottie, who has long since left this forum and is now extremely active on Facebook, where she has started half a dozen groups and the number is growing. I've continued to contribute nevertheless, primarily as a courtesy to Frank, who didn't want it closed either. As far as I'm concerned, he can take over this forum with its 400 subscriptions, either dead or lurkers, and with new members coming in all the time.

        I like Facebook a lot better, because each individual may freely choose whom to include and whom to exclude (through the blocking system) without having to make a group decision of it with votes taken and endless discussions to follow, and Frank opting out of management at least twice. With Dottie also completely gone, I owe responsibility for this playground to nobody, but before I'm completely out of here, I want to make it clear that I take absolutely no responsibility for what happens. I remember what happened to your last Yahoo Group, Frank; it was shipwrecked by Adorable Darlings.

        And precisely because I've had it with Yahoo Groups and every other online discussion forum since the usenets of the nineties, I'm not signing up anywhere else, period. Terry Boardman got me onboard a website project of his a while ago, but I've done nothing with it. Small, private, closed forums may be ok, but anything in the public arena should be done through blogs, I think, or through excellent publications like Frank's and Jo Ann's SCR.

        There is a doomsday button on this Yahoo Group, but because of its history and shared management, it should require at least five senior people to consent to pushing it, I think. I'm sick and tired of sitting in a glass house with Adorable Darlings and Sugar Cherubs watching your every move so you can't share anything of a personal nature -- something I don't do anywhere except occasionally in private emails, based upon long experience.

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 6, 2012

          > This group is meant to be the reincarnation of "Steiner 98"

          That was Tom Mellett's group in the late nineties. Maybe he was Anakin Skywalker back then, not sure about that, but today he is none other than Darth Vader. A very interesting karma for your new vessel. I guess you'll have TM onboard and enliven it by spicing  it up with Adorable Darlings and Sugar Cherubs and what have you, but I'll take a raincheck and maybe give it to somebody else, although I promise on scout's honor not to be mean and give it to an Adorable Darling; I'll send those into Sugarland instead ;)

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 6, 2012

            > And there are only
            > 3 regular Participants: Ted, Tarjei and me. So it could be that the
            > obsession has caused rejection and therefore hesitation on the part of
            > the other members to participate. As the group has no moderator - as far
            > as I know - or too many moderators,

            Well, I'm willing to declassify a secret here, hoping that Ted won't mind: Ted is moderator, and owner too. I've only been assisting him. With me and you gone, it will be his platform to take on the Sugar Cherubs and do as he pleases. (I'm trying to visualize the fear and loathing raging through Sugarland as they read this announcement. They'll probably need a truckload of gnome-decorated sickbags.)

            Tarjei
          • ted.wrinch
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 7, 2012
              Well, Im sorry if I've contributed to the demise of the group. I've been more of a web 1.0 - a reader rather than a poster - sort of user in the past and I mainly joined to talk about the problems for anthroposophy, as I perceived them, that were being created by WC. I was obviously very late to the party for this activity as I see that you guys addressed this back in 04-06. However, as Tarjei has pointed out, the group seems to have been in deep trance for several years and so perhaps its demise was something inevitable.

              "Well, I'm willing to declassify a secret here, hoping that Ted won't mind: Ted is moderator, and owner too.With me and you gone, it will be his platform to take on the Sugar Cherubs and do as he pleases."

              Oh no, it's no fun (?) on one's own!

              Almost a secret to me too! I was given the roles, but no one ever said what I was supposed to do with them. And I think that Tarjei will be aware that I haven't been much involved in group management since- I've carried out no moderations, and can't see that I'd really want to. I'm not sure what the next move should be. Frank seems happy to head off and start his own group, and I wish him the best of luck with that; but, as Tarjei has said, he's welcome to be become moderator of this group - I'd be happy to leave and refrain from posting here, if that's a preference (just let me know).

              Alternatively - Tarjei has said for a long time that he doesn't discuss and prefers FB: perhaps the group should just be closed as he's suggested? Maybe without pushing the 'doomsday button', as I assume there's value in the archives and that they should be kept around.

              T.

              Ted Wriinch

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 7, 2012
                No Ted, don't throw in the towel. You're standing on a double blooded battlefield full of dead subscriptions; it's all quiet in Sugarland because the Cherubs may be up to something, like storming foreign forums as they often do, or they may be knocked completely out by you. You'll have an army all to yourself, 400 strong, to march against the Cherubs; all you have to sound the trumpet and wake them up, inspire them. Like Alex the Great. Frank will wreck his ship, he's done it before, and this time he's jinxed it completely by naming it after Darth Vader.