Interesting belief system

  • Mike Helsher
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2004
      http://makeashorterlink.com/?F40B15E28

      Secular Humanism

      Secular Humanists typically describe themselves as atheists (without a
      belief in a god or very skeptical of the possibility) or agnostics (without
      knowledge of a god and uncertain of the possibility). The laws that govern
      the universe and mankind are the physical laws of the universe and are not
      influenced by non-material or supernatural beings such as gods, demons, or
      other spirits. The concept of a god that hears and answers prayers is
      unproven and antiquated. Secular Humanists do not accept as true the literal
      interpretations of the Old or New Testaments, nor other allegedly inspired
      books such as the Koran. God, ritual, and creed are all rejected. The
      divinity of Jesus, the missions of the prophets and saints must be rejected.

      There is no divine purpose being worked out in the universe by god. Modern
      science rejects any view that human values arise from the supernatural.
      Value does not arise out of a mistaken belief in immortality or
      reincarnation. Our lives have meaning and value because we can create and
      develop our futures. Secular Humanists oppose any oppressive influences on
      the free thinking mind of man by clerical or ecclesiastical authority as
      well as by political ideologies that attempt to restrain free thought.

      Mike:

      Sounds like a religion based on what "modern science rejects" to me.