Researching Anthroposophy

  • ted.wrinch
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2012
      I get sent stuff as a member of the UK anthro society. Before the web, it was difficult to get a wider perspective on some of this material. Now you can just do a search, look up the results, click on some of the links and surprising, positive things can show up. Of course, this works both ways and the critics too are lauding the easy access they now have all over the world to the material they find 'positive' (you can see them pulling this material into their wars on the kinds of sites I excerpted from in my earlier post).

      The links I've just reached stated with a search on a book Stephen Clarke might find interesting, that's been published in the UK by the Edinburgh based publishing house Floris books. The book's called 'Spirtual TurningPoints of South American History' and is by Luigi Morelli. The blurb describes it:

      'This book traces legends from the Andes and Inca traditions in South America, placing myths and history side by side. Luigi Morelli's approach is both scientific and imaginative as he seeks to document the correlation between historical turning points in the region, and the spiritual events that ushered them in.'

      He has a website http://www.revolutionofhope.net/pages/experiential.html .

      With lots of links to other resources, one of which is on 'Theory U':

      "Theory U explores a whole new territory of scientific research and personal leadership. By moving through the "U" we learn to connect to our originating Self. We travel down the left side of the "U" to find ourselves in the realm of presencing, where we learn to sense the future that is seeking to emerge. At that level of operating, we experience the opening of our minds, our hearts and our wills. Yes, this is an intellectual journey, but it's one that is grounded in real life experience and shared practices. On this journey of sensing, presencing and realizing, we learn new ways of being—ways crucial for each of us at this chaotic time (fromhttp://www.ottoscharmer.com). "

      Otto Scharmer works at MIT and has a bio page on his site:

      "Dr. C. Otto Scharmer is a Senior Lecturer at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and the founding chair of the Presencing Institute. He has co-designed and delivered award-winning leadership programs for clients including Daimler, Pricewaterhouse, Fujitsu, and Eileen Fisher. Scharmer is a core faculty member of the UN Leaders Program (at the UN Staff College) and chairs the MIT IDEAS program, which brings together key leaders from business, government, and civil society to co-create profound innovation and systems change. He introduced the concept of "presencing" – learning from the emerging future – in his books Theory U and Presence (the latter co-authored with P. Senge, J. Jaworski, and B. S. Flowers), which have been translated into twelve languages.

      Scharmer holds a Ph.D. in economics and management from Witten-Herdecke University in Germany. With his colleagues, he has used presencing to facilitate profound innovation and change in health, education, sustainability, and business systems. More information about Scharmer and his work can be found at: www.presencing.com"

      The thing I note is that he has a PhD from Witten-Herdecke University, an institution that Diana would describe as suffering from poor academic quality, pace her piece on Daisy's course at Plymouth, as it's an anthro university! People here that read German will know more about it than I, but I've noticed in the past that it's created a lot of heated attention from skeptics and the like. But I see from the Wiki article that it was founded by Dr. Konrad Schily, who's now a member of the Bundestag and who is brother of co-founder of the Greens and former Federal Minister of the Interior Otto Schilly.

      T.

      Ted Wrinch